What is off about this team?

tigeraddikt

Last season, Bruce personally face timed me once a week asking for strategy and motivational advice. This year I’ve been just too busy to hold this weekly meeting and had to cancel it from my schedule. I apologize to the fans out there. I thought they’d be just fine without my input but I guess not

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Dude ya gotta let it go. 

Oh ok. Post it over and over. Here you go

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

A few things....

We have two players starting that stop the flow of the ball. Both dribble in place for 5+ seconds and either jack up a three, try a weak drive, or get turned over.

We don't have any player that can create their own shot besides Harper

We don't have anyone that can remotely finish at the rim consistently

We don't reward our bigs for working hard to establish position

Our off ball movement is slow, uninspired, or without purpose

We ignore mismatches Down low. Our guards think that if a switch happens and a big steps out it means to jack a 3

Our fast break O is more concerned about the highlight than the points so we miss a lot of easy opportunities.

We give up too many offensive boards and look lost on the resets.

I don't know why all of you are complaining about the offense. Nothing wrong with our ability to score. We just lost 2 games where we scored 80 and 77 pts. Our defense is the problem. I thought we would be playing great defense this year and pressing the crap out of people but we are not. Not sure if it is personal problems......refs calling touch fouls or what but until we can start playing good defense we'll be in shoot outs every night. 

good players like the CBP offense.  next year we will have a crop of kids with height and length who will be able to prosper in this offense.  I predict that chuma will be back, DP might be and after this latest injury I think wiley will leave before he gets hurt in college again.

the offense is fine.  like pointed out - we are scoring enough points to win.  we need our D to help out.  USC was a bad matchup for us with wiley out.  UK is a good and improving team who simply beat us with talented and long players.

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh ok. Post it over and over. Here you go

I’m just saying we get it man. You called it. Great. I’ve gone back and read your posts and you are right. Congratulations. Do you want everyone to recognize you? 

16 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I also believe Pearl has to take a long look in the mirror and review his coaching and leadership of this particular mix of guys. Something(s) just ain't working.

Just from listening to Sonny and Rob on the radio broadcasts, it sounds as if we frequently play without discipline on offense, taking quick shots and not moving the ball around first to get a better one.

That's on Bruce IMO.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I’m just saying we get it man. You called it. Great. I’ve gone back and read your posts and you are right. Congratulations. Do you want everyone to recognize you? 

Nah I just want people to say you're right the same emphasis they said I was stupid😂. Take this post I wish somebody would have cut in and said don't insult the guy for actually knowing what he's talking about.....but this aggravates you, it's cool I get it. I'm done. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Just from listening to Sonny and Rob on the radio broadcasts, it sounds as if we frequently play without discipline on offense, taking quick shots and not moving the ball around first to get a better one.

That's on Bruce IMO.

I'm iffy on sonny now

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah I just want people to say you're right the same emphasis they said I was stupid😂. Take this post I wish somebody would have cut in and said don't insult the guy for actually knowing what he's talking about.....but this aggravates you, it's cool I get it. I'm done. 

There’s a difference between commanding respect and demanding it. 

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

I don't know why all of you are complaining about the offense. Nothing wrong with our ability to score. We just lost 2 games where we scored 80 and 77 pts. Our defense is the problem. I thought we would be playing great defense this year and pressing the crap out of people but we are not. Not sure if it is personal problems......refs calling touch fouls or what but until we can start playing good defense we'll be in shoot outs every night. 

People who are complaining about the offense definitely should be. Our poor shot selection plays into our giving up a lot of easy buckets. 

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you hadn’t done this in the first place I don’t think anyone would be aggravated with it. It’s the same reason people didn’t like Viper. No one likes a “I told you so” poster. 

"I really wish my tronz friends would stand up for me on the internet and tell everyone i'm right all the time" is one of the most insecure sentiments I've ever read on a message board. It's also so ridiculously narcissistic. As if you believe we all read everyone one of your posts and commit them to memory. So weird

7 hours ago, twilli13 said:

We dont drive enough and when we do, we often have problems finishing. We also lack any consistent low post scoring presence, forcing us to drive or just jack up 3s. Chuma is the only one of those 3 I can really see getting better in low post. I just dont think Wiley has it in him at this point. Hes huge and 5% body fat, yet always looks a little slow and stiff to me with his back to the basket. I hope I'm wrong and he can get it going. Purifoy literally has no inside game and is rather stiff too. Chuma looks fluid at times, but looks timid to me. Pearl desperately needs inside scorers. And none of our guys seem to be able to pass when posted up. 

Wiley reminds me alot of a early 2000s NBA big

Danjel was very fluid from mid and shooting off the post, IDK what happened. 

45 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

People who are complaining about the offense definitely should be. Our poor shot selection plays into our giving up a lot of easy buckets. 

Could it be better yes.......but to me its not the reason we lost the last 2 games. 

50 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Maybe. I don't think this team is taking too many different shots than it did last season. This team most definitely doesn't rebound like last year's squad. Chalk that up to Heron's absence or Desean's absence or Wiley's absence the past two games, but it definitely feels like AU is giving teams way too many second cahnce opportunities and is unable to get offensive boards like season.

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

How much of this is on Brus? I mean Coach Pearl.

Some for sure.......but i also think the Person scandal is a bigger reason. We brought in 0 new players last year because of the investigation. Hell it could have played into Mitchell and Heron deciding to leave for all i know. 

My biggest criticism of Pearl has been all the transfers he has took on. I think he was trying for instant success and flopped on some of the hired guns he brought in. And that really doesn't play into the problems at hand today. 

I for one love Pearls style of play. Last year was some of the most fun i've ever had watching Auburn basketball. Now player development could be a complaint.....i haven't seen a lot of our players being better then last year but you also have examples of both Brown and Mac playing much better then most thought they could so kind of a push for me in that department

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

There’s a difference between commanding respect and demanding it. 

Don't care about respect I care about disrespect, but I'm done talking about that clearly you're not even acknowledging what I say so ok cool. You are aggravated, we can move on

48 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

If you hadn’t done this in the first place I don’t think anyone would be aggravated with it. It’s the same reason people didn’t like Viper. No one likes a “I told you so” poster. 

Most don't have to be insulted and targeted when they post either. I'm not stupid I see what you're saying but I believe you'd be disingenuous to just ignore what I'm saying and place yourself in my shoes and understand me. I have this gene guy who's been stalking every post I make for months, I have Mikey and his minions, I have people that carry disagreements from years back and it's never just I disagree it has to be some major spill that turns into 5 people at me. After being laughed, ridiculed, attacked passive aggressively later it turns out I was right about almost everything.....you don't imagine you wouldn't say anything about it? And you may not actually....but let's not act like I'm crazy or this is just a normal situation where I expressed an opinion and that was that....

51 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

"I really wish my tronz friends would stand up for me on the internet and tell everyone i'm right all the time" is one of the most insecure sentiments I've ever read on a message board. It's also so ridiculously narcissistic. As if you believe we all read everyone one of your posts and commit them to memory. So weird

You literally try to do it every single day. You post something about me every day but you're NEVER correct. And your feelings are hurt because a person doesn't share the same favorite player you have.....how hypocritical you of all people to type this? 

And if I felt everyone committed them to memory I wouldn't say look at my previous post would I?

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Don't care about respect I care about disrespect, but I'm done talking about that clearly you're not even acknowledging what I say so ok cool. You are aggravated, we can move on

What do you mean? I said I’ve gone back and looked at your posts and you did a good job predicting it! People make predictions on this board and get all sorts of stuff right and wrong all the time. I guarantee you someone predicted we’d win the bowl game by a whole lot of points since Gus was calling plays. Guarantee you somebody predicted Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson would come back for their senior years, hell I even started a thread on “a warning about SEC play” in the basketball forum and that’s come true but I don’t tell people I told them so and expect a cookie when I get something right. You’re obviously a smart guy since you can see some of this stuff coming, stop telling people how right you were and let them see it for themselves. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

What do you mean? I said I’ve gone back and looked at your posts and you did a good job predicting it! People make predictions on this board and get all sorts of stuff right and wrong all the time. I guarantee you someone predicted we’d win the bowl game by a whole lot of points since Gus was calling plays. Guarantee you somebody predicted Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson would come back for their senior years, hell I even started a thread on “a warning about SEC play” in the basketball forum and that’s come true but I don’t tell people I told them so and expect a cookie when I get something right. You’re obviously a smart guy since you can see some of this stuff coming, stop telling people how right you were and let them see it for themselves. 

What do I mean? This post. You read what I said and took it I was talking about posts when in actuality that's what you keep saying over and over.....but if you actually read my last few posts I explained why by you haven't acknowledged it because you really don't care. You just want to make your point and not hear mine, so I said let's move on the last few posts but you want to keep making your point.

Very ironic if you think about it

Archived