Men vs. Missouri game thread

WarTiger

As far as DP is concerned I was really worried when he first came into the game. If I remember correctly he committed a foul within about a minute of coming into the game and then missed that easy layup. After that, though, I saw a difference in him as the game went on. Saw the confidence return, saw him hustling a lot more, and while he's still not where he was in his freshman year, I believe he'll get there before the year is over and before we get into tourney play. I do wish he would drive to the basket a lot more rather than throw up the 3. Pretty sure Cole said that Purifoy seemed to fall in love with the 3 and that wasn't a good thing for him.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Auburn Family vibe we like to hang our hat on is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it is awesome and there is nothing like it. That feeling you get when you go back to campus is second to none. But a curse because it invites a family like atmosphere to our sporting events. And families just do not make as much noise as the rowdy atmospheres of other places. It has even affected football as well. Recently the only games that sound like vintage Jordan Hare were the Auburn and Georgia games at the end of the 2017 season. We are the "nice" program. The Aw shucks program. A lot of our fans do not seem to have a killer instinct. A lot of it has to do with what you laid out above. They are so married in both sports but especially football to that craving of being the underdog. I HAAAAAAAAAATE it. Huge huge pet peeve of mine! lol.

It's just my opinion but Auburn would be RIGHT outside that circle of NFL pipeline NCAA programs (Im gonna avoid using the word that typically describes them, but Im sure you know it), if the fanbase had the edge to push them to constantly succeed like Bammers. Bit too easy to sate the hunger of many Auburn fans, although I think we're slowly breaking that down with the fans from my generation

I mean you guys can keep going on the rumors and all of that, the important thing is he said he gained weight because the plan was for him to play 4 and he's now been told to drop weight and get ready to play the 3 and he has done this and he's continuing to do so. Just because Pearl didn't include to the people that ran with him being bigger his plans doesn't mean those rumors are true. Now of course you can choose to believe him or not. Now that it explains his weight gain and some people now look funny I imagine he's not credible again 😂

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean you guys can keep going on the rumors and all of that, the important thing is he said he gained weight because the plan was for him to play 4 and he's now been told to drop weight and get ready to play the 3 and he has done this and he's continuing to do so. Just because Pearl didn't include to the people that ran with him being bigger his plans doesn't mean those rumors are true. Now of course you can choose to believe him or not. Now that it explains his weight gain and some people now look funny I imagine he's not credible again 😂

Pearl didn't tell Purifoy to get fat and slow and look lost on a basketball court. Hell i was surprised he could still get up enough to dunk a basketball against Mizzou. He looked like he had cement shoes on up until the end of this game. But your commitment to defending and justifying Purifoy's so far terrible season is admiral. It really is.

But hey he looked like a halfway decent basketball player for the first time in what 3 years?? So maybe your boy is coming around.  

31 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Pearl didn't tell Purifoy to get fat and slow and look lost on a basketball court. Hell i was surprised he could still get up enough to dunk a basketball against Mizzou. He looked like he had cement shoes on up until the end of this game. But your commitment to defending and justifying Purifoy's so far terrible season is admiral. It really is.

But hey he looked like a halfway decent basketball player for the first time in what 3 years?? So maybe your boy is coming around.  

😂 well actually he did tell him to gain weight and when you're carrying a bunch of weight that really isn't natural you would get slower. But I don't blame you not being able to really assess his physical ability as we play up tempo and there are usually 3-4 guards and a big man on the floor. 

Being lost......you can't practice with the team there's an entirely new offense and you expect him to come out after two years and just know it, in the middle of the season.....I know it wouldn't be a problem to you but most would expect a guy to be unsure of what exactly to do as to you're playing a different position as well!  It would make even the most disciplined players make mistakes as far as reacting and doing things your instincts tell you to do the last time you played organized ball. Only people with unrealistic expectations don't understand this....you're the one that said I was a Brown hater right? You like who you like and you're going to go after who you don't

DP last dunk really tells you the story as far as what's really going on.....but you can tell your what you think is going on 💡

I don't have any boys on this team I just tell you what is happening. If you don't want to listen don't.....all I know I've been pretty accurate the entire time while receiving stuff like this. Don't believe it I don't care. Just don't call me names when I say I told you so

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

😂 well actually he did tell him to gain weight and when you're carrying a bunch of weight that really isn't natural you would get slower. But I don't blame you not being able to really assess his physical ability as we play up tempo and there are usually 3-4 guards and a big man on the floor. 

Being lost......you can't practice with the team there's an entirely new offense and you expect him to come out after two years and just know it, in the middle of the season.....I know it wouldn't be a problem to you but most would expect a guy to be unsure of what exactly to do as to you're playing a different position as well!  It would make even the most disciplined players make mistakes as far as reacting and doing things your instincts tell you to do the last time you played organized ball. Only people with unrealistic expectations don't understand this....you're the one that said I was a Brown hater right? You like who you like and you're going to go after who you don't

DP last dunk really tells you the story as far as what's really going on.....but you can tell your what you think is going on 💡

I don't have any boys on this team I just tell you what is happening. If you don't want to listen don't.....all I know I've been pretty accurate the entire time while receiving stuff like this. Don't believe it I don't care. Just don't call me names when I say I told you so

You think you have some great insight on basketball by pointing out the obvious to everyone. You weren't the only on here saying Okeke was our most important player this season. That he is the most likely to be an NBA player. That he needs to be more assertive this season. Everyone here knew going into the season that Brown is a streaky player, he has trouble handling the ball, he isn't good at driving the lane. Most on here were saying be patient with Purifoy cause he hasn't played in 2.5 years. We all know Harper is a liability on defense due to his size. We all knew that it was going to be tough to replace Heron's consistency. 

I'm usually pretty good about laughing off folks quirks like you thinking you have some special insight into the sport of basketball. But damn man, every single post on here is you bragging about how BA you are. I try and ignore it i really do. But every......single.....post.......gets......really....really.....old. 

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

You think you have some great insight on basketball by pointing out the obvious to everyone. You weren't the only on here saying Okeke was our most important player this season. That he is the most likely to be an NBA player. That he needs to be more assertive this season. Everyone here knew going into the season that Brown is a streaky player, he has trouble handling the ball, he isn't good at driving the lane. Most on here were saying be patient with Purifoy cause he hasn't played in 2.5 years. We all know Harper is a liability on defense due to his size. We all knew that it was going to be tough to replace Heron's consistency. 

I'm usually pretty good about laughing off folks quirks like you thinking you have some special insight into the sport of basketball. But damn man, every single post on here is you bragging about how BA you are. I try and ignore it i really do. But every......single.....post.......gets......really....really.....old. 

LMAO you wrote me I write you back for you to start all this.....ok everybody knew but everybody argued it cool. You know this about DP but you literally quoted me to tell me you know but you're arguing against what you say you know.....🤔 Everybody knew about the defensive liabilities but everybody arguing we were good on defense....everybody knew Herron was going to be tough to replace but it's a5 page thread saying how he won't be missed.....ok. Like I said believe what you want I'm notarguing with cats that don't know what they are talking about anymore, I swear. I'm going to post what I think believe it or not

I try to ignore your stuff but you do something like this to start something up. I don't have any insight about basketball. I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been lucky and saying things you all know. There now you and anybody else don't have to be insecure if I don't agree with you. 

The Oracle, guru, and other stuff is out.....on the football board cats over there that know their stuff and aren't half as accurate don't go through this tho......

Write what you want but you're going to get this told you so.....because of posts like this.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

LMAO you wrote me I write you back for you to start all this.....ok everybody knew but everybody argued it cool. You know this about DP but you literally quoted me to tell me you know but you're arguing against what you say you know.....🤔 Everybody knew about the defensive liabilities but everybody arguing we were good on defense....everybody knew Herron was going to be tough to replace but it's a5 page thread saying how he won't be missed.....ok. Like I said believe what you want I'm notarguing with cats that don't know what they are talking about anymore, I swear. I'm going to post what I think believe it or not

I try to ignore your stuff but you do something like this to start something up. I don't have any insight about basketball. I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been lucky and saying things you all know. There now you and anybody else don't have to be insecure if I don't agree with you. 

The Oracle, guru, and other stuff is out.....on the football board cats over there that know their stuff and aren't half as accurate don't go through this tho......

Write what you want but you're going to get this told you so.....because of posts like this.

Every....single.....post

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

Every....single.....post

Ok. I figured that's what you got. Just block me and don't worry about it. And you're welcome for your new friends you'll get. You can be part of 64 and Mikey's club. Best friends for gene even

Archived