AU falls out of top 25.

GwillMac6

Every time I watch Tenn. I am impressed. The coach has done a great job of recruiting solid players and developing them. His players get better year to year. It is a well rounded roster with a great mix of players. In the game last night they mentioned that while all were quality players out of High School none were top 100 type players.  Jason Williams and Admiral Schofield were both 3*  players out of HS.  The other thing I noticed about Tenn. is that players like Jason and Admiral are thick and because of that they can be physical. 

We really don't have any players on our team that are thick other than Wiley.  I am wondering how come none of our players seem to get bigger in our strength and conditioning program.  There is a way to gain wait and strength that can actually help you with speed and hops but I don't see that happening at Auburn. It has to be done the right way so as not to slow the player down.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Every time I watch Tenn. I am impressed. The coach has done a great job of recruiting solid players and developing them. His players get better year to year. It is a well rounded roster with a great mix of players. In the game last night they mentioned that while all were quality players out of High School none were top 100 type players.  Jason Williams and Admiral Schofield were both 3*  players out of HS.  The other thing I noticed about Tenn. is that players like Jason and Admiral are thick and because of that they can be physical. 

We really don't have any players on our team that are thick other than Wiley.  I am wondering how come none of our players seem to get bigger in our strength and conditioning program.  There is a way to gain wait and strength that can actually help you with speed and hops but I don't see that happening at Auburn. It has to be done the right way so as not to slow the player down.

And now they are starting to sign people. They signed a PG that anybody in the country would want. Have to give kudos when he recruited tae he sat down and told him that this team would be right where it's at bout time he was a junior....

Btw did you see the reverse that made sportscenter top 5?

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The answer is that is how CBP recruits. Like it or not CBP has always been a speed and agility type recruiter rather than a tall and heavy type recruiter . That Just  fits his MO better. Kind of like Gus and his HUNH offense. 

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The answer is that is how CBP recruits. Like it or not CBP has always been a speed and agility type recruiter rather than a tall and heavy type recruiter . That Just  fits his MO better. Kind of like Gus and his HUNH offense. 

Jason Williams and Admiral Schofield beside being thick are also Fast and Agile. My point is you can take the players we have recruited and with the proper workout you can make them bigger and faster without loosing agility.  Other schools do it I just don't see Auburn doing it with basketball players. 

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

He was a hell of a talent. 6'3 or 6'4 with those handles and athletic. There's a reason he was able to leave early but he didn't stick around long enough to accomplish anything for AU, which was where my post was focusing on. Him and Daniels together could've been best back court in AU history...no disrespect to Lew Monroe lol

FAMMMMY!!!!!! Loved Loved Loved those Marco Killingsworth, Lewis Monroe and Brandon Robinson teams. I even followed Marco and Lew to Indiana and watched a lot of their games when they transferred there after Cliff got the axe. Brandon Robinson was a sportscenter top 10 highlight waiting to happen. What the heck happened to him after He left AU? Because He did not return either when cliff left. I don't remember him going elsewhere to play though. 

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

FAMMMMY!!!!!! Loved Loved Loved those Marco Killingsworth, Lewis Monroe and Brandon Robinson teams. I even followed Marco and Lew to Indiana and watched a lot of their games when they transferred there after Cliff got the axe. Brandon Robinson was a sportscenter top 10 highlight waiting to happen. What the heck happened to him after He left AU? Because He did not return either when cliff left. I don't remember him going elsewhere to play though. 

Can’t forget Kyle Davis. He was a monster swatting the ball. Seemed like 5 blocks a game.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:05 PM, cole256 said:

I literally pointed out how the Chris Porter team just lost one player. Bryant Smith and they weren't close to the same...we lost two starters and first bench player....that's 50% of your main guys gone. 

Agree to a point about the Chris Porter part. The 1999-2000 team weren't quite as good as the 1998-99 team without Bryant Smith but they could have still done better had Porter not been suspended. They were 21-5(9-4) before Porter was suspended but finished 24-10(9-7). So they went 3-5 without Porter.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Same here bro. I caught some of those Indiana games once they left AU too, pretty sure they made the tourney with our 2 guys. I had high hopes for Lewis as he was getting a lot of PT for a young guy during our run with Marquis if I recall correctly. Killingworth was a bull out there too. I imagine Lebo's tenure would've gone a little better if those 3 major contributors stayed with the program after Ellis was fired. But hey. That road led us to Bruce soooo the ends justify the means x 100!!

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Same here bro. I caught some of those Indiana games once they left AU too, pretty sure they made the tourney with our 2 guys. I had high hopes for Lewis as he was getting a lot of PT for a young guy during our run with Marquis if I recall correctly. Killingworth was a bull out there too. I imagine Lebo's tenure would've gone a little better if those 3 major contributors stayed with the program after Ellis was fired. But hey. That road led us to Bruce soooo the ends justify the means x 100!!

Who would really be perfect for the team right now is Barber. Kenny Gabrielle as well actually

Archived