2020 4* TE Jeremiah Pegues Commits to AU!

ellitor

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sources. Very good ones.

Interesting. Before now I had only seen general fans speculating moving him to DE or DT.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Interesting. Before now I had only seen general fans speculating moving him to DE or DT.

Kid is good. Real real real good. Could make a LOT of money playing on the DL. Lots and lots of money.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kid is good. Real real real good. Could make a LOT of money playing on the DL. Lots and lots of money.

If the staff wants him on D then I hope he's open minded to the move.

58 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pegues was never going to bama. Take that as you will. :wareagle:

That would have been nice to know last week. One of the recruiting services had Pegues listed as a DE. Maybe ESPN? In any case, he seems like the 500 pound gorilla in the room, he'll sit wherever he wants to sit.

52 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Would have been the first 300 lb. TE I'd ever seen playing meaningful snaps and not just a jumbo extra lineman at the TE slot package. Not surprised.

Yes the numbers listed on signing thread had 6’2” 298. 4 inches taller might handle that much weight at TE. But I predict a change. Either he sheds 30 or a position move. Whichever happens I hope it’s for his benefit. Which would also be our benefit too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

Yes the numbers listed on signing thread had 6’2” 298. 4 inches taller might handle that much weight at TE. But I predict a change. Either he sheds 30 or a position move. Whichever happens I hope it’s for his benefit. Which would also be our benefit too. 

I've never seen a player placed to play in so many positions...TE, HB, Wildcat, and now DE...Next we'll hear he will be a MLB...

Wonder if he could play both ways early on?

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I've never seen a player placed to play in so many positions...TE, HB, Wildcat, and now DE...Next we'll hear he will be a MLB...

You forgot center. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Wade Christopher could play all of those positions AT THE SAME TIME

• Like 4

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Guys and Gals, he isn't going to be a TE at AU. Will play on the line on the other side of the ball.

He's going to make a great DT.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure he does. 

Reminds me of another highly regarded TE named Jeremiah that we signed...Jay Ratliff. He could play all the positions along the DLine.  It appears JJ is already close to Jay’s NFL size.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Wade Christopher could play all of those positions AT THE SAME TIME

and play another game right after that with no signs of fatigue!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

They listed him as DT when listing the players that AU signed so if he didn't know he likely does now.

I don't know why I thought that we would try to do that to a kid. He'd be in the transfer portal before Labor Day. 

43 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

They listed him as DT when listing the players that AU signed so if he didn't know he likely does now.

@LKEEL75 Who's they? AU has him listed as a TE...

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@LKEEL75 Who's they? AU has him listed as a TE...

The ticker on SEC Network (or maybe ESPN).  That night I was watching some basketball and they listed each school and listed each player.  On that ticker they had him listed as DT.  I pointed it out to someone I was watching the game and neither of us could figure out why.  

If he likes money(and im assuming he does) I would listen if the AU defensive coaches came calling. Look at the track record.

29 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Do we know if he has ever played Def.?

Yes. Quite a bit. ESPN for example lists him as a defensive end.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Quite a bit. ESPN for example lists him as a defensive end.

This kid might be really good then. If he has that size and the speed that he could have played TE. That is an awesome combination.

First of all, I’m really excited to have this kid!!!  He put us(Warren Central) out of the playoffs on his way to a State Championship!  He’s a monster!!!!

Second, Gus talked about his versatility on the O side during his presser.  No indication of D at all.  I hope they have a clear and well-communicated plan for JJ.  I don’t want him to be one of those “freak athletes who just didn’t fit any one position well” guys that make us dream about what could’ve been.