2020 4* TE Jeremiah Pegues Commits to AU!

ellitor

Picked up AU offer on 2/2/19 while visiting for JR Day
Plans to return March 2nd
AU is recruiting him as a TE

36 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I really don't understand why we keep going after TEs.

We go after guys how play TE in HS...which does not limit what they can do when they grow up. 

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

I really don't understand why we keep going after TEs.

Because if we can get one that can do more than just block we may actually throw to him. The last TE that could catch well & spent his alloted full time at AU was CJU.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Because if we can get one that can do more than just block we may actually throw to him. The last TE that could catch well & spent his alloted full time at AU was CJU.

...with 29 rec for 435 yds in 4 years.

I do think we will use them more if we ever get some on campus with similar skill sets as CJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

...with 29 rec for 435 yds in 4 years.

I do think we will use them more if we ever get some on campus with similar skill sets as CJ.

Yep. He was under used but my point was that he was used some.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Do you guys have a club

I'm not one of the negative posters about any position group on here.  I was asking an honest question, but thanks for being a jerk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I'm not one of the negative posters about any position group on here.  I was asking an honest question, but thanks for being a jerk.

Wasn’t saying you were being negative. When we put offers out to TE’s there’s always one post typically at the start of a thread that beats the same dead horse and you got to be that one post today! 

• Like 3

If AU had any kind passing game concept, you would see a steady set of receptions per position on a consistent basis.    For example: the number one receiver would be getting approximately 80 catches, #2 about 40, a TE about 40, RB’s about 40 and the rest to other receivers.    CGM does not have a concept or game plan that dictates that he will utilize all of these in a game plan.   Just my thoughts 

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

If AU had any kind passing game concept, you would see a steady set of receptions per position on a consistent basis.    For example: the number one receiver would be getting approximately 80 catches, #2 about 40, a TE about 40, RB’s about 40 and the rest to other receivers.    CGM does not have a concept or game plan that dictates that he will utilize all of these in a game plan.   Just my thoughts 

Not sure where your game plan comes from but looking at the Clemson stats for the season....4 receivers had between 50 and 60 receptions each and six other guys had between 10 and 20......and the TE had 5 catches.     Oklahoma ..top two guys had 75 and 65 and TE was third with 26.    

I'm thinking there is not some standard passing distribution system as you have described.    Considering how Clemson spread the passing around, it appears the TE was not a critical factor and only had one TD and Okies used him some...but not that much.

JMO but coaches have to decide how to use the tools they have and one size does not fit all. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Any word on when he plans to commit?

Plan is mid fall but likely will be sooner than that.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Plan is mid fall but likely will be sooner than that.

I would love to get a few dline commitments before too long and get the momentum going.

16 minutes ago, toddc said:

I would love to get a few dline commitments before too long and get the momentum going.

He could end up there but we are only recruiting him as a TE right now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Why does Malzahn keep recruiting / signing TE's when we don't use them like other teams play TE's.

We are going to need one in this class. 2 are graduating. Joiner has moved to RB. We'll essentially have 3 players for sometimes 2 different positions after this season. Seems likely we take a HB/TE in the class.

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Do we have a real good chance of landing the TE from Las Vegas?

No.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Shoot. Does this guy even plan to visit the Plains? he needs to come and look around before he says no.

We lead & he's been here plenty of times. I think you are confusing him with the TE from Vegas. This cat is from Mississippi.

• 1 month later...