2020 4* TE Jeremiah Pegues Commits to AU!

ellitor

51 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Lmao Ole Miss? He looks awful in crimson.

Pegues told Rivals today that AU still leads. He's leaning towards committing & signing on the same day in December.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pegues told Rivals today that AU still leads. He's leaning towards committing & signing on the same day in December.

Good to hear. I like him a lot. Holy poop I didn't realize how close we are to December.

Let's stay on him!

If he does sign with us, hopefully we can use him the same way Arkansas uses that big TE that they have

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AU82 said:

With Gilbert going to LSU, should we worry about Bama here?

We who? Maybe if we actually used that position I would be worried and would care lol but we do not so it is a whole bunch of MEHHHHHH haha.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We who? Maybe if we actually used that position I would be worried and would care lol but we do not so it is a whole bunch of MEHHHHHH haha.

For the record we have actually used that position some this year. LOL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AU82 said:

With Gilbert going to LSU, should we worry about Bama here?

Haven’t seen any new info since the Gilbert commit. Before he committed though it was thought Bama could be a threat but AU was still ahead comfortably.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

May not hurt either. Time will tell.

Hope you are right. I could see a Bammer press starting though which never makes me feel good (for the last decade or so)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For the record we have actually used that position from this year. LOL

I mean used the position should be used very very loosely!!! We have used the position for Gus Auburn standards yes!!! Haha

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean used the position should be used very very loosely!!! We have used the position for Gus Auburn standards yes!!! Haha

Well think about this. The TE and HB are considered one position now. We’ve had catches by Wilson, Shanker, & Nigh. Also there are many other teams aren’t using the position as much as people think they might be doing. UGA Is a glaring example

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well think about this. The TE and HB are considered one position now. We’ve had catches by Wilson, Shanker, & Nigh. Also there are many other teams aren’t using the position as much as people think they might be doing. UGA Is a glaring example

It still should be a lot more when it comes to 42. I think that is Wilson. That dude is talented! I enjoy watching him play! He reminds me of Gabe McKenzie. Another guy who was not used as much as his talent and athleticism dictated.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It still should be a lot more when it comes to 42. I think that is Wilson. That dude is talented! I enjoy watching him play! He reminds me of Gabe McKenzie. Another guy who was not used as much as his talent and athleticism dictated.

I keep waiting for Wilson to have a break out game. I agree, he's that dude. And I am encouraged that we've used that group, along with Canella, a little more.

Will also be interesting to track Deal's usage. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Won't be surprised if he doesn't get any touches. AU signed him to be a blocker.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Won't be surprised if he doesn't get any touches. AU signed him to be a blocker.

Was it Fromm who can catch the ball? Or is he a blocker, too? I can never keep them straight. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I keep waiting for Wilson to have a break out game. I agree, he's that dude. And I am encouraged that we've used that group, along with Canella, a little more.

werwerwer.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Was it Fromm who can catch the ball? Or is he a blocker, too? I can never keep them straight. 

Fromm is expected to be a receiving weapon yes.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Fromm is expected to be a receiving weapon yes.

Is Pegues still projected to be a Tight End? Wasn't there some chatter during the summer of him moving to another position?

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Is Pegues still projected to be a Tight End? Wasn't there some chatter during the summer of him moving to another position?

Strictly fans talk of DT. He wants to only be a TE.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

I would love to hear what these AU TE recruits have to say about our recent occasional use of Sal as a TE/WR tweener. 

Sal's been exclusively a WR since right after he got to AU FWIW.