Men vs. Mississippi State - game thread

WarTiger

I really wish we’d go some every once in a while. They absolutely killed us tonight with the drive and dish when one guy got beat and someone else had to step up to help. 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tiger Scout said:

Can't find a lineup that works and the players don't seem to be able to get 

Since we are going home we need to tinker with some lineups. IDK if it will work but I would try Starting Dunbar over Samir.

2 minutes ago, AU Marsh said:

The problem with this team is mentality.  This team isn't tough.  There are too many showboats.  

Soft teams get blown out. Before tonight and the OM game AU lost by a combined 5 points. They played lazy down low on D in the 2nd half and too many careless turnovers tonight. 

18 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Auburn’s football team never gave up, and there are times Auburn’s basketball team gives up after getting frustrated. 

lol come on man. We know what you are doing here.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I actually believe his coach speak unlike gus. And Yes I am fully aware my attitude towards the football and basketball programs are drastically different. It is simple. I believe in our basketball coach. I believe him when he says stuff like this. I do not believe 1 word that comes out of Gus mouth. Bruce is a proven winner. He will get this turned around. 

The main issue is our guards are to small and can't stop the other teams guards.  The Miss. States guards consistently beat us off the dribble and drove the lane then when our bigs had to stop them they dumped to their bigs for dunks. It happened over and over.  Cole had mentioned this weakness before and while I had seen it some today was the first time I saw a team take advantage as part of their game plan. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I actually believe his coach speak unlike gus. And Yes I am fully aware my attitude towards the football and basketball programs are drastically different. It is simple. I believe in our basketball coach. I believe him when he says stuff like this. I do not believe 1 word that comes out of Gus mouth. Bruce is a proven winner. He will get this turned around. 

I believe it too, but Idk if he can change the lack of heart and desire. This team lacks that.

Just now, Tiger Scout said:

Samir showed promise in the first few games but has been worthless ever since. Dunbar has gave us solid minutes . 

Samir has been a huge disappointment in conference play. Chuma has been as well until the past 2 games. He has been better vs South Carolina and Miss St.

8 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

Auburn is a street team. Their play is so unorganized compared to other top programs

Exactly. Many times they drive recklessly towards the goal with no idea what they’re going to do once they get there, perimeter defense is horrible, passes are sloppy, ball rotation on offense is frequently MIA. I’ve said many times we play street ball.

Well we may be in trouble now, this is actually one of the games I said we would get upset. I said you have to watch the teams with good lead guards and scorers because we're not really that good on defense at our guard position. I said msu, lsu and Alabama would be dangerous for us. Rubber is meeting the road

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I believe it too, but Idk if he can change the lack of heart and desire. This team lacks that.

If we win our first game back this week it will be amazing to see how much more heart and desire they have. I mean they easily could of got blown out both these games just in the first half alone but they kept coming and coming. I know it may not look like it sometimes but they have more fight in them than people think. You do not come back from double digit deficits in 3 straight games to take the lead in the second half. And Yes it sucks we did not win any of those 3 games.

What the heck has happened to coach Pearl and the Auburn Tigers? We've now lost 3 straight. Has Bruce lost his magic touch? This team looks like their their totally lost and they have no clue as to what to do next. Same is true for Pearl.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well we may be in trouble now, this is actually one of the games I said we would get upset. I said you have to watch the teams with good lead guards and scorers because we're not really that good on defense at our guard position. I said msu, lsu and Alabama would be dangerous for us. Rubber is meeting the road

I agree on the other 2 but why bama? Who are their good lead guards? I have not watched them play barely 5 minutes this season besides the Georgia State game. And that was to watch Simonds play for Ga State.

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

They really looked like it didn't matter tonight. It's disappointing

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we win our first game back this week it will be amazing to see how much more heart and desire they have. I mean they easily could of got blown out both these games just in the first half alone but they kept coming and coming. I know it may not look like it sometimes but they have more fight in them than people think. You do not come back from double digit deficits in 3 straight games to take the lead in the second half. And Yes it sucks we did not win any of those 3 games.

Like I’ve said before. Talent is there. They just seem to think they can go through the motions and beat anyone. That’s what I mean by heart and desire. They bought into their own hype instead of staying hungry like the were last year when everyone counted them out

Archived