Women beat UGA in OT 59-58

tigeraddikt

AU was down 45-32 halfway through the 4th quarter. It was an ugly game, even by women's standards. But they ratcheted up the pressure and finished regulation on a 17-4 run to send it to OT. Hit their free throws in OT to secure the win. Very competitive, but not compelling, game. Georgia must've lost 30 possessions on turnovers.

Stole that game in the last few minutes......clutch foul shooting by Primm...made last four to tie the game or put us in the lead.   That would have been a bad loss....and if I heard correctly, that was AU's first conference home win.....who would ever think that? 

• WarTiger changed the title to Women beat UGA in OT 59-58
10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Stole that game in the last few minutes......clutch foul shooting by Primm...made last four to tie the game or put us in the lead.   That would have been a bad loss....and if I heard correctly, that was AU's first conference home win.....who would ever think that? 

I went to the MSU game, they played hard but they’re a heavy slashing team and MSU stuffed the paint from everyone. I’d say they’re just a few GREAT recruits from being as good in conference as they were out of it

1-4 vs the SEC at home is a puzzler. Half way through the 4th quarter yesterday I wouldn't have given a tinker's damn for our chances of winning. Sure would be nice if we had just one shooter on the floor.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

1-4 vs the SEC at home is a puzzler. Half way through the 4th quarter yesterday I wouldn't have given a tinker's damn for our chances of winning. Sure would be nice if we had just one shooter on the floor.

yeah. They are playing w/ fire, getting behind so late like that. They are not going to be able to come back against the upper level SEC teams, that is for sure.

They did the same thing at Vandy. If our ladies can't drive to the basket, we struggle scoring.

Archived