Late NSD Predictions Thread

tbone1430

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

he's never stopped TBH.

that is a big touche. He purposely dragged this to signing day for the drama.

6 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

E - why wouldn’t we take him? If we lose out on Henry, then we likely end up signing 22. We can sign 26-27, so are we going after that many transfers? 

Not about total numbers. The staff may just not see a need in taking him, especially if we get Moore. That would be a 4 DL class that would include 2 of the highest regarded projected DTs in the country in Moore & Hand. The staff may not see a need in taking a 3rd DT, especially if Miller & Newkirk are progressing well.

Also gotta remember Jay Jay Wilson transferring in counts against our total. Our total without Henry & Cox would be 24. The max we can take is 26. I know the staff would like at least 1 more transfer at some point & may have decided to take a 2nd at some point after the Spring.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Great

Yup!  That's why my reaction if he signs with AU will be...

tumblr_ndi8kfId5L1rrx588o1_400.gif

& if he picks UGA, LSU, or, Vols my reaction will be...

tenor.gif?itemid=4424854

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Has he not done the extra stuff Hoover was giving him?

No clue. I don't have access to that kind of info. I just know he dug himself a massive academic hole at some point.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Bell- ???

Updated. Can't put a % on it but looks like Bell may be trending FSU. Chris Nee writes for FSU & is a pretty reliable dude. He just picked Bell to the Noles. Marcello also changed his from AU to foggy. If we only sign 2 high school OL this class our high school OL recruiting for the past 4 full classes will be an unmitigated disaster. To para-quote Lord Vader, "Our failure will be complete."

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Updated. Can't put a % on it but looks like Bell may be trending FSU. Chris Nee writes for FSU & is a pretty reliable dude. He just picked Bell to the Noles. Marcello also changed his from AU to foggy. If we only sign 2 high school OL this class our high school OL recruiting for the past 4 full classes will be an unmitigated disaster. To para-quote Lord Vader, "Our failure will be complete."

There is no way to sugar coat it. These are our back up plans who we are potentially swinging and missing on. This is the most embarrassing and downright sad bit of horrible recruiting for a position group I have ever seen in all the years I have been following AU crutin which is 13 years. Just SMH. This is all on Gus. ALL. What did he expect re hiring that bag of bones? 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

What did he expect re hiring that bag of bones? 

Not sure a good recruiter would do much better. Look at the struggles Hand had on the recruiting front dealing with Gus's OL plan & directives.

Just now, ellitor said:

Not sure a good recruiter would do much better. Look at the struggles Hand had on the recruiting front dealing with Gus's OL plan & directives.

There is no way it could ever get as worse as this lol. We are recruiting like a sun belt school along the OL. It is def Malzahns fault but no doubt JB is not helping the problem.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

There is no way it could ever get as worse as this lol. We are recruiting like a sun belt school along the OL. It is def Malzahns fault but no doubt JB is not helping the problem.

Didn't say he was. Just pointing out Hand had similar struggles.

Just now, ellitor said:

Didn't say he was. Just pointing out Hand had similar struggles.

O Gus is def a bigger problem than JB for sure. Hand was known as a recruiter and was just eh here.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Feeling a bit better about Moore. Just hope it holds through signing tomorrow.

If we just hold on to Pickens and get Moore and MAR along with Brothers that is one heck of a haul. Really good class aside from the obvious.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we just hold on to Pickens and get Moore and MAR along with Brothers that is one heck of a haul. Really good class aside from the obvious.

Agreed. And as much as I would like to get Henry and Bell they were/are going to be depth guys for 2020 so I’d almost rather get an undergraduate transfer 0L or two that has a better chance of being ready in 2020. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Agreed. And as much as I would like to get Henry and Bell they were/are going to be depth guys for 2020 so I’d almost rather get an undergraduate transfer 0L or two that has a better chance of being ready in 2020. 

Well freaking said. Tomorrow *fingers crossed* Could be a really really good day for us! WAR DAMN BABY!!!! LETS CLOSE STRRRRRRRONG!!!! 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How is Gus an active deterrent towards the most important position to his offense 

He does all the evaluations for the OL With no input from the OL coach and directs who to go after. And he doesn’t cast enough of a real net in terms of OL he will take initially. Before this year if he missed on his plan A’s then he just waited for the transfer market.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup!  That's why my reaction if he signs with AU will be...

tumblr_ndi8kfId5L1rrx588o1_400.gif

& if he picks UGA, LSU, or, Vols my reaction will be...

tenor.gif?itemid=4424854

How much would that suck?  The one guy we've been desperately trying to hold on to doesn't even qualify.  Of course.

9 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

How much would that suck?  The one guy we've been desperately trying to hold on to doesn't even qualify.  Of course.

Qualifying will be a question for another day. Lets sign him first, we have plenty of slots open so if we lose one because a guy didn't take that part of his life seriously, we can afford the loss.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He does all the evaluations for the OL With no input from the OL coach and directs who to go after.

I'd like a link or source for this?   have a hard time believing the OL coaching staff just sits back and makes no input..

Archived