Ex-Trump advisor Roger Stone arrested as part of Mueller probe

TitanTiger

Roger Stone, a former adviser to President Donald Trump, was indicted by special counsel Robert Mueller and arrested Friday on charges of obstruction, giving false statements and witness tampering.

Stone has been under the microscope of Mueller over his alleged connection to WikiLeaks and hacked Democratic emails released by the site during the 2016 presidential campaign. He has repeatedly denied any collusion with WikiLeaks.

Stone, 66, was arrested in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and is expected to make an initial appearance later Friday in a federal courthouse.

Stone was an official with the Trump campaign as of August 2015, although "maintained regular contact with and publicly supported" the campaign through the 2016 election, according to the grand jury indictment filed Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

Nearly a dozen Stone associates have been summoned by Mueller to appear before his Washington grand jury, sources told NBC News in November.

Trump in December tweeted his support of Stone, quoting his longtime ally as saying he would never testify against him.

Trump wrote that Stone was "essentially stating that he will not be forced by a rogue and out of control prosecutor to make up lies and stories about 'President Trump.' Nice to know that some people still have 'guts!'"

Neither the White House nor Trump’s attorneys could immediately be reached for comment about the indictment against Stone.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/ex-trump-adviser-roger-stone-arrested-part-mueller-probe-n962601

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The big thing is to b**** and moan about how CNN has the video footage. So they're upset that CNN got in the trenches and documented the raid with video footage, but they aren't upset with Stone for breaking the law. 😂😂 What a weird world we live in.

Everyone around Trump is getting arrested.

Sarah Sanders - "This has nothing to do with the President"

Yeah ok Sarah. You're a totally trustworthy person. Everyone should listen to you. 

I have concerns about how the FBI has to use such a show of force in order to take into custody a non- violent suspect.  Were they expecting him to break out a window and begin shooting?  Bet they could have called and told him to "come down to the station".  They are so slick, efficient and secretive that a news network just happened to tag along.  Bit too much Gestapo for me.

14 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

I have concerns about how the FBI has to use such a show of force in order to take into custody a non- violent suspect.  Were they expecting him to break out a window and begin shooting?  Bet they could have called and told him to "come down to the station".  They are so slick, efficient and secretive that a news network just happened to tag along.  Bit too much Gestapo for me.

It was likely intentional, given the magnitude of the indictment. Think of it in the same way the State, after a highly publicized trial, flamboyantly walks out of the front doors of the courthouse to leave - instead of, say, the parking garage.

40 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

CNN was staking out the house, as I believe Stone himself said he was expecting to be indicted. So there was no leak, the FBI didn’t ask them to tag along, there’s no conspiracy. 

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

I have concerns about how the FBI has to use such a show of force in order to take into custody a non- violent suspect.  Were they expecting him to break out a window and begin shooting?  Bet they could have called and told him to "come down to the station".  They are so slick, efficient and secretive that a news network just happened to tag along. Bit too much Gestapo for me. 

For me too. I am all in favor of arresting people who break the law. I just wonder why none in Hillary's campaign have.

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

For me too. I am all in favor of arresting people who break the law. I just wonder why none in Hillary's campaign have.

Ahh there it is! Good to see Hillary made it to the thread. I was starting to worry. 

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ahh there it is! Good to see Hillary made it to the thread. I was starting to worry. 

Yeah things you don't want to see or hear. You don't want the whole truth, only the part you like.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I was wondering if anyone (but Trump) is left.  ;D

Don Jr's my pick for next up. Or Tiffany! I don't trust that Tiffany! She's too inconspicuous. She's the brains behind the operation.

2 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Yeah, we shouldn't start hand-cuffing rich, white collar criminals, even if they are traitors.  :-\

It's undignified.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, we shouldn't start hand cuffing rich, white collar criminals, even if they are traitors.  :-\

It's undignified.

You must be a serious kind of prick for furloughed agents to volunteer to raid your house. 

2 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Yes, yes, let's give all due respect and deference to old, rich white guys.  Wouldn't want to embarrass or fluster them.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes, yes, let's give all due respect and deference to old, rich white guys.  Wouldn't want to embarrass or fluster them.

I wish they would have taped that thing for Cops. With Bad Boys playing in the background.

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I wish they would have taped that thing for Cops. With Bad Boys playing in the background.

This country could use a hell of lot more white collar perp walks. ;)

Stone will fight back and not plead guilty. Good for him that he will get a jury trial and not be ruined just by Mueller. It will be interesting. let me be clear, if he is guilty fine and he should pay. But no one needs gestapo tactic in this country. Smells just like the scenario of Elian and Waco by Janet Reno.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roger-stone-slams-mueller-indictment-says-hes-prepared-for-the-fight-of-his-life

39 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Stone will fight back and not plead guilty. Good for him that he will get a jury trial and not be ruined just by Mueller. It will be interesting. let me be clear, if he is guilty fine and he should pay. But no one needs gestapo tactic in this country. Smells just like the scenario of Elian and Waco by Janet Reno.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roger-stone-slams-mueller-indictment-says-hes-prepared-for-the-fight-of-his-life

"gestapo tactic"  :dunno:

That doesn't even make sense.  The Gestapo was a Nazi-sanctioned secret police. Nicities such as warrants or indictments didn't figure in. As far as procedure, you folks think there should be an assault rifle in every household.

You call this "gestapo tactics"?? 

You're a hoot.  :rolleyes:

Archived