Caddy The Recruiter

ellitor

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

We have 2 in Shivers and Kmart

Boy, it sure would be great if KMart solved whatever riddle Gus needs him to and did the damn thing this year. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

A guy like KJ with 4.9 YPC is being abused.  Look at it this way.  KJ had 62 more attempts than Chubb and only had 46 more yards. 

Could be many reasons for ypc beyond just looking at the basic stats :

-KJ had to face tougher defenses

-KJ didn’t have as good of a line 

-KJ didn’t get as many rushes against softened up defenses

-KJ isn’t as dynamic of a rusher as Chubb

-KJ was sometimes too patient while seeking room for five yard gains. 

Just things to ponder...

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

He can also counter the negative recruiting with "I carried the ball 41 times against UGA as a true freshman and it didn't keep me from being an NFL millionaire."

This derailment is on you. 

in my opinion he was not a game changer or elite. 

When he was 100% healthy, which wasn't often, he was a game changer.

When looking at a RB I don't look at total yards but instead look at YPC.

And that suffered for KJ when he was dinged up. When he was 100% his YPC was quite a bit higher.

With all that said YPC alone can't tell you if a guy is a game changer. If the OL is mediocre to poor the YPC can suffer greatly.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Boy, it sure would be great if KMart solved whatever riddle Gus needs him to and did the damn thing this year. 

He started looking like his old self  in the 1st qtr of Purdue...then we never see him again.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

We have 2 in Shivers and Kmart

I’ve been pulling for KMart but he hasn’t shown me the vision and toughness to get through the hole and go the distance although it’s still a fairly small sample size. Worm showed against Bammer what he can do if given the chance. Maybe these guys just need an opportunity. I’m just saying that from the first time they touched the ball those guys I mentioned had the “it” that made you start coming up out of your seat every time they touched it because you just knew that one was going all the way. Jovon I thought had that but alas....I long to have one of those guys again but they are rare. I’ll admit I was spoiled while I was at AU

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

This derailment is on you. 

Was told a lot of the people in the AD were ecstatic that Caddy is back and on the staff. Maybe this hire will be the starting point in Gus getting most of the fan base back on board? 

Ill stay on track. 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Maybe this hire will be the starting point in Gus getting most of the fan base back on board? 

That’s a good move on his part. Doesn’t feel like a terrible move at all. Some people get lucky and can fall up. 

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He started looking like his old self  in the 1st qtr of Purdue...then we never see him again.

I get the doghouse thing with other guys. With him... ????

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Didn't want to show anything to Oregon lol. 

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

He had 11 carries against Purdue, which was tied for most on the team. The score was 28-7 after one qtr, 56-7 at the half. How many more carries would you have liked to see him have? Shivers, Whitlow, Tolbert, Miller all work hard too and deserved some carries in a blowout like that. Which of those would you have taken carries away from to give K. Mart more?

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

He had 11 carries against Purdue, which was tied for most on the team. The score was 28-7 after one qtr, 56-7 at the half. How many more carries would you have liked to see him have? Shivers, Whitlow, Tolbert, Miller all work hard too and deserved some carries in a blowout like that. Which of those would you have taken carries away from to give K. Mart more?

Tolbert's 

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Mighty_Mouse.jpg?1529692945

Tolbert and Miller

17 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

The one metric I like to see when looking at RB's is the yards per carry.  This greatly plays a part in number of carries as well.  It is great to have the SEC's leading rusher but when other guys are very close to total yard numbers with much fewer carries then they are not taking the same beating.  A RB clipping 5.7 or higher per carry is having his way and is being tackled by a bunch of secondary guys.  A guy like KJ with 4.9 YPC is being abused.  Look at it this way.  KJ had 62 more attempts than Chubb and only had 46 more yards.  If you take Chubbs 6 YPC with the same amount of carries he would have outrushed KJ by 326 yards.  Sony had 129 fewer carries than KJ and only ended up being 164 yards short of KJ.  His 7.9 YPC with KJ's attempts would have put him at 2251 total yards beating KJ by 860 yards.

The difference to me is what some people categorize as a game changer or elite back.  I love KJ.  Love how hard he played and he laid it on the line every week but in my opinion he was not a game changer or elite.  He was a game changer to Auburn fans because the alternative was nowhere close to his production.  An elite back at Auburn with the rushing attempts that we have would put up crazy numbers.  When looking at a RB I don't look at total yards but instead look at YPC.

I was with you on KJ until that Georgia game. He really took it to another level in that one. 

Excellent points on ypc and I agree in that I did not see tre mason as being over used even though he had so many carries. He had that special something where they couldn’t get a good hit on him. I never recall him coming up hobbled. Vs trying to play KJ at times with one leg....Gus also did the same to Pettway and White. He needs to do better about finding other options with players are hobbled

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

On one hand it means he is getting others involved which is what we want, on the other he is not getting the hot hand involved.  

I wonder if Gusto preplans his rotations?   If not this would help him make better changes on the fly.  

52 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mighty_Mouse.jpg?1529692945

Tolbert and Miller

It's hot, hard, dirty work but somebody has to do it.

When I was coaching and had the rare opportunity to win in a blowout, I always liked to give the lesser-used guys that work hard in practice as much time on the field as possible. Tolbert and Miller seem to fit that mold. So I wouldn't have taken their carries away in a game that ended up 63-14 just so a sometimes starter could get a few more carries. K-Mart has had plenty of opportunities to show what he can do. He'll have Spring practice to try once again. I like the guy's attitude and hope the best for him but if 11 carries in a blowout win wasn't enough to satisfy his fans they'll just have to wait for another day.

7 minutes ago, lala said:

On one hand it means he is getting others involved which is what we want, on the other he is not getting the hot hand involved. 

I wonder if Gusto preplans his rotations?   If not this would help him make better changes on the fly.  

Here's the deal as it exists on this forum, this thread being a perfect example:  11 carries isn't enough, 25 carries is abuse, yada-yada-yada. As one recently departed member stated in his last days before being "excused" from here, "It's an agenda and no matter what's done by the coaches, this certain group will gripe about it." He also added that since it is an agenda there's no point in attempting rational discussion with them, but I've never been a quitter so I do keep trying.

Look at these comments in that light and they're sort of funny.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Here's the deal as it exists on this forum, this thread being a perfect example:  11 carries isn't enough, 25 carries is abuse, yada-yada-yada. As one recently departed member stated in his last days before being "excused" from here, "It's an agenda and no matter what's done by the coaches, this certain group will gripe about it." He also added that since it is an agenda there's no point in attempting rational discussion with them, but I've never been a quitter so I do keep trying.

Look at these comments in that light and they're sort of funny.

Agree, and it is because assumption by the beat writers is considered as fact.   That is the AU way unfortunately- disfunction.    

32 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

It’s good to see the peanut gallery is out in full force today 😂

And what r u if not part of that.   

29 minutes ago, lala said:

And what r u if not part of that.   

Aren’t we all at some point in our lives, part of the peanut gallery, lala?

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Some of us are just part of the nut gallery...

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

On a message board we all are...       i am just always surprised at everyone that know all the “truths” but fail to use common sense, that are willing to burn on the stake for something they heard

Archived