2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I hope so, but I'm not all that optimistic at this point. We'll have to sign eight today to reach the target of 25. That's gonna' take one helluva strong close. We did great in holding the early signees and Pickens together during a tough spell, so maybe today will be great too. At this moment it looks doubtful to me.

What ever happened to the good old days of just sitting by the fax machine watching the signed letters roll in?     Now everyone looking for the ten minutes of fame on ESPN I guess.....but gonna make for a long day. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I hope so, but I'm not all that optimistic at this point. We'll have to sign eight today to reach the target of 25. That's gonna' take one helluva strong close. We did great in holding the early signees and Pickens together during a tough spell, so maybe today will be great too. At this moment it looks doubtful to me.

I feel fairly confident with maybe four recruits. Hopefully Gus knows something that we don’t. At this point no matter what we do on the OL, we have to be thankful for tbe recruits that we have because it has been an awful season of rumormongering that could’ve led to a mass exodus.

If anything else, Gus either stays for years to come, or the next coach finds a full cupboard of talent sans tbe OL. Hopefully we go after more transfers on the OL though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Now everyone looking for the ten minutes of fame on ESPN I guess.....but gonna make for a long day. 

We have two days of football Christmas, one birthday, and one Christmas. What more can you ask for? 

• Haha 1

Free from Niehbur: 

UM, UGA and UT all are under the impression they have a real shot at Pickens today. Sounds like everyone involved is being told something different.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Having watched Pickens play in a couple of games and the all-star game, this doesn't surprise me a bit. His personality is show-boating. He wants the limelight and this is a good way to get it. I hope he sticks with AU, but the staff will have a big job of de-recruiting to do when he hits campus.

• Like 1

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That doesn't sound goof.

Yep....sounds like he has a change from his announced plans and might not want to answer questions  from school mates..JMO..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Signing Day Ceremonies:  

Awesome sauce Jeff!!!

49 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

You da man, Jeff. Thanks for the thread since E is trying to become immortal or whatever and is abandoning us to the mercies of the crootin world.

:)

To be fair, E has said that for a few years, but he is still hanging around... Thankfully.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That doesn't sound goof.

Sure doesn't. Doesn't sound good either. 

Edited by Auburn2Eugene

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love me some Derrick Brown, and that love will roll over to his little brother. But no matter how much I care about either of them. Little Brown has NO BUSINESS with that number on. They better not have told him he can use 34.

• Facepalm 1

On 2/6/2019 at 8:15 AM, Auburn2Eugene said:

Sorry not trying to be negative, but that number is sacred and isn't supposed to be used.

Relax. I'm sure it won't be. 34 was his number in high school. When recruits get Jersey pics it's always with a uniform with their high school number. He won't be 34 when he gets here.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who did we just get? Gus is booming.

or is he booming Brown? It’s too early for this. 😂

Edited by AidiAU