Carnell Williams new RB coach

WarGolfEagle

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is one Auburn Alum I wish we would of brought home by now!!! Dude has 1 heck of a coaching resume. Look at this mean mug!!! He would add some much needed good ol fashion CUSSIN in to the offensive meetings room!! Something that is sorely missed! lol. You know he would get after them dudes like garner does in  the defensive meeting rooms!!! lmao

ron.jpg

not to sound stupid, but who is this player?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Anybody who doesn't know Auburn is in Alabama has never heard of the city of Huntsville.

Edit: also does this mean people think Huntsville is a nice city?

The other guys argument was that people think Auburn is Georgia because its nice, not proximity. Huntsville is about as close (I think) to Tennessee and you can’t drive from edge to edge of that city in less than 40 minutes (yes I’m saying it’s at least nicer than Auburn), and people DO think it’s in Alabama

I don’t think people think Auburn is that nice, is the point 

On 1/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, AUght2win said:

I think a good position coach is highly underrated. Look at T-Will. The guy flat out transforms his players. He made Deshaun Davis, a 3 star with no size, into an All-SEC player and leader. Since he arrived on the plains, linebacker play is night and day different. And it's not like T-Will is working with much more talent than the previous LB coach had.

The players are in meetings and practice with these guys all the freaking time. You can't tell me their ability to develop and coach the position means nothing.

You make a very good point and I agree but I also think running backs have a lot less on their plate than linebackers. Your number is called and you run hard. I think much of the running backs success hinges on personal physical attributes and vision more than anything. 

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

People think Auburn is in Georgia because it is too nice and organized to be associated with the state of Alabama. As a proud Alabamian, I am not proud of that fact. But it's true. 

They also believe it is a private university and not public. I'm personally proud of the fact that the rest of the country see's us very differently than another university in Alabama and it's fans.

Plus it just chaps those Bama fans when you tell them that mistake is a compliment and not an insult.

9 hours ago, alexava said:

“We had Cadillac,” Gruden recalled Thursday. “We took him with the fourth overall pick. He was on my team in the Senior Bowl. We never handed him the ball one time. I didn’t want any dents on my Cadillac, but I did make a lot of people here in Alabama mad.”

The irony is Gruden took his Cadillac and ran it roughshod for 310 touches with a garbage line and non misdirection system in his rookie year alone. 

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The other guys argument was that people think Auburn is Georgia because its nice, not proximity. Huntsville is about as close (I think) to Tennessee and you can’t drive from edge to edge of that city in less than 40 minutes (yes I’m saying it’s at least nicer than Auburn), and people DO think it’s in Alabama

On many occasions, while  living in California, the people I came across were impressed with Auburn.  They thought Auburn was in GA and when I corrected them — they would have a puzzled look on their face.  They would inevitably respond with something like “But Auburn is a great university,  how can it be in Alabama?”

It got to the point that I wouldn’t correct them.  If they said Georgia, I would say close enough.

My last thought on the matter:

If we are not getting  a HR hire (which Gus could not get),  give me Caddy b/c he will bring a ton of passion and can make instant connections with recruits.  He knows Auburn and the NFL.     I truly do not believe it takes super coaching to be a strong or great RB coach.  This isn't like coaching DBs or a QB.

I'd rather have Caddy vs an up and comer from a non-SEC school,  any day of the week and twice on Sunday.    I have a good feeling about this.   I did not about Kodi, but he has landed some monster talent.  

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Anyone who thinks Auburn isn’t nice hasn’t ever been there!

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

“We had Cadillac,” Gruden recalled Thursday. “We took him with the fourth overall pick. He was on my team in the Senior Bowl. We never handed him the ball one time. I didn’t want any dents on my Cadillac, but I did make a lot of people here in Alabama mad.”

The irony is Gruden took his Cadillac and ran it roughshod for 310 touches with a garbage line and non misdirection system in his rookie year alone. 

That was my first thought too. Gruden didn't want any dents in his caddy till he got it to tampa so he could break the crap outta it himself.

On 1/23/2019 at 3:58 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Pretty lukewarm on this hire. Anyone care to tell me why they’re excited for this? 

What RB recruit located in the Southeast is going to tell Cadillac “No thanks” on letting him in the front door?

Will he get his pick of the litter every time? No. But they will all listen.

Makes me think back to Dyer, Lattimore and Seastrunk all had AU in their Top 2. That was purely based off our position coaches’ clout at that time. It certainly wasn’t because of our HC. We only landed one of the three, but Auburn was on all of their minds.

And that’s what the name Cadillac will bring back. 

Just now, Scotty2Hotty said:

Makes me think back to Dyer, Lattimore and Seastrunk all had AU in their Top 2. That was purely based off our position coaches’ clout at that time. It certainly wasn’t because of our HC. We only landed one of the three, but Auburn was on all of their minds.

Luper had been coaching in college ball for 10 years at that point. And he definitely didn't get his "clout" from his playing days, whereas that is Caddy's primary pitch. Luper was an extremely different hire than Caddy and in fact the exact kind of hire that people are curious why we didn't make.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Luper had been coaching in college ball for 10 years at that point. And he definitely didn't get his "clout" from his playing days, whereas that is Caddy's primary pitch. Luper was an extremely different hire than Caddy and in fact the exact kind of hire that people are curious why we didn't make.

Wasn’t comparing personalities. Comparing clout, which gets you through every front door in the SE. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Wasn’t comparing personalities. Comparing clout, which gets you through every front door in the SE. 

Ok. 

Seems like just about any coach could get through a high school RB's front door as long as he's wearing Auburn on his chest. Can't imagine we'd have any issues with that no matter who we hired. Goodness knows we never had an issue while Horton was here. We just don't close on the big dogs and it seems that's where experience would count. 

15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Our fan base is really weird about 14 year old nostalgia. 

You would be too if you were old enough to remember it, ya whippersnapper. 

On 1/23/2019 at 1:08 PM, augolf1716 said:

That's funny right there 

Is Ben Grubbs the O lineman who sued Nall for jacking up his leg and costing him a shot at the pros? 

2 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Is Ben Grubbs the O lineman who sued Nall for jacking up his leg and costing him a shot at the pros? 

No Grubbs is the OLineman that was a 2x pro bowler that played in the league for 8 years.

I think Chaz Ramsey is who you are thinking of. 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You would be too if you were old enough to remember it, ya whippersnapper. 

I was seven! Easy. 

43 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

How so? 

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No Grubbs is the OLineman that was a 2x pro bowler that played in the league for 8 years.

I don’t remember for sure but think he claimed back injuries. 

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You're right. Thanks.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

How so? 

Just think the nostalgia is giving some a preconceived notion of what Caddy could be. 14 years ago was a long time, most of the recruits we recruit were 1 when he was at AU. Felt like a bit of a lazy hire but will gladly eat crow if this works out.

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Looking forward to moving on to Brandon Cox and Kenny Irons discussion this year.

Archived