Losing streak vs. Florida

GwillMac6

We have not beaten them since the 2009 SEC Tourney. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE OWE THEM A SIGNIFICANT PAYBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS BEAT THE ISH OUT OF THEM TONIGHT!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Heard a stat today.  We have lost 11 straight to them and 21 of last 22.

THE ONLY 2 times I can remember us beating them is the 2009 Sec Tourney and the 2000 Sec Tourney. So those stats def add up!!! Who knows how many regular season games they have beaten us in a row. SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know we have been awful at basketball for some time but that is embarrassing no matter who the opponent is!!! Kentucky has not even owned us that bad. I WANT THIS ONE REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD tonight 75!!!!!!!!!

Well they can't score 70 and we are favored by 8 tonight, so I think you should get your wish. 

17 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Well they can't score 70 and we are favored by 8 tonight, so I think you should get your wish. 

Depends on if they are able to shut our offense down. So far no one has been able to while we are at home but UF is the best team in SEC at defending the 3. But yeah if we score 70+ we win imo

I would like to wash that bad taste out of my mouth tonight with a sound win.  We need to continue the momentum and confidence heading to Baton Rouge.   LSU presents a great challenge also.

46 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Depends on if they are able to shut our offense down. So far no one has been able to while we are at home but UF is the best team in SEC at defending the 3. But yeah if we score 70+ we win imo

they are allowing opponents to shoot 31.5% which is good for 59th in the country, within .5 percent of four other SEC teams. We put more shooters on the floor than most teams and shoot from 4 positions. If they extend to defend the three, we should be able to spread them out like we did Bama.

3 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

they are allowing opponents to shoot 31.5% which is good for 59th in the country, within .5 percent of four other SEC teams. We put more shooters on the floor than most teams and shoot from 4 positions. If they extend to defend the three, we should be able to spread them out like we did Bama.

If we can shut down their 3 point shooting, we win.  They are weak at the rim.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We have not beaten them since the 2009 SEC Tourney. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE OWE THEM A SIGNIFICANT PAYBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS BEAT THE ISH OUT OF THEM TONIGHT!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Ends Now!

Fade-15-Ends-Now.gif

2 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

JUST TO BE SAFE and since I am extremely supersticious!!!!!!! lol

5.gif

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

This Ends Now!

Fade-15-Ends-Now.gif

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! LETS GOOOOO BROOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

• WarTiger changed the title to Losing streak vs. Florida
5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I may never see us win a regular season game in death valley but at least I got to see em win one in the reg szn against Florida

whoop

STREAK BUSTERS BABY!!!!!!! LETS GOOO!!!!!! Next on our list is winning AT that ungodly torture chamber known as Memorial Gymnasium!!!!!!!!!!! We have not won there since 2000!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! but for tonight we are partying like it is 1999!!!!!!! hahahahaha

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

STREAK BUSTERS BABY!!!!!!! LETS GOOO!!!!!! Next on our list is winning AT that ungodly torture chamber known as Memorial Gymnasium!!!!!!!!!!! We have not won there since 2000!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! but for tonight we are partying like it is 1999!!!!!!! hahahahaha

Remarkable how many streaks and trends the year 1999 set for the athletics program

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Remarkable how many streaks and trends the year 1999 set for the athletics program

Were you even born by 1999?! lol

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

5th month of it 

Dang…...you mean I"ve been retired as long as you have been alive   ?    :-\  Amazing....

17 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Heard a stat today.  We have lost 11 straight to them and 21 of last 22.

The stats don't lie, but they don't tell the entire story either. We've had some really, really crappy basketball teams and coaches over the period of their streak and they've had final four quality teams out the wazoo. That having been said, it's good that the streak is dead.

Archived