Chuma starting to get it?

tigerbrotha12

This is 2 games in a row now where he's had a killer instinct about him on offense. Last night he showed up in a tremendous way on the defensive glass. I'm starting to think he might be coming into form finally. Last three games, he's averaging 14.3 PPG and 7.7 RPG. We need just a little bit more from him, but last night was certainly a step in the positive direction. 

edit: had to fix the RPG number

11 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This is 2 games in a row now where he's had a killer instinct about him on offense. Last night he showed up in a tremendous way on the defensive glass. I'm starting to think he might be coming into form finally. Last three games, he's averaging 14.3 PPG and 7.7 RPG. We need just a little bit more from him, but last night was certainly a step in the positive direction. 

edit: had to fix the RPG number

It is good to see this and I couldn't believe it this morning when I saw the stats and realized he had zero fouls last night. I only got to watch the first portion of the second half so I didn't have a sense of how the foul issue was going. Good to see no one fouled out. With Wiley being out that is huge. 

Like everyone else has said Chuma is the key for us. If he plays great with the aggressiveness down low, even when Wiley comes back, then we'll go far. Him and Wiley together in the low post will be a nightmare for teams and I hope that the's turned the corner and seen that he has to be "The Man". With Brown averaging 16 points per game, Harper averaging around 15, and Chuma raising his to 12-15 points per game as well (with the rebounds) and I believe that we can turn the season around once Wiley gets back. My hope is that everything clicks and we start peaking at the right time. 

I do not follow AU basketball to the same extent I do football, but listening to Rod last night they kept talking about the same thing - Chuma needs to be the guy. Honestly, this hardly seems to be the problem. We are night and day on the road vs at home. Also, the sky is blue. Mizzou - much like SC - is someone we should absolutely beat at home and you would figure could beat on the road too.

Purifoy seems to look better and better each game as well.  I think we will be just fine once the SEC tourney starts.

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Wise words......Wise words

👊 Even Chuck mentioned it during his interview last night, saying he realized last night the Tigers will go as far as Chuma will take them.  Every player comes to a point in his career,  will I be good or become great? This is his time to step up.  For a moment I thought to myself, is Cole really sir Charles 😂?

35 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

👊 Even Chuck mentioned it during his interview last night, saying he realized last night the Tigers will go as far as Chuma will take them.  Every player comes to a point in his career,  will I be good or become great? This is his time to step up.  For a moment I thought to myself, is Cole really sir Charles 😂?

Took him too long lol. Some of saw this before the season started! But what's important is Pearl seeing it lol

I’ll pat myself on the back for being on the Chuma bandwagon since last year. Hope he continues to play to his considerable talent/potential 

Archived