2020 3* DT Daniel Foster-Allen Commits to AU!!!

The Plainsman

2020 DE commits to Auburn

By Keith Niebuhr

Daniel Foster-Allen
Daniel Foster-Allen and Gus Malzahn.

One of the top juniors in Alabama has committed to the Tigers.

Auburn Undercover can confirm 2020 defensive end Daniel Foster-Allen of Mobile (Ala.) St. Paul's Episcopal has given his pledge to Gus Malzahn and Co. He visited the Tigers for a junior day Saturday.

“I just knew what I wanted to do because I grew up an Auburn fan,” Foster-Allen said. “When I went up there I just felt like I was at home. The coaches had great hospitality. It felt like I already had that great bond with somebody you had met two or three years ago. I thought about it (on Saturday night), but I went to sleep on it. When I woke up I was like ‘yeah, that’s what I want to do’.”

The 6-feet-4, 250-pound Foster-Allen is the No. 24 prospect in the state for the 247Sports rankings.

Foster-Allen is rated as a strong-side end, but very well might grow into a tackle with his frame. He is 2020 commitment No. 4 for Auburn.

Just last week, 2020 defensive end Quandarrius Robinson of Birmingham (Ala.) Jackson-Olin de-committed from Auburn. Robinson, like Foster-Allen, visited the Tigers on Saturday.

Of Auburn's four 2020 commits, two are defensive linemen.

Before Foster-Allen's commitment, Auburn had the No. 19 class in the country for 2020.

Another commitment could be coming in the near future. After visiting Saturday, linebacker Rodney Groce of Pleasant Grove (Ala.) said Auburn was way out in front and he could be on the verge of making a pledge to the Tigers.

Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele is Foster-Allen's primary recruiter. Auburn offered him Dec. 11.

Edited by ellitor
Added Article
  • Thanks 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 3* DE Daniel Foster-Allen Commits to AU!!!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
  • ellitor changed the title to 2020 3* DE/DT Daniel Foster-Allen Commits to AU!!!

Looks like he has good first move, quickness and awareness just needs to work on staying low with his pad level. Think he’s gonna go up in the rankings if he has a good senior year. War Eagle!! 🦅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

WDE! Isn’t there a big OL from St. Paul’s in the 2020 class we’re looking at? 

There's 3* Brady Ward. We haven't offered  though. He has notable offer from LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon plus 11 other power 5 conference offers.

• Like 1

I agree with this young man being a DT down the road; looks like a nice get indeed. I hope we can get off of the couch sooner than later and get some quality OL commits in this class. How many OLs are we looking to sign in this class?

Thanks & WDE!

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

There's 3* Brady Ward. We haven't offered  though. He has notable offer from LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon plus 11 other power 5 conference offers.

The super bowl was more of a super bore. I did not watch it, but saw the highlights on the sports show on the Asheville TV station. Drew could have won that game for us!  I know, gotta let it go but it is so hard to do.

15 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

How many OLs are we looking to sign in this class?

Answered for you a day or so ago. Best way too early guess is 5-6.

13 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

The super bowl was more of a super bore. I did not watch it, but saw the highlights on the sports show on the Asheville TV station. Drew could have won that game for us!  I know, gotta let it go but it is so hard to do.

With due respect I literally care nothing about the game Doc. We have a NonAU Sports forum for topics like that.

• Sad 1

In the BIO it says he is 6"4" in the Picture standing next to Gus he looks like he is more than an inch taller than Gus who is 6'3" as I remember. If I am right he is closer to 6'5".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 1:13 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

In the BIO it says he is 6"4" in the Picture standing next to Gus he looks like he is more than an inch taller than Gus who is 6'3" as I remember. If I am right he is closer to 6'5".

Clearly he was wearing platform shoes...:tease:

• Haha 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2020 3* DT Daniel Foster-Allen Commits to AU!!!

He is only a 3* but it looks like Garner is a good judge of talent. I think he will develop into a really good DT down the road.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He is only a 3* but it looks like Garner is a good judge of talent. I think he will develop into a really good DT down the road.

Zero concerns about us taking a 3* on DL. (Or anywhere on defense, or at RB these days.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...