What is off about this team?

tigeraddikt

It really is time for the mods to step up and ban this bloviating troll. But I guess he brings in traffic and engagement so they keep him around despite all of his obvious lack of tronz social skills

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

What do I mean? This post. You read what I said and took it I was talking about posts when in actuality that's what you keep saying over and over.....but if you actually read my last few posts I explained why by you haven't acknowledged it because you really don't care. You just want to make your point and not hear mine, so I said let's move on the last few posts but you want to keep making your point.

Very ironic if you think about it

Sorry man, I’m just not following you.

WDE 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Sorry man, I’m just not following you.

WDE 

I see that, that's why I said just move on

27 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

It really is time for the mods to step up and ban this bloviating troll. But I guess he brings in traffic and engagement so they keep him around despite all of his obvious lack of tronz social skills

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

giphy.gif

How many people are openly complaining about me in this thread? Nonezo except Cole. Yet more than a few (and not just in here) are calling him out for his bs

I’ll also add that if u believe I’m a troll, then your post is admitting that you also believe Cole is one as well

57 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

How many people are openly complaining about me in this thread? 

Probably as many as those that have complained about you privately.

The difference between the two of you is knowledge and credibility.

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets cut the back and forth jabs and stick to the OP. If you want to continue take them to PM's and have at it. If continues thread will be locked.

tenor.gif?itemid=11756755

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wiley reminds me alot of a early 2000s NBA big

Danjel was very fluid from mid and shooting off the post, IDK what happened. 

In body size, Wiley does. I think he just needs to develop more consistent low post moves and be more aggressive. 

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Maybe. I don't think this team is taking too many different shots than it did last season. This team most definitely doesn't rebound like last year's squad. Chalk that up to Heron's absence or Desean's absence or Wiley's absence the past two games, but it definitely feels like AU is giving teams way too many second cahnce opportunities and is unable to get offensive boards like season.

I definitely agree with you there. I dont think shot selection is a new problem. We just hit more of them last year. We looked awesome at times, then it kinda all snowballed into that horrible tournament loss to Clemson. We have been living and dying by the 3 the last 2 years. I just dont see it being a sustainable model for the success AU wants. 

44 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

We have been living and dying by the 3 the last 2 years. I just dont see it being a sustainable model for the success AU wants. 

I don't know if it is sustainable or not...but either way,  that approach must be OK with BP or he would do something to make a change.  He's not shy about getting in a player's ear when someone screws up (as he sees it)  so I'm guessing he is not going to rock the boat with his shooters. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I don't know if it is sustainable or not...but either way,  that approach must be OK with BP or he would do something to make a change.  He's not shy about getting in a player's ear when someone screws up (as he sees it)  so I'm guessing he is not going to rock the boat with his shooters. 

Yeah, he seems to be ok with it I think. It may be because he knows it's his best chance to win with the guys he has after watching them in practice all the time. I dunno.

19 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Since the day you arrived on this board you have ragged on Cole. Every Post he puts out you make a snide comment. Multiple people have told you Cole knows basketball but you ignore that.  

I like Cole I don'y always agree with him but we are civil when we disagree. I don't make it personal with comments like bloviating troll.  Cole does have one bad habit which I have brought up with him before he gets into disagreements with people and can't drop very similar to what you do with him. 

Ideally we disagree we make our point maybe repeat it once or twice and then stop and go onto next subject. By saying he is lacking in tronz social skills you are demonstrating that you are also lacking. 

So for now on when Cole says something agree or disagree then drop it and Cole same thing for you when Gene Loblaw says something agree or disagree and drop it.

17 hours ago, twilli13 said:

I definitely agree with you there. I dont think shot selection is a new problem. We just hit more of them last year. We looked awesome at times, then it kinda all snowballed into that horrible tournament loss to Clemson. We have been living and dying by the 3 the last 2 years. I just dont see it being a sustainable model for the success AU wants. 

Last year before Mac went down with his shot blocking presence it helped our D also he was solid on the boards and with Heron and Murray also pulling down rebounds we got a fair share of the Offensive rebounds and scored on them. Also Murray always played against the big Power Forwards he actually did a good job of keeping them a little further out then they wanted and he also posted them up and got them in foul trouble.  Heron also got big's in foul trouble. we don't have anybody getting other teams big's in foul trouble.

Bruce's system while not as pretty as what Princeton does is very effective but his players have to buy into it. When I say buy into it I am talking about the dirty work rebounding, keeping opposing players a little further out when they try and post up, taking the charge. Basically they have to be more physical. It is not just size Murray was one of the most physical players last year.  

The only player who consistently plays physical this year is Dunbar 

I just scrolled through the Clemson thread from last year...the most hurtful part was how many of us thought we'd be able to remedy the only flaw that team faced, depth, in spades 

now we have depth, but some of the guys in that depth are shells of what they were

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just scrolled through the Clemson thread from last year...the most hurtful part was how many of us thought we'd be able to remedy the only flaw that team faced, depth, in spades 

now we have depth, but some of the guys in that depth are shells of what they were

At the time I was one of those people. I saw how well we played with Mac before he got hurt and we had Samir coming in Wiley and Danjel and we all thought everybody was coming back.  There was legitimate reason for optimism and it wasn't just wearing Orange and Blue glasses. With all the original guys coming back with a years more experience plus additions we would have been better. 

Then things started to change we lose our backup PG, our small gritty but in your face PF, and our best all round player in Heron. Then I am afraid I did put on my Orange and Blue glasses and I convinced myself the additional players coming in would negate the loss of the players leaving. Two things were wrong there losing that many key pieces affected team chemistry and we had nobody step in and replace the hard work that Murray and Heron did. What is strange is the guy I thought of as the least important of the new pieces McCormick has exceeded my expectations and like Dunbar I think should get more PT. 

21 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets cut the back and forth jabs and stick to the OP. If you want to continue take them to PM's and have at it. If continues thread will be locked.

My bad. I had been ignoring him for about a month or so but he doesn't let up, everyday it's a post from him. Then the last one I kept asking him to just quote and show anything he says but he weaseled away and I thought it was done but now he just waits for any disagreement I have with anybody and he pops up. It makes it seem like we go back and forth but it's really not that it's anytime I post he has stuff to say. But my bad I'll just ignore him again

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

At the time I was one of those people. I saw how well we played with Mac before he got hurt and we had Samir coming in Wiley and Danjel and we all thought everybody was coming back.  There was legitimate reason for optimism and it wasn't just wearing Orange and Blue glasses. With all the original guys coming back with a years more experience plus additions we would have been better. 

Then things started to change we lose our backup PG, our small gritty but in your face PF, and our best all round player in Heron. Then I am afraid I did put on my Orange and Blue glasses and I convinced myself the additional players coming in would negate the loss of the players leaving. Two things were wrong there losing that many key pieces affected team chemistry and we had nobody step in and replace the hard work that Murray and Heron did. What is strange is the guy I thought of as the least important of the new pieces McCormick has exceeded my expectations and like Dunbar I think should get more PT. 

I think davion gave you a lot of what Jared doesn’t, offball threat scoring wise, adept slasher, clamps, bigger frame. Jvon could be an excellent scorer one day soon but he doesn’t do enough things differently than Jared to have max value on this team 

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think davion gave you a lot of what Jared doesn’t, offball threat scoring wise, adept slasher, clamps, bigger frame. Jvon could be an excellent scorer one day soon but he doesn’t do enough things differently than Jared to have max value on this team 

I agree I was just saying  I didn't expect much of anything out of him and he has been a pleasant surprise.

43 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree I was just saying  I didn't expect much of anything out of him and he has been a pleasant surprise.

yeah I feel hes brought more than Samir per minute (he gets quite a bit less than samir) 

Samir = good blend of skills, shows up big time when playing over matched opponents.  May evolve into a good player by next season.

Samir != reliable player when playing good competition.

3 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Samir = good blend of skills, shows up big time when playing over matched opponents.  May evolve into a good player by next season.

Samir != reliable player when playing good competition.

I wouldn’t say big time, but he does give a ton of effort. Some of his abilities and bad tendencies could be honed out, but BP has done a poor job so far of making me trust that he wants to “change” players. It’s kinda been that he adjusts the system to work around their bad tendencies instead. 

Archived