Latest Chatter On Every Target 1/29/19

ellitor

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

8 LBs on roster for only 2 playing LBs for the most part isn't being desperate for numbers.

Its a troll at this point I think. Just picking up on what I have seen over the last couple days worth of posting.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

8 LBs on roster for only 2 playing LBs for the most part isn't being desperate for numbers.

As you yourself have stated more than once, we have three (3) linebacker positions. (One OLB, two MLB) Filled last season by D. Davis, D. Williams and M. Atkinson, all of whom have used up their eligibility.  Eight for three positions is less that three-deep. Of those eight, only two have significant playing time. Yes, at the moment we're desperate for numbers there.

15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Its a troll at this point I think. Just picking up on what I have seen over the last couple days worth of posting.

It's been a troll going back to the LSU loss in 2017. He snapped. He blamed that one on the players for not executing Gus's perfectly called 2nd half plays. 

image.png

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Damn! Even Bozo looks creepy...I hate clowns!

It was surprisingly difficult to find a clown pic that wasn't intentionally creepy, and as you point out, pretty much impossible to find one that wasn't unintentionally creepy, either. 

There was so much chatter about OL recruiting i took a look at the team who has won two of the last three national championships. In 2018 that team signed two (2) yep that is correct two OL one 4 star OT and one 3 star OG. In 2017 that team signed 3, yep just 3 OLs, two 4 star OTs and a 3 Star OG.  In 2016 that team signed 5 OLs, two 4 stars, two 3 stars and one 2 star. Of that group only one was designated as an OT. So in the last three years the two time national champions have signed only 10 OLs and of those 10 only four were OTs. Just think about that for a minute.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

tenor.gif

11 minutes ago, auol72 said:

There was so much chatter about OL recruiting i took a look at the team who has won two of the last three national championships. In 2018 that team signed two (2) yep that is correct two OL one 4 star OT and one 3 star OG. In 2017 that team signed 3, yep just 3 OLs, two 4 star OTs and a 3 Star OG.  In 2016 that team signed 5 OLs, two 4 stars, two 3 stars and one 2 star. Of that group only one was designated as an OT. So in the last three years the two time national champions have signed only 10 OLs and of those 10 only four were OTs. Just think about that for a minute.

I'm guessing they learned that some of those guys in 2016 could play. 

So Coe not gonna play spring ball ...recuperating…trust that will be done by time for the season?  ..

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm guessing they learned that some of those guys in 2016 could play. 

Must be nice to be able to develop lineman

3 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Nice job manipulating numbers to try to fit a POV. Rosters are made up of the last 4 classes. Even looking at the abbreviated 3 years AU falls short. We have only signed 7 in the same classes with only 2 being true OTs. Now let's use a full 4 year span of a roster...Ahhh! I see why you limited the years to 3. When you count in the 4th class from 2015 Clemson has signed 14 OL in the last 4 years. 8 of which were OTs. That 8 is the same number of total OLs AU signed the past 4 years.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So Coe not gonna play spring ball ...recuperating…trust that will be done by time for the season?  ..

Precautionary out for the Spring but will be ready for the season. Better topic to be discussed in the football forum instead of the recruiting forum though.

I keep picturing my 3rd grade teacher with a ruler in her hand telling us kids to get back in line each time @ellitor tries to bring the thread back in line! 😂 

Great job by the way because it keeps me on track. Well other than this post...

17 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Sorry if posted and i didnt see, but is there a compilation of projected signing times for each potential AU signee tomorrow?

Yes. Ben Wolk put a free article up yesterday on Rivals...

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/signing-day-preview-decision-times-recent-updates-predictions

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Precautionary out for the Spring but will be ready for the season. Better topic to be discussed in the football forum instead of the recruiting forum though.

Right, 64. It clutters up the ad nauseam oline debate taking place in the latest recruit info thread

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Right, 64. It clutters up the ad nauseam oline debate taking place in the latest recruit info thread

😀    my bad......

8 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Only surpassed by bashing CGM in every thread. 😝 

7 hours ago, auol72 said:

Those are fascinating stats. How many times in their run of playing for/winning nattys have they gone to find a GT that started or played significantly on their OL in the offseason?

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

Even if he was healthy he shouldn't have to participate in much spring ball. There's nothing for him to prove

Archived