Mizzou gets postseason ban

weathergeakal

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

My son was at UNC when that was going on ....took one of those courses he admitted.....athletes came to day 1 and never showed up again until the last day with their final exams complete.      "no special treatment"  Ha......even the tutor told NCAA what was going on....and she got fired but nothing happened to the school. 

In a ruling that caused head-scratching everywhere except Chapel Hill, the N.C.A.A. announced on Friday that it could not punish the university or its athletics program because the “paper” classes were not available exclusively to athletes.

And your son could of done the same thing and as you said was allowed to take the course also. Thus no special treatment regarding the classes. They didn't have test though from what I understand, they were all paper classes.

The scheme involved nearly 200 laxly administered and graded classes — frequently requiring no attendance and just one paper

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/sports/unc-north-carolina-ncaa.html

Also don't forget we had our own little run in with easy classes via independent study that was offered to regular students also:

The university cited instances in which similar misconduct was alleged at Auburn and Michigan, and the N.C.A.A. did not act.

And for the tutor are you talking about the one that was steering athletes towards agents? Like Chuck Person's was?

12 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

And your son could of done the same thing and as you said was allowed to take the course also. Thus no special treatment regarding the classes. They didn't have test though from what I understand, they were all paper classes.

Nope...much to his surprise the Caucasian kids had to read the books, attend the classes and take the tests....

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Nope...much to his surprise the Caucasian kids had to read the books, attend the classes and take the tests....

Not trying to be a jerk but sounds like different class and different issue. Cause that is not an athlete issue, as there are many white athletes at UNC.

Not doubting your what your saying either.

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

Not trying to be a jerk but sounds like different class and different issue. Cause that is not an athlete issue, as there are many white athletes at UNC.

Not doubting your what your saying either.

This was a black history course...…..so yep not a racial thing....except in this class perhaps...

BUT  the issue I have at UNCH is that the administration mostly buried the issue and the culprits but nothing serious happened to the athletic program. 

What I get from all this is don't admit to any wrong doing. Let the NCAA find the proof. The saying that honesty is the best policy doesn't apply here. It gets you in trouble to admit to any wrong doing. The NCAA is an absolute joke these days. As long as Emmert is in charge they will remain a joke. JMO

WDE!!!

51 minutes ago, Slammer1 said:

What I get from all this is don't admit to any wrong doing. Let the NCAA find the proof. The saying that honesty is the best policy doesn't apply here. It gets you in trouble to admit to any wrong doing. The NCAA is an absolute joke these days. As long as Emmert is in charge they will remain a joke. JMO

WDE!!!

Bruce Pearl is way ahead of the game lol

On 2/1/2019 at 12:39 PM, CAReeves2010 said:

It'd bring better ratings than any of their championship games. Hell I would call out of work and throw a watch party

Can I please be invited?

On 2/2/2019 at 7:44 AM, Slammer1 said:

WDE!!!

That worked for Pete Carroll for 5 years. He just pretty much ignored them and did business as usual.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, aujeff11 said:

Bruce Pearl is way ahead of the game lol

When the FBI told him not to discuss the Chuck Person issue that probably helped him and AU..

I think schools are gonna learn that turning yourself in and hoping for mercy if you "self impose".....ain't gonna help much. 

• 4 weeks later...

See the Mizz HC is really upset that other SEC teams are recruiting his seniors...he mentioned UT but could it be that AU is in there too?   

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 5:41 PM, Tigerbelle said:

That worked for Pete Carroll for 5 years. He just pretty much ignored them and did business as usual.

It’s worked for the turds for decades!!

Archived