Caddy The Recruiter

ellitor

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder if they have a lot of kids transfer in for their senior year. I could definitely see that unless there are rules against it.

1 year as opposed to 2 or 3 doesn't make a difference in the rules governing IMG.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I know Caddy can/will become a very good recruiter but its going to take time and he will be eaten alive by some in the SEC for a while. I'm just not sure we/AU have the time for his training

Agree 100% ~ TIME is of the essence with CGM.  He chose to take 100% control of his offense and he chose to bring in two youthful assistants, both short on elite level coaching experience in the pressure cooker of the SEC.  I'm eager to see how this relatively new offensive regime gets "this thing turned around" with a green QB leading the pack.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

1 year as opposed to 2 or 3 doesn't make a difference in the rules governing IMG.

Yes I think they have a lot of kids that just come in and play one year and get coached up then leave. Problem with that is that Caddie wouldn't have any influence on someone that comes in next year unless other kids tell them that he is a great guy. Maybe he could help with other position like OL because of his connection. I'll bet they have some great ones.

17 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Yes I think they have a lot of kids that just come in and play one year and get coached up then leave. Problem with that is that Caddie wouldn't have any influence on someone that comes in next year unless other kids tell them that he is a great guy. Maybe he could help with other position like OL because of his connection. I'll bet they have some great ones.

Other kids or the coaches. I doubt they're going to "steer" anyone our way, but if he made a positive impression while he was there then it can't hurt for IMG's coaches to be able to say, yeah, Caddy's a good guy. They might not say that about every staff. I imagine they've identified some snakes in the business by now. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes. But if it's me, no. (I do have a lot of people on ignore so it's totally possible.)

Glad I haven’t made your ignore list as of yet lol

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I do have a lot of people on ignore

Not sure how well that's working for ya. It seems you reply often to someone who seems logical to be on your list. I'm glad you do though because it helps my BP not to reply.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure how well that's working for ya. It seems you reply often to someone who seems logical to be on your list. I'm glad you do though because it helps my BP not to reply.

Well, I have to admit to passive aggressively acknowledging certain things when I see them top-quoted. It's impossible to completely hide from some of them. 

But it does help tune out some of the noise. Every little bit helps. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not sure how well that's working for ya.

It doesn’t. Getting indirectly proven wrong and making passive aggressive digs prior to claiming shelter under a faulty ignore feature has got to be the silliest if not most immature thing I’ve ever read. What’s the point in halfway ignoring it or halfway acknowledging it? As for the redundant RB carries conversation, it’s way overblown and has been for well over a year now. As a matter of fact, we shared RB carries much better this year than usual last year, and that’s probably because most of the season we didn’t have the back that Gus was comfortable with using as an everydown back. I guess it’s much easier to look back two seasons ago when we had an injury prone RB, incapable backups, and an unsuccessful SECCG appearance to satisfy the agenda driven discontent of Mcloopey and the beat a dead horse gang. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

t doesn’t. Getting indirectly proven wrong and making passive aggressive digs prior to claiming shelter under a faulty ignore feature has got to be the silliest if not most immature thing I’ve ever read. What’s the point in halfway ignoring it or halfway acknowledging it?

That's why I don't do it halfway. Saves my BP some stress not having to read posts from some who just want to argue or agitate mainly for the sake of doing so even if what they are saying is nonsense.

With all due respect E, I am aware that most are not committed and that it is a year away. And that the crystal ball picks are based on the current opinions of reporters for recruiting services.  However, given that I did not see AU "leading" for anyone, my opinion was that it would be interesting to see what Caddy could do in recruiting in his first year with AU.  

And no offense taken.

3 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

With all due respect E, I am aware that most are not committed and that it is a year away. And that the crystal ball picks are based on the current opinions of reporters for recruiting services.  However, given that I did not see AU "leading" for anyone, my opinion was that it would be interesting to see what Caddy could do in recruiting in his first year with AU.  

And no offense taken.

Cool. Your post came across as guys being locked in with other teams the way the post was worded. I still maintain if the pick is not from an actual 247 reporter for a team heavily recruiting a prospect then it's meaningless no matter how many people make the same pick.

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I know Caddy can/will become a very good recruiter but its going to take time and he will be eaten alive by some in the SEC for a while. I'm just not sure we/AU have the time for his training

Agree with the learning curve, but what we had in place was not getting the job done.   

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes. But if it's me, no. (I do have a lot of people on ignore so it's totally possible.)

That ignore feature is awesome. I'm enjoying the board much more since i started using it. 

4 hours ago, CR said:

That ignore feature is awesome. I'm enjoying the board much more since i started using it. 

They need to add in a block feature. Me and @McLoofus would get a lot of mileage out of it! lol

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Blocked Test:  McLoofus is the absolute worst.  He is Toby from The Office...

UnrulyDarlingIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Blocked Test:  McLoofus is the absolute worst.  He is Toby from The Office...

UnrulyDarlingIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

Toby is hilarious and my spirit animal. The absolute worst is actually Meg from Family guy or Frans voice. 

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Toby is hilarious and my spirit animal. The absolute worst is actually Meg from Family guy or Frans voice. 

Interesting choice for your spirit animal...

Just now, abw0004 said:

Interesting choice for your spirit animal...

Okay I lied. Jimmy Butler gets first dibs but Toby is up there. Don’t hate my exceptionalism, playa.

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Okay I lied. Jimmy Butler gets first dibs but Toby is up there. Don’t hate my exceptionalism, playa.

cceba5b977dfed28f3c56dee3add3375.gif

Just now, abw0004 said:

cceba5b977dfed28f3c56dee3add3375.gif

You are truly The Office gif connoisseur. I am humbled to be graced by your presence.

tenor.gif?itemid=3915589

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You are truly The Office gif connoisseur. I am humbled to be graced by your presence.

tenor.gif?itemid=3915589

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Are you assuming that he is gonna be doing that all by himself....?     JMO but the guy seems to have the personality needed and he's a college grad and knows AU....seems he can take the message to the prospects and give them an honest picture of what AU has to offer. I see no reason for him to be "eaten alive" by any coach in a comparable position in the SEC or elsewhere. He just needs to do the work.  

Archived