Mizzou gets postseason ban

weathergeakal

Soooooo.......about that QB guy who just went there.....

OK OK OK - he doesnt care about the bowl game anyway.

uat is winking and smiling.......

17 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

So if a team was good enough to be in the playoffs, would this keep them out? Is this a bowl?

It is a "post season" ban.  It would keep them out of SEC Championship and beyond.

i did not realize the NCAA would still come down on schools like this. I would love to know why Mizzou and UNCs penalties were so different and if i was Mizzou i'd be hiring lawyers to ask that question. I predict this gets lightened a bit or this gets messy

EDIT: terrible terrible spelling everywhere

I would love to have Kelly B but I'd be surprised if he left. His main reason for going to Mizzou was to prove to NFL teams he can be taken seriously as a passer to be a potential starter. This doesn't change that IMO. Mizzou isn't going to be contending for a championship anyway. He still gets 12 games to showcase what he can do as a QB in the SEC. 

Count on NCAA to bring the hammer down on some insignificant program and let their favorite blue bloods skate.   

That's the problem with schools like Mizz and Ole Miss.....they seem to think that if UNC or bama can do it, why can' they?.   Apparently they forget that schools such as Mizz are there for the NCAA to use as proof that they are policing college sports and dealing with the scofflaws. 

And the worst thing about this is they slammed  the poor tutor who was probably some grad student working her way through school and trying to deal with pressure from athletic department heavies who wanted the players to graduate.   She was "carefully instructed" on what she could do and not do.....and then told that players had to pass or graduate.     IMO, she properly interpreted the message from above....and just go caught.      In some ways the school deserved what it's getting.

And I do recall that at UNC, the tutor got smeared and someone even caused her to lose a job at another school ....all because she reported what was going on.  

Nothing the NCAA does makes sense to me. They're so erratic and inconsistent with sanctions I'm starting to wonder; heck is someone paying them off!

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

i did not realize the NCAA would still come down on schools like this. I would love to know why Mizzou and UNCs penalties were so different and if i was Mizzou i'd be hiring lawyers to ask that question. I predict this gets lightened a bit or this gets messy

EDIT: terrible terrible spelling everywhere

One of the key features for UNC was that those "classes" were also offered and used by non-athletes. Thus no special treatment for athletes. All it does it make their academics look like a joke with the fake classes.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'd still take Kelly in a second, I know people were just getting acclimated to the idea of starting freshmen, but hey

And he would still take Mizzou in a second. The draw of Mizzou is that GUS is not there. Like someone said on another board. SO what? He misses out on the Liberty Bowl? Big deal! lol

• WarTiger changed the title to Mizzou gets postseason ban

I’m so confused as to why Missouri got jobbed like they did. Missouri literally helped the NCAA hammer them. Over one tutor?

16 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

One of the key features for UNC was that those "classes" were also offered and used by non-athletes. Thus no special treatment for athletes. All it does it make their academics look like a joke with the fake classes.

My son was at UNC when that was going on ....took one of those courses he admitted.....athletes came to day 1 and never showed up again until the last day with their final exams complete.      "no special treatment"  Ha......even the tutor told NCAA what was going on....and she got fired but nothing happened to the school. 

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And he would still take Mizzou in a second. The draw of Mizzou is that GUS is not there. Like someone said on another board. SO what? He misses out on the Liberty Bowl? Big deal! lol

Exactly. It's Mizzou. They exist for 2 reasons: to make it easier for uga and Florida to get to Atlanta, and to make their QBs look pretty good. This changes nothing for Bryant. 

18 hours ago, AU64 said:

And the worst thing about this is they slammed  the poor tutor....

Did they?  Unless her name is disclosed in the "disassociation report" which I did not read.  The NCAA report says they withheld her name due to threats she made to leak information about the case which makes me wonder if they didn't just sacrifice her at the altar without naming her so as to keep it at a level that seems fairly benign.  The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test.

A 10-year show-cause order for the former tutor. During that period, any NCAA member school employing the tutor must restrict her from any athletically related duties.

The did everything but paint the red A on her forehead...or put her on the cross.....looks like she was the sacrificial lamb. 

Meanwhile uat is pissing on every rule book ever made. I really hope one day we get a 30 for 30 on just how corrupt the turds have been. 

"What if I told you a dynasty was bought with the help of the NCAA?"

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Meanwhile uat is pissing on every rule book ever made. I really hope one day we get a 30 for 30 on just how corrupt the turds have been. 

"What if I told you a dynasty was bought with the help of the NCAA?"

It'd bring better ratings than any of their championship games. Hell I would call out of work and throw a watch party

Archived