Men vs. uat - game thread

RunInRed

I have to quit watching games. I turn it on we’re winning big then opponent goes on a run. Turn back on later we’re up big again. This repeated twice during this game. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, alexava said:

I have to quit watching games. I turn it on we’re winning big then opponent goes on a run. Turn back on later we’re up big again. This repeated twice during this game. 

I see we have found the problem with the inconsistency and roller coaster ride from hell with all our major sports. It depends on if you watch the game or not! lol. 2013 you must of been out of pocket for most of the season. Thanks A LOT for watching the fsu and LSU games..... SMH

We may be futile at it and struggle to blow out bama in football BUT MY GOSH WE DO IT WITH FREQUENCY IN BASKETBALL!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! WAR DAMN BABY!!! LETS FREAKING OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I see we have found the problem with the inconsistency and roller coaster ride from hell with all our major sports. It depends on if you watch the game or not! lol. 2013 you must of been out of pocket for most of the season. Thanks A LOT for watching the fsu and LSU games..... SMH

Georgia too...until the final :30 ;)

25 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Georgia too...until the final :30 ;)

I was there actually. I don’t miss a play of football games, usually 

45 minutes ago, alexava said:

I tuned in to the start of second half during my break at work and saw us playing sloppily and bama trying to mount a comeback. 

Had to set my phone down and walk away. 

When we aren’t clicking, it’s hard for us to win games- however when we are on, we are dern near unbeatable. 

Just gotta learn how to play on the road and without momentum. We may get to see this team do just that this season. I’m looking forward to Baton Rouge and Lexington trips as I’d like to see us have some success on the road. Arky beat LSU in BR tonight so it can be done 

Side Show Bob has spoken! lol

7 hours ago, alexava said:

Oh yes.  I know that feeling.

I thought Brown played a very good game, especially in the first half. He was moving without the ball and finding spots as opposed to standing still and clapping for the ball. He even took his man off the dribble a couple of times. 

Disappointed chumma went back to playing second fiddle. We are what we are now, only way we become better is a change of roles with players. If he didn't have at least 10 fga every game I'd make him run. He's everything and even more of what I imagined he could be on defense. He's the best defender on this team and it's not close, if anybody wanted to talk about best in the country he's who you should bring to the table, that's why he's projected as a first round pick

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I tuned in to the start of second half during my break at work and saw us playing sloppily and bama trying to mount a comeback. 

Had to set my phone down and walk away. 

Basketball is a game of ebb and flow...just can't get too up or down over one play or even over a few minutes of play....especially with this team which can score 10 points in about a minute....and give them up at the same rate. 

Don't take your eyes off the game or you may miss something spectacular...and unless it is the last 30 seconds .....don't let one bad play get you upset. 😄JMO 

58 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I thought Brown played a very good game, especially in the first half. He was moving without the ball and finding spots as opposed to standing still and clapping for the ball. He even took his man off the dribble a couple of times. 

Disappointed chumma went back to playing second fiddle. We are what we are now, only way we become better is a change of roles with players. If he didn't have at least 10 fga every game I'd make him run. He's everything and even more of what I imagined he could be on defense. He's the best defender on this team and it's not close, if anybody wanted to talk about best in the country he's who you should bring to the table, that's why he's projected as a first round pick

It might be that when Brown and Harper are on like last night, we feed them and Chuma doesn’t need to be as involved necessarily. I thought he created on the drive a bit last night and used some post up moves to score a few times. Granted it wasn’t a lot, but when Harper and Brown are firing on all cylinders, get them the ball. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Was thinking same thing about Brown. Was much more aggressive this game, setting the tone early by taking his man off the dribble. Later, he started popping threes, but it was when the game flow called for it with Auburn on huge runs and off of fast breaks. He even had that sick dunk off the oop from Harper. I wonder why the change....home game? Scouting report on his man? Just taking what his guy gave him? Or, just wild hare up his ass?

Defense kept bama off stride all night...none of their scorers were able get in the groove with a hot streak.

This team needs to stay aggressive like they did last night. Moving without the ball, taking the ball to the rack, diving for loose balls. We need to do it on neutral sites and the road. I know we have it in us...I saw us play this style vs duke and stay competitive. 

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It might be that when Brown and Harper are on like last night, we feed them and Chuma doesn’t need to be as involved necessarily. I thought he created on the drive a bit last night and used some post up moves to score a few times. Granted it wasn’t a lot, but when Harper and Brown are firing on all cylinders, get them the ball. 

I normally would agree with this 100% but if it was to be incorporated and I don't think it really will take to be honest we have few games and little time to waste. I would at least run sets that had chumma setting Harper and Brown up so he'll pretty much be forced to stay involved. But at the same time we've dropped games that we shouldn't have so doing anything different probably isn't too smart right now either.

I'm just thinking of the future, one thing I do know is you don't want to hitch the wagon on jump shooting, especially not during tournament time. Tourney time you want to dictate pace and shoot free throws. And I could be completely wrong but right now the way we play isn't suited for tournament ball. But who knows, we'll find out in a month or two

Well that was fun! By far our best game of the season. And excellent time to have it while playing bama!!! Played great defense and shot lights out on offense. Just do that every game and i think we’ll be good 😁

3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I agree with both you and Cole. I do want us to feed the ball to Chuma more but when somebody or in this case two somebodies are hot you give them the ball. Throughout the season we should have been giving Chuma the ball more but last night we did what was needed. 

I like how aggressive we were on D without reaching to much, quick weak side help, and I also like how we mixed attacking the rim with ball movement for good looks on our threes.  I also loved the way we crashed the boards often one person would crash the board get a hand on it and another Auburn player would get the rebound.This is the Auburn team I want to see for the rest of the year.

• WarTiger changed the title to Men vs. uat - game thread
On 2/2/2019 at 11:11 PM, alexava said:

I used to feel that way sometimes.  The cure is to watch/listen to the entire game, or not at all. ;)

• WarTiger changed the title to Men vs. uat - game thread

Archived