Ex-Trump advisor Roger Stone arrested as part of Mueller probe

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Stone will fight back and not plead guilty. Good for him that he will get a jury trial and not be ruined just by Mueller. It will be interesting. let me be clear, if he is guilty fine and he should pay. But no one needs gestapo tactic in this country. Smells just like the scenario of Elian and Waco by Janet Reno.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roger-stone-slams-mueller-indictment-says-hes-prepared-for-the-fight-of-his-life

Why is serving a lawfully issued warrant a "Gestapo tactic"?  My understanding is that the FBI was concerned he would destroy evidence in his house if he knew they were coming.  Same thing they did with the raid on Cohen's office.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Why is serving a lawfully issued warrant a "Gestapo tactic"?  My understanding is that the FBI was concerned he would destroy evidence in his house if he knew they were coming.  Same thing they did with the raid on Cohen's office.

Yep but one would think they had erased e-mails, smashed a cell phone and computer or something like that.

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

"gestapo tactic"  :dunno:

That doesn't even make sense.  The Gestapo was a Nazi-sanctioned secret police. Nicities such as warrants or indictments didn't figure in. As far as procedure, you folks think there should be an assault rifle in every household.

You call this "gestapo tactics"?? 

You're a hoot.  :rolleyes:

Indeed.  The Gestapo (or even their Stasi successors) would have just grabbed him from the dinner table and no one would hear anything about him ever again.  No warrant, legal representation, or trial.

17 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Stone will fight back and not plead guilty. Good for him that he will get a jury trial and not be ruined just by Mueller. It will be interesting. let me be clear, if he is guilty fine and he should pay. But no one needs gestapo tactic in this country. Smells just like the scenario of Elian and Waco by Janet Reno.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roger-stone-slams-mueller-indictment-says-hes-prepared-for-the-fight-of-his-life

Shame he's actually guilty.

14 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump sure does surround himself with some unsavory people. 

"You are known by the company you keep."

They are all less unsavory than him 

Interesting aspect of this story:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/roger-stone-indictment-trump-mueller-russia-wikileaks-written-answers-perjury.html

How Did Roger Stone Know What Trump Told Mueller?

Even the innocent explanation could incriminate the president.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:32 PM, slot canyon said:

I have concerns about how the FBI has to use such a show of force in order to take into custody a non- violent suspect.  Were they expecting him to break out a window and begin shooting?  Bet they could have called and told him to "come down to the station".  They are so slick, efficient and secretive that a news network just happened to tag along.  Bit too much Gestapo for me.

Gestapo? IDK, but way overboard? Oh yes. 

Do yall remember when Barabara and Jenna Bush had the SWAT Team called on them for underage drinking at a bar in Austin, TX? It kind of smacks of that.

This guy is a total sleazoid but he was going to turn himself in no doubt. There was no reason for a SWAT Team to be there. And the Cameras? LMAO...

It seems like the Republicans just cant tell the truth anymore in any of this. Truth however says that this happened AFTER the wikileaks leak.

The witness tampering? That alone he needed to go. I am seeing so much on the WT from too many people to not believe it 100%. 

But then again, this is the Trump MO for decades. 

:laugh:

Roger Stone claimed more force was used on him than at the bin Laden and El Chapo raids. Nope.

Three men, each the target of a raid, endured them a bit differently.

One man was shot in the head and dumped in the ocean. Another narrowly escaped in a tunnel after a gun battle that left five bodyguards dead.

And one answered knocks from armed federal agents at his home and, later, raised his arms in a triumphant pose after his release.

Roger Stone, President Trump’s longest-serving political adviser, believes one of those is the worst.

Stone was arrested Friday and charged with lying to investigators, obstruction of justice and witness tampering after the special counsel’s office filed a seven-count indictment. Stone rebuffed what he described as political theatrics during his arrest, which some conservatives criticized as excessive force.

“To storm my house with greater force than was used to take down bin Laden or El Chapo or Pablo Escobar, to terrorize my wife and my dogs, is unconscionable,” Stone told reporters Monday.

Did the raids have common elements of violence or danger? Let’s take a look.......

Read the rest at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/28/roger-stone-claimed-more-force-was-used-him-than-bin-laden-el-chapo-raids-nope/?utm_term=.812df2d3289f

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, DKW 86 said:

Gestapo? IDK, but way overboard? Oh yes. 

Do yall remember when Barabara and Jenna Bush had the SWAT Team called on them for underage drinking at a bar in Austin, TX? It kind of smacks of that.

This guy is a total sleazoid but he was going to turn himself in no doubt. There was no reason for a SWAT Team to be there. And the Cameras? LMAO. 

And remember when Janet Reno was AG and the incidents with Elian and Waco?

How the Proud Boys Became Roger Stone’s Personal Army

The dirty trickster started his initiation last year. Now the ‘Western chauvinist’ group has his back against Mueller and the media.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-the-proud-boys-became-roger-stones-personal-army-6?ref=home

41 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Image may contain: 2 people, beard and text

Come on man! Are you really comparing the raid on Osama Bin Laden, completed by Navy Seals to some FBI agents raiding Roger Stone? 

44 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Come on man! Are you really comparing the raid on Osama Bin Laden, completed by Navy Seals to some FBI agents raiding Roger Stone? 

No.......one Navy Seal could have arrested Stone. Are you saying you think it took 29 FBI guys to arrest Stone, and with CNN covering the whole thing?

1 could have probably done it. Maybe 2. But more volunteered. And CNN was documiting an important event with live footage. That used to be thought of as a good thing. Why do you care so much anyway? Only you would feel bad for Roger ******* Stone. 

21 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

No.......one Navy Seal could have arrested Stone. Are you saying you think it took 29 FBI guys to arrest Stone, and with CNN covering the whole thing?

Funny.  All the facts and such surrounding why he was arrested, and *this* is what's giving you the vapors.

29 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

1 could have probably done it. Maybe 2. But more volunteered. And CNN was documiting an important event with live footage. That used to be thought of as a good thing. Why do you care so much anyway? Only you would feel bad for Roger ******* Stone. 

I care for anyone who is treated with unnecessary force. I said before I am all for prosecuting anyone who breaks the law........as long as it is enforced equally without a double standard. THAT INCLUDES STONE!!!  All I am saying there was no reason to suspect Stone was a flight risk and the judge setting bail terms agreed. I simply think the FBI way overreacted in this case.......doing it in the middle of the night to someone not a common criminal with so many agents and scaring heck out of his wife. Question for you or anyone.......do you think if the FBI had just knocked on his door during the day, told him he was under arrest, and read him his rights that he would have resisted arrest?

13 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I care for anyone who is treated with unnecessary force. I said before I am all for prosecuting anyone who breaks the law........as long as it is enforced equally without a double standard. THAT INCLUDES STONE!!!  All I am saying there was no reason to suspect Stone was a flight risk and the judge setting bail terms agreed. I simply think the FBI way overreacted in this case.......doing it in the middle of the night to someone not a common criminal with so many agents and scaring heck out of his wife. Question for you or anyone.......do you think if the FBI had just knocked on his door during the day, told him he was under arrest, and read him his rights that he would have resisted arrest?

I have no clue. And I'm not in law enforcement so I'd rather not try to examine their strategy. As long as they didn't use excessive force, I don't understand what the problem is. Here you go. Here's an excuse for why they did what they did. Was it theatrics? I don't know. But I'd be willing to bet that it's not. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/why-the-armed-fbi-raid-on-roger-stones-home-was-justified-it-has-nothing-to-do-with-collusion

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I have no clue. And I'm not in law enforcement so I'd rather not try to examine their strategy. As long as they didn't use excessive force, I don't understand what the problem is. Here you go. Here's an excuse for why they did what they did. Was it theatrics? I don't know. But I'd be willing to bet that it's not. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/why-the-armed-fbi-raid-on-roger-stones-home-was-justified-it-has-nothing-to-do-with-collusion

I take note the author is a former FBI guy himself and now a law enforcement analyst for CNN......America's hate Trump Network.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I take note the author is a former FBI guy himself and now a law enforcement analyst for CNN......America's hate Trump Network.

I'll also take note that the Washington Examiner is a very pro-Trump publication.

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Funny, I don't remember you speaking up against the use of (actual) excessive force on black people.  Just the opposite in fact.

Another little tidbit......more FBI agents swarmed Stone's home than we had security guards at our BenGhazi compound. Any way you cut it the approach of arresting Stone resulted in a black eye for the FBI which already has enough PR problems. A simple, normal arrest of Stone wouldn't have received anything like the media attention it has. But maybe that's what they wanted.

To the those who have difficulty comprehending, I am NOT questioning whether Stone should have been arrested, just the way it was done.

Archived