Late NSD Predictions Thread

tbone1430

About Pickens qualifying: This qualifying subject can be a mystery. I've seen players fail to qualify when all throughout the recruiting process their grades were never a concern. I've seen others that were given a "no chance" at qualifying show up on campus, qualified and ready to go. It's a thing that's about impossible to predict. That being said, questions about grades are never a good thing.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'd like a link or source for this?   have a hard time believing the OL coaching staff just sits back and makes no input..

I always go with the theory, "If something makes no sense at all, it's probably not true". This sounds more like locker room gossip from unhappy parties than any actual circumstance.

11 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Not that I think it will happen, but if Pickens flipped I will burn Athens to the ground. 

What if we just TELL you Pickens flipped?

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'd like a link or source for this?   have a hard time believing the OL coaching staff just sits back and makes no input..

Your head coach just eliminated the OC position and hired a guy who's never coached in college ball as his RB coach. He replaced Dameyune Craig with Kodi Burns. His 2nd-most experienced assistant on offenses coaches a position we barely even use. 

Is it really so hard to believe that he doesn't seek out the opinions of others? That would seem to ignore almost every single coaching decision he's made these last 6 years. 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'd like a link or source for this?

WDE has posted it a number of times & he's a real good source. It's not something that a link will show up on. As with most things. Accept it or not.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

WDE has posted it a number of times & he's a real good source. It's not something that a link will show up on. As with most things. Accept it or not.

"Accept it or not" is ok to say. I don't accept things that sound outlandish. This belongs in the outlandish column.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Your head coach just eliminated the OC position and hired a guy who's never coached in college ball as his RB coach. He replaced Dameyune Craig with Kodi Burns. His 2nd-most experienced assistant on offenses coaches a position we barely even use. 

Is it really so hard to believe that he doesn't seek out the opinions of others? That would seem to ignore almost every single coaching decision he's made these last 6 years. 

You act like that's some sort of fundamental weakness...not listening to others.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"Accept it or not" is ok to say. I don't accept things that sound outlandish. This belongs in the outlandish column.

I can tell you for a fact that there are issues. Nobody but GP and the school know where he stands academically right now but I can tell you that Hoover had to set up a special program for him so he could graduate. Why does a kid having grade issues sound outlandish?  

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

You act like that's some sort of fundamental weakness...not listening to others.

I know. It probably sounds crazy, given the long list of other coaches and professionals from whom Gus famously seeks input every offseason. 

3 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I can tell you for a fact that there are issues. Nobody but GP and the school know where he stands academically right now but I can tell you that Hoover had to set up a special program for him so he could graduate. Why does a kid having grade issues sound outlandish?  

He's not talking about Pickens.

He thinks it sounds outlandish that the head coach who filled his staff up with rookies and yes men and has gradually tightened his grip on the offense to the point of officially taking over all play calling duties might exert undue influence over OL recruiting. 

As if even JB Grimes could do as poorly as we are in this class when left to his own devices. 

2 minutes ago, bg5 said:

It doesn't. Grade issues is not what I was responding to. Please go back and look again

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It doesn't. Grade issues is not what I was responding to. Please go back and look again

Sorry about that!!!

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"Not"

.....makes no sense as regards the OL prospects.....just to note he's hired and rehired some very experienced OL coaches.   JMO but he cut loose a questionable OC and will do that work himself so we will see whether that works out for us. 

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

just to note he's hired and rehired some very experienced OL coaches

Check out Grimes's career arc:

Virginia Tech
Slocum-era TAMU
East Carolina (for 1 year)
Mississippi State
Kansas
Arkansas State (with Gus)
Auburn (with Gus)

That is a 20 year downward trend until Gus brought him to Auburn. During his 2-year break from Gus, he coached at UConn (with Rhett Lashlee) and Cincinnati (with his son).

Does that sound like a guy who is challenging Gus's opinions about football?  

38 minutes ago, bg5 said:

After Josh Chapman from Hoover flipped from AU to uat at the last second and suddenly, magically qualified, I feel like we're still owed one 🙂

I actually think that Jovon's career arc would have been ENTIRELY different if he hadn't been screwed over and had to go JUCO.

(Fun note: the NCAA ruled that Chapman's grade change by an ex-uat cheerleader who was taking calls from uat coaches did not impact his illegibility, b/c he didn't do it himself, but that same NCAA ruled that Jovon's grade change by a guidance counselor DID impact HIS eligibility because... reasons.)

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Damn man, in the last 5 yrs I've seen enough with my own eyes in live game action with AU football that fell in the outlandish column to last me a freaking life time.

Twirly bird - the 5 headed QB monster vs Clemson - AU in a BOWL game in that dump Legion Field - Run it up the middle 17 times vs freaking Ed Orgeron - Allow Moo St.'s QB to run rough shod all over our defense - tally an embarrassing L in our own house, against a 1st yr hillbilly HC against a team that hadn't won an SEC game in 2 freaking yrs.............OUTLANDISH!:banghead:

12 minutes ago, keesler said:

Damn man, in the last 5 yrs I've seen enough with my own eyes in live game action with AU football that fell in the outlandish column to last me a freaking life time.

Twirly bird - the 5 headed QB monster vs Clemson - AU in a BOWL game in that dump Legion Field - Run it up the middle 17 times vs freaking Ed Orgeron - Allow Moo St.'s QB to run rough shod all over our defense - tally an embarrassing L in our own house, against a 1st yr hillbilly HC against a team that hadn't won an SEC game in 2 freaking yrs.............OUTLANDISH!:banghead:

Those were all the fault of the players. But also, quality depth doesn't matter. 

I'm damn near depressed following our team right now. We are literally hoping for a miracle not to suck......miracle at qb, miracle that play calling gets better, miracle that weak o line find some ******* hidden Dragon ball z potential......how the hell you let this happen? 

This may be unpopular but referring to the thread title: I'm going to predict Pickens to UGA today. Just a hunch, don't shoot the messenger.....

14 minutes ago, fredst said:

This may be unpopular but referring to the thread title: I'm going to predict Pickens to UGA today. Just a hunch, don't shoot the messenger.....

Image result for well played gif

Archived