Latest Chatter On Every Target 1/29/19

ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I'm ashamed to admit I know nothing of Don Quixote other than I've heard the name before.

From Merriam: quixotic- foolishly impractical; unrealistic; unworldly 

I think that sums it up, lol

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it again: re-hiring JB Grimes will ultimately cost Gus his job in 2020. I hope I'm wrong and we can win some OL recruiting battles over the next two cycles, but I am not predicting so.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I see the dislike Bird. Do you want him to keep going on & on, derailing threads everywhere? Him saying the last thing on something doesn't mean he wins. It just means everyone else is ready to move on.

You think him having the last word is gonna stop him? Hell if anyone says anything remotely negative about Gus, roster management, play calling, stadium renovation, recruiting, practices, uniforms, or the color of the sky, then he swoops in with his mighty mouse act.  

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm ashamed to admit I know nothing of Don Quixote other than I've heard the name before.

He was one of my black sheep cousins that should tell you something " impractical; unrealistic; and unworldly 

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You think him having the last word is gonna stop him? Hell if anyone says anything remotely negative about Gus, roster management, play calling, stadium renovation, recruiting, practices, uniforms, or the color of the sky, then he swoops in with his mighty mouse act.  

tenor.gif

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

bird.gif

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Image result for andy kaufman mighty mouse gif

37 minutes ago, AUwent said:

re-hiring JB Grimes will ultimately cost Gus his job in 2020.

I'd be surprised if JBG was here that long. What could be a bigger factor is that Mount Everest of a schedule next season.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Something along the lines of...

Quality undoubtedly matters in relation to depth to the extent that it doesn't, in which said quality and depth can be universally applied to all positions soley that do or do not have in fact the necessary depth as determined by it's quality. Basically, the nature of depth negates all aspects of quality if said depth is quality. If said depth is unqualified then the quality then reinforces the nature of the depth.

haa.gif

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

The other 3 he had picked are Moore, Bell, & Henry. His article is on the 1st page of the thread.

Yes, saw the article. So you don’t think AU will land Bell, Henry and Moore?

24 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Yes, saw the article. So you don’t think AU will land Bell, Henry and Moore?

No on Bell & Henry. I said earlier to ask me about Moore after his OV to LSU this weekend.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No on Bell & Henry. I said earlier to ask me about Moore after his OV to LSU this weekend.

This is going to be one of those Gabe Wright and Big Cat Bryant situations. Whoever talks to him last tuesday night will be the one who gets him. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The frick has happened to Mikey

comm.gif

I shudder to think how he will act when Gus inevitably gets the boot after this season lol.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

sounds like we are going to crap out on getting any additional OLs in the 2019 class. If we could recruit on the OL as well as we do with DBs and WR, we would be tearing it up.  Do you think JB is the problem with not being able to land OTs in this class?  It is a shame that we will not likely sign Bell & Henry. FSU makes we want to gag & puke!!

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

sounds like we are going to crap out on getting any additional OLs in the 2019 class.

You're forgetting Wisdom Asaboro. He has more potential at an OT, specifically LT more than either Bell or Henry. If he OVs after NSD then game on. Also Alec Jackson has moved to OT.

14 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Do you think JB is the problem with not being able to land OTs in this class?

In general yes. This class no. He was way behind in relationships with the recruits since he hadn't recruited most of these kids til he came back to AU in January. That puts him about a year behind most coaches recruiting for other schools. Also he can only recruit who Gus directs him to & Gus doesn't give a true wide net for OL recruiting.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I shudder to think how he will act when Gus inevitably gets the boot after this season lol.

No need to worry. It will inevitably be the right decision that he has wanted forever and will question us on why we're just now deciding to see it his way.

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No need to worry. It will inevitably be the right decision that he has wanted forever and will question us on why we're just now deciding to see it his way.

YOU ARE ON FIRE TODAY!!!!!!! Love it. 

fire.gif

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wow, in one post (referencing @Brad_ATX post), you have destroyed some of your favorite arguments, namely:

Gus and his staff are not to blame for the shape Auburn is in due to inexperienced backups and

If Lou Gehrig was quality depth then there is a difference between quality depth and just depth.

Did I misinterpret what you were trying to say?

I hope Auburn finishes strong next Wednesday.

What makes you think Gus and staff don't have "interns" ready to plug and play? They had to replace all five starters this past season and the OL got better as the season progressed. Those same guys will be back next season. There is depth behind them. You only think I disputed myself because you think the players we have are trash. I think Gus and staff have a bunch of good players. "The shape Auburn is in" is very good. Thanks to Gus.

Lou Gehrig is a perfect example of a second teamer stepping up when his time came. It happens with regularity and in all likelihood will happen with some of the guys we have on the squad right now. Depth becomes quality depth when a guy gets his chance and comes through.

5 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

The frick has happened to Mikey

He has a wonderful life away from the computer screen. Most days he drops by the 'puter early in the morning on his way to do something fun outside or late at night when he wants to catch up on things.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't think he'll get the boot any year soon. Should that happen, I'll support our next coach without whining about how many carries he lets his backs have or griping about who he hires when I don't know squat about who is who in college coaching circles.

4 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Wow, just caught up on the last 3 pages of this thread and I’m exhausted 

As well you might be. The pack mentality is in full force here and if one takes their yelping seriously it might be tiring. I wouldn't know about that.

Archived