Most important game of the season?

gr82b4au

This game is really important imo. Alabama has played with every team this year. Their size will cause problems. No Wiley so that means we have to hit 3s and hopefully Okeke can have about 15 pts as well. Mac needs to stay out of foul trouble. 

But it really come down to us playing defense and hitting 3s. 

8 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I see Auburn is a 9 point favorite. Which is encouraging on the one hand but has me thinking the smart guys have not watched Auburn play this year.

Home game really makes a difference.

Just curious....what do we do with Petty?   don't think that either of our guards will be able to defend him ….so just let him have his shots and defend the rest....or put someone one him that is more his size ?     He runs hot and cold....if hot, he can be a problem. 

Kira will be the mismatch that will possibly hurt us, he's very fast and he attacks the rim more than shoot jump shots. It will be an interesting match up as they are theoretically a small team as they play 4 guards basically and a big with ball skills, difference is their guards are big and strong. We should be able to neutralize hall. Hall plays with a bunch of energy but as far as physical match up him and a Mac should be about even. Hall is a great offensive rebounder though and we give up offensive rebounds so that may suck. They won't be anything to us though when we have Wiley. 

Petty comes off the bench but yeah he's shooting over our backcourt. They'll start out with Jones over petty for his length on defense, I imagine Mack will be looking to exploit whoever is guarding him. We pretty much need chumma to win his match up of whoever guarding him to keep things honest. If he don't win his match up they'll win all the other ones. They are super long so if we don't move them with passes and do the one pass shot stuff we'll lose to being dumb. If we control the pace we'll win

if we come out from the start beating the pants off of them then they will be so busy covering their behinds with their hands it effects their game and we win easily.i am hoping dp continues to pick up his game and starts doing some serious balling tonight. anytime we beat the turds i say a little short and simple prayer."thank you jesus".  LOL WAR EAGLE!

I sure hope we beat them tonight.  One more opportunity for  Purifoy to claim a permanent spot in the rotation.

3 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I sure hope we beat them tonight.  One more opportunity for  Purifoy to claim a permanent spot in the rotation.

Purifoy is starting to get his form. 

i see my plan worked to perfection!  we brought the pain and showered in their tears. and yes i smoked a victory fatty`and the night was glorious indeed!

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

They are super long so if we don't move them with passes and do the one pass shot stuff we'll lose to being dumb. If we control the pace we'll win

tenor.gif

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

if we come out from the start beating the pants off of them then they will be so busy covering their behinds with their hands it effects their game and we win easily.i am hoping dp continues to pick up his game and starts doing some serious balling tonight. anytime we beat the turds i say a little short and simple prayer."thank you jesus".  LOL WAR EAGLE!

Great calls

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

The Oracle aka the guru with no insight strikes again!

I'll give you some more talking points later. 😁

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I'll give you some more talking points later. 😁

I think I'm just going to hack your account and tabulate likes then surprise everybody and say it was me! That should raise some blood pressures!  😂

as soon as we get the big man back, I think this team can start reeling of wins and get into the form that made us so difficult to beat last season. 2 wins in a row gives these guys confidence no doubt and makes getting Wiley back all the sweeter.

On 2/3/2019 at 1:26 PM, doc4aday said:

as soon as we get the big man back, I think this team can start reeling of wins and get into the form that made us so difficult to beat last season. 2 wins in a row gives these guys confidence no doubt and makes getting Wiley back all the sweeter.

I don't suppose anyone has indicated when Wiley might return, if at all?

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't suppose anyone has indicated when Wiley might return, if at all?

I think he is coming back for the Florida game.

Usually the most important game is the next one you play.....but LSU this week could be huge for our standings.  They beat Miss State at starkvegas and are right up there with UK and UT in the conference.    This would be the chance for AU to take a big scalp if we could beat them in baton rouge.

Archived