D. Davis Article

AUallday

There is a good article out about Davis, sorry i dont know how to add a link. It also shows the class of Coach Steele showing up with Davis at an award ceremony too. He will be hard to replace on and off the field.

War Eagle D

33 minutes ago, AUallday said:

There is a good article out about Davis, sorry i dont know how to add a link. It also shows the class of Coach Steele showing up with Davis at an award ceremony too. He will be hard to replace on and off the field.

War Eagle D

Sorry I don’t know how to link either (if you are talking about the one on al.com). Great article. Interesting relative to what Will Muschamp thought of him. Love the guy. Glad he stayed at Auburn. Will always be a favorite of mine.

Here you guys!

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/01/every-day-is-deshaun-davis-day-former-auburn-star-honored-in-vigor-return.html

Pull up article and hold down lightly on the title in search bar and copy and come here and paste.

The fact that he told him that, reminds me of a coach I’ve encountered before. Ticks me off. Happy Deshaun proved him wrong, loved auburn, and never looked back. Deshaun is a player I will always hold dear. He was the epitome of what you want in auburn man and he deserves everything good in life that can come his way.

I go back to the pre=season interview ESPN did with he and Stidham...Davis has been an afterthought most of his life and he has allowed that to build tremendous strength of character.  His story is a testament to the beauty of team sports, he's had great teammates and coaches that he has allowed to build into him...being coachable is an absolutely beautiful thing.  Good Lord will I be pulling for DeShaun Davis in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I go back to the pre=season interview ESPN did with he and Stidham...Davis has been an afterthought most of his life and he has allowed that to build tremendous strength of character.  His story is a testament to the beauty of team sports, he's had great teammates and coaches that he has allowed to build into him...being coachable is an absolutely beautiful thing.  Good Lord will I be pulling for DeShaun Davis in the NFL.

That’s why I’ll take a guy like DD over a guy like Stidham every day of the week.  The fact that that was even said to DD, makes me say “ F that guy”

As someone that’s been in DD’s position before (at some level), I really shouldn’t get started on this topic. Coaches like that, they can kiss my ass for all I care. After reading that, and I previously rooted for muschamp. I hope he never wins another game

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That’s why I’ll take a guy like DD over a guy like Stidham every day of the week.  The fact that that was even said to DD, makes me say “ F that guy”

Yeah, I don't blame Stidham because he seemingly had it all.  The measurables, the looks and even the beautiful fince' with a sports pedigree.  He just never seemed to be all in.  Davis on the other hand didn't really have any of that stuff...but he obviously wanted to be on that patch of grass in JHS in the middle of that defense and he fought like hell to get there.  He was completely sold out for Auburn.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yeah, I don't blame Stidham because he seemingly had it all.  The measurables, the looks and even the beautiful fince' with a sports pedigree.  He just never seemed to be all in.  Davis on the other hand didn't really have any of that stuff...but he obviously wanted to be on that patch of grass in JHS in the middle of that defense and he fought like hell to get there.  He was completely sold out for Auburn.

And that’s why he will be completely sold on me. Not to mention. My HS number and his match

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

As someone that’s been in DD’s position before (at some level), I really shouldn’t get started on this topic. Coaches like that, they can kiss my ass for all I care. After reading that, and I previously rooted for muschamp. I hope he never wins another game

My respect for Muskrat went down tremendously, after reading that.

Wow, had no idea Muschamp felt like that about DD.  Every team needs a DD to keep them going.  One of my favorite players.  I also lost a little of respect for Muschamp over this one.  DD should send him his All-SEC award, but that's not DD.  He will be a success whether he makes it in the NFL or not.  He just has the will to excel.  

12 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Urban Meyer once told a recruit: “who the f*** recruited you.”

Not to defend Muschamp as I’m surprised about it as well, but maybe he was just getting derecruited? It seems his way of derecruitment is a little extreme as he almost lost a quality player, but at the same time I doubt the article would offer any cases of positive reinforcement. 

One of my favorite D moments was the 2017 defense singing Silent night.  He seems to genuinely enjoy life! As someone indicated here, he will be successful regardless of what he does in life. He has that rare genuine charisma.

Most years we are fortunate enough to have one or two guys graduate and/or expire their eligibility at AU that exemplify everything that embodies an AU man.  

This year we have Deshaun Davis, Chandler Cox, and Dontavious Russell that all fit that description!   War Eagle Gentlemen!

4 hours ago, AUbritt said:

Muschamp 👎

Steele 👍

DD :hellyeah:

What was funny is Steele agreed that he was slow and short , however he also saw football iq that was unmatched at auburn . DD put in work and never listened to muschamp. So cool . He will find a home in pro football for a short time and then he will be a coach one day 

Will is one of those guys who, while he is a defensive mastermind in his own rights, probably looks at physical monsters first and foremost

and while he's been getting them for the past however many years, I understand; you're not used to scouting for other valuable traits, this is a bad look for him. 

Side note: since there isnt a senior bowl thread thats been posted in this entire day, Id just add here, it'd be nice if both Stidham and Deshaun played their way into higher draft positions. Im not the biggest JS fan but if he could have impressed enough (which doesnt seem to be the issue) into a late 2nd round spot, at least, that would give Auburn something to present to recruits, as well as finally having another QB in the league post Cam. Hardly looked like an "Auburn guy" at times, and will certainly be more remembered as a Texan, but Id take anybody

hopefully he isnt the last we have out this current crop of QBers 

On 1/26/2019 at 7:02 AM, aujeff11 said:

Urban Meyer once told a recruit: “who the f*** recruited you.”

Not to defend Muschamp as I’m surprised about it as well, but maybe he was just getting derecruited? It seems his way of derecruitment is a little extreme as he almost lost a quality player, but at the same time I doubt the article would offer any cases of positive reinforcement. 

No excuse for Muschamp being a douche. I can't think of anything worse to tell a freshman than "you will never play here as long as I'm coach." That's just cruel on top of being stupid.

Oh!! What an AUsome article!! Muschimp/chump (never "champ" in my book) was easy to size up, from my perspective, from the get-go. Each time he's mentioned for return on this board, I cringe. If he had one TENTH of Deshaun's character...rock on, Deshaun!  You make us all proud, and I rejoice with you and all of Prichard! 

On 1/25/2019 at 8:31 PM, Maverick.AU said:

Muschamp's a piece of crap, but everyone's known that for a long long time and still we (myself included) were super excited and ready to get the BOOM! back that his character flaws were dismissed.  Another of Muschamp's cronies, Lance Thompson was a sketchy character too. 🙄

Eh, that doesn't make me lose any respect for Muschamp. Happens all the time. He was just being honest and giving DD a chance to start fresh somewhere where he could play. It's harsh, sure, but I don't think it's anything unusual in college ball. Also, it wasn't a direct quote. It wasn't even Davis quoting Muschamp. 

"Bro, you can't play under a guy like that." Well, Tre Williams, you played under that guy.

Great article otherwise. It's so rare that you get to pull for an underdog like Deshaun from the moment he signed and all the way through a four year career and see it all pay off on and off the field. 

Deshaun Davis is a favorite of mine. He could make one hell of a DC sometime in the future with that football IQ and he has the leadership qualities and infectious personality that could help him be a HC some day.

But the little hits on Stidham on the board are puzzling. I have a funny feeling that he's going to get the Nick Marshall treatment -- underappreciated during his time but whoever follows him at QB for next season will make us wish we still had Stidham. Yup, overthrows and all.

Archived