2019 Women’s Equestrian

AlaskanFAN

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! They did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(How'd I do, Gwill???)

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! They did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(How'd I do, Gwill???)

rudy.gif

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

My favorite tweet was this...

Screenshot_20190420-152251~2.png

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

War Eagle!!!! Way to bring it home in the clutch!  Love that we just completed the first undefeated season in the sport and against a gauntlet of top teams all year!

Two days later and still no mention of our NC by the Birmingham News/AL.com. 

If the Bammers won one in gymnastics, it would be the headlines.

• 2 months later...

I'm a HUGE fan of Auburn's equestrian team and was absolutely jazzed about their recent championship -- and of course the continued success of the lady Tigers over the past years. These sportswomen continue to make us proud of Auburn athletics. They are awesome!

But ya know what? I was surprised to discover that there is another SEC equestrian team that has actually out-performed Auburn in terms of championships. Auburn has 5. But there is a rival that has 6. AAAARRRRGH! It's the dreaded UGA female dogs (you know the word).

This is a goal for our lady Tigers. Time to knock those female dogs off their pedestal and mount the SEC high horse!

11 hours ago, AURex said:

It's the dreaded UGA female dogs (you know the word).

My cousin's daughter got a full scholarship to ride for UGA and she has some rings to show for it. She's older now, 30-something. I think UGA put emphasis on Equestrian long before most schools did. I asked my cousin, an AU grad, why his daughter didn't go to Auburn and he said AU didn't offer equestrian scholarships at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Click on link to see better pics of truck. Thanks to Alfa!

https://auburntigers.com/news/2019/7/15/-an-amazing-asset-alfa-gives-truck-to-auburn-equestrian.aspx

Equestrian  By Jeff Shearer

'An amazing asset': Alfa gives truck to Auburn equestrian

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

AUBURN, Ala. – Auburn equestrian's new truck has a bed big enough to carry all six of the Tigers' national championship trophies.

The Alabama Farmers Federation and Alfa companies Monday presented Auburn equestrian coach Greg Williams the keys to a 2019 Duramax Diesel Chevrolet Silverado 2500 to celebrate the Tigers' 2019 national championship and unprecedented unbeaten season.

"This truck is an amazing asset for us," Williams said. "This is going to be a very nice vehicle to use when accepting donated horses or for safely transporting horses to the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine. Plus, we can use it to pick up feed and move laundry for the horses from the equipment room to the barn. It looks so nice, as well. It's like a marketing piece for our sport. I couldn't be happier."

Alfa Insurance president Jimmy Parnell presents keys to Auburn equestrian coach Greg Williams

The 2019 team included 15 seniors who completed their careers with a 61-10 record, two Southeastern Conference championships and a trio of national championships in 2016, 2018 and 2019.

"Under Coach Williams' leadership, Auburn's equestrian program truly demonstrates a championship culture, resulting in consistent excellence in competition, the classroom and the community," Auburn Director of Athletics Allen Greene said. "We deeply appreciate the Alabama Farmers Federation and Alfa for their extraordinary generosity."

Alabama Farmers Federation and Alfa Insurance President Jimmy Parnell said he's proud of Auburn equestrian's continued national success in agriculture-related athletics.

"It's inspiring to see how committed these young women are to this sport, and it's a pleasure to support the team with this truck donation," said Parnell, who earned his degree in agricultural business and economics from Auburn. "They've definitely gotten a lot of people excited, and that's a good thing for the entire agricultural community in the state."

Alfa Equestrian Truck

According to a recent study from Auburn, the equine industry adds more than $2 billion into Alabama's economy and provides about 24,000 jobs.

Former Auburn equestrian student-athletes Lauren Diaz and Ashton Alexander participated in Monday's event with Diaz, Auburn's career wins leader in horsemanship, taking a horse named Reggie for a ride around the arena.

"To see Coach Williams and the rest of the staff and team receive such an amazing contribution is very exciting," said Diaz. "To be able to look back on the past four years and understand the work that went on behind the scenes, it's a great feeling. I'm so proud of the girls and the program as a whole; I can't wait to see what is in store for them in the future."

In 2020, Auburn will be seeking its third straight national championship. The Tigers will do so in style, thanks to their new ride.

"This truck is going to play a very vital mission for us," Williams said. "One of the things that gives me the most pride is to have the school I love and the sport I love known all over the country because of equestrian. This gift is going to help us with that mission."

Jeff Shearer is a Senior Writer at AuburnTigers.com. Follow him on Twitter: @jeff_shearer

Alfa Insurance president Jimmy Parnell presents keys to Auburn equestrian coach Greg Williams. Photo: Wade Rackley/Auburn Athletics
Alfa Insurance president Jimmy Parnell presents keys to Auburn equestrian coach Greg Williams. Photo: Wade Rackley/Auburn Athletics 

Archived