Latest Chatter On Every Target 1/29/19

ellitor

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

but it's not a given that anyone will improve.....and can't see any reason to isolate on the OL when there is room for improvement at about every position.

Not sure why you are trying to put that on me. The current discussion in this thread is revolving around the OL. I just followed suit with the current tpoic.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A. Troxell, J. Osburne, A. Jackson, P.M. Sammons,B. Hamm and probably a grad transfer. Them or no one. That is the group all three and four star recruits with in all likelihood an unknown Grad Transfer after 2019 season.

On 2/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, fredst said:

From Merriam: quixotic- foolishly impractical; unrealistic; unworldly 

I think that sums it up, lol

I thought Saban hired old Don as a defensive guru analyst after the drubbing CLemson gave him!😁

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

and can't see any reason to isolate on the OL

Fair or not, it's hard to evaluate the other positions on offense when blocking is insufficient. So when we know the blocking has been insufficient and that many of our other problems could potentially be attributed to that, we start with the big uglies. 

(I agree that some of our other guys could have responded better, starting with the guy under center. Another domino ahead of the RBs, WRs or TEs.)

I think we will see improvement on the OL for 2019. Will this be enough to get us 9 plus wins ? Who knows.

18 minutes ago, auol72 said:

A. Troxell, J. Osburne, A. Jackson, P.M. Sammons,B. Hamm and probably a grad transfer. Them or no one. That is the group all three and four star recruits with in all likelihood an unknown Grad Transfer after 2019 season.

So...

Osborne, a TF, that most think will be a guard

Sammons, a converted DT that hasn't been able to put it together...yet

Hamm, has only seen time at guard and couldn't displace Horton this year

Jackson, a SDE that will be in his first year of ever playing on the OL

Yep...not worried at all!

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So...

This guy can't even swim that deep.

Related image

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My guess is Trox at RT & LT is playing for another college right now. We need to look in the transfer portal after Spring Ball to see if any quality undergrad LTs have decided to transfer.

33 minutes ago, auol72 said:

P.M. Sammons,B. Hamm

Hamm is at OG & Sammons is not making much progress at OG or OT. He is being used at both positions.

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So...

Quantity is all that matters, we are fine.  nothing to see  here.   LOL

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My guess is Trox at RT & LT is playing for another college right now. We need to look in the transfer portal after Spring Ball to see if any quality undergrad LTs have decided to transfer.

I must have missed something....I thought Tega would be at one OT & Trox at the other.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I must have missed something....I thought Tega would be at one OT & Trox at the other.

Only if the NCAA allowed a full 5 th year of eligibility. 

Just now, alexava said:

Only if the NCAA allowed a full 5 th year of eligibility. 

I thought all was good with Tega coming back. What happened?

7 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I thought all was good with Tega coming back. What happened?

this part of the thread is about the 2020 OL, and Tega will have graduated..:)

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

this part of the thread is about the 2020 OL, and Tega will have graduated..:)

Thanks!  I must have missed the ball on this one! It is a relief my friend! We will likely have to hit the grad transfer market for 2020 in that even if Henry signs with us, not sure he will be ready for the OL by then.

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

We will likely have to hit the grad transfer market for 2020 in that even if Henry signs with us, not sure he will be ready for the OL by then.

The undergrad transfer market after this Spring is an option as well Henry is projected to be a RT FWIW.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The undergrad transfer market after this Spring is an option as well Henry is projected to be a RT FWIW.

If we get Asaboro, do you think he will project as a LT?  I love his size.

the question was who at OT in 2020 not an opinion about the quality. You would certainly hope and believe Troxell would be pretty good by then. Who else will step forward i haven't a clue. It has happened before that people with talent but not the desire have all of a sudden caught fire and become really good. We need that to happen. I would say that i think many of you are selling J. Osburne short he can play RT as well as A. Gholston did, actually same size but has a mean streak. Need another GT like Jack Driscoll as well. He has been a very serviceable player.

11 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think, I read he is going to North Carolina.

43 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

We’re not getting him. He’s going to North Carolina.

42 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Need another GT like Jack Driscoll as well. He has been a very serviceable player.

That's kinda the point. Constantly having to have a transfer sign so we can compete on the OL is not the way a program in it's 7th year under a coach should be...and it's certainly not indicative of having depth. Imagine the last 4 years without Golson, Dunn, James, and Driscoll.  

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's kinda the point. Constantly having to have a transfer sign so we can compete on the OL is not the way a program in it's 7th year under a coach should be...and it's certainly not indicative of having depth. Imagine the last 4 years without Golson, Dunn, James, and Driscoll.  

Imagine Oklahoma without Kyler Murray.

Wisconsin without Russell Wilson.

West Virginia without Will Grier.

Oklahoma without Baker Mayfield.

Michigan without Shea Patterson.

Granted, I've described all QB's, but these are all pretty good programs that have gotten their best player for a year or two through a transfer. It's not necessarily a bad thing to bring in transfers at a position of immediate need.

Archived