2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

What's the even mean?

lol pretty self explanatory.

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

What's the even mean?

Schwartz is saying that UGA will be caught and won't be able to participate in bowl games

18 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Let's say he did get paid (and he likely did).  Take that out of the equation and then ask yourself as a 5* WR, what place will better prepare me for the NFL?  I'm sorry, but he would have been a fool to ultimately sign with us.  The route tree under Gus is non-existent.

Is it crappy that he committed for so long and flipped?  Yes.  I think he just wanted to commit to the in-state team while younger.  But the long term business decision he made is the right one.  Sucks for us, but I'm honestly amazed any time a highly rated WR or TE actually wants to sign here.

I can agree with that. However, just de-commit. Don't drag AU into playing games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

You think Gus tweets that tweet if he knew that was happening? It doesn't even seem like we recruited a replacement. 

What tweet? Either way, you're probably right. And it is upsetting. And embarrassing. It was just as obvious that this kid might not sign with us as it was that Sean White was seriously hurt in the 2016 DSOR and that we were going to lose to LSU in 2017 if we kept running the ball on first down. 

I see what I did there.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Yes...REALLY!  If there was absolutely no way he would qualify...by people IN THE KNOW...why was he a take?

Because the kid is a NFL talent and perception is everything in recruiting. Can't back off a 5* WR that has been committed for 2 years . I mean come on here. Nick and Kirby go into these living rooms talking about all of the top classes they sign. Kid listen to that. It's embarrassing but not the end of the world. 

I'm told that Gus and Caddy think they have closed the deal with MAR. FWIW. So that is some great news. 

• Like 7

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

I can agree with that. However, just de-commit. Don't drag AU into playing games. 

Exactly . Don’t freaking commit if you feel that way. Seems pretty simple to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Schwartz is saying that UGA will be caught and won't be able to participate in bowl games

Agree with @DAG that young Anthony should probably chill. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

What's the even mean?

If the ncaa investigated then they would find things. However we all know, that is not going to happen lol

Just now, McLoofus said:

What tweet? Either way, you're probably right. And it is upsetting. And embarrassing. It was just as obvious that this kid might not sign with us as it was that Sean White was seriously hurt in the 2016 DSOR and that we were going to lose to LSU in 2017 if we kept running the ball on first down. 

I see what I did there.

Gus said something like "its going to be a good day" this morning.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Exactly

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Because the kid is a NFL talent and perception is everything in recruiting. Can't back off a 5* WR that has been committed for 2 years . I mean come on here. Nick and Kirby go into these living rooms talking about all of the top classes they sign. Kid listen to that. It's embarrassing but not the end of the world. 

I'm told that Gus and Caddy think they have closed the deal with MAR. FWIW. So that is some great news. 

Moore and MAR would be a really good way to end the day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I see what I did there.

The tweet this morning about how today was going to be a great day. As Jeff said too, I think it’s the first time he’s said that on NSD

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Agree with @DAG that young Anthony should probably chill. 

Agree, makes our players look like kids... granted that's what they are. I believe Schwartz may have been his host on one or two events.

• Like 1

If they go to UGA then they have to go to Knoxville and Tuscaloosa.  NCAA does not want to open that can of worms.  Whistling while looking the other way emoji would be appropriate but I dont do emojis 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Exactly

I personally think, watching the kid commit, that he didn't really want to go to thUGA. moving on......

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

However we all know, that is not going to happen lol

Smart did learn from the master, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know where the bodies are buried in Baton Rouge like his mentor does.  Not sure Emmert would protect him....

Pickens done pissed off our whole team. I hope they are lighting his ass up in the group chat. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3

Just now, casatiger said:

If they go to UGA then they have to go to Knoxville and Tuscaloosa.  NCAA does not want to open that can of worms.  Whistling while looking the other way emoji would be appropriate but I dont do emojis 

Mizzou says hold my beer! The NCAA is a piece of.........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

The tweet this morning about how today was going to be a great day. As Jeff said too, I think it’s the first time he’s said that on NSD

Could just be his social game evolving. Pretty generic tweet. 

Regardless, it's not a huge surprise if Gus was genuinely clueless to the possibility. But still embarrassing and upsetting. 

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AUsome news for us if true. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If the ncaa investigated then they would find things. However we all know, that is not going to happen lol

I've said this for the past 3 years, Kirby is either going to build a monster at uga or is going to go out in huge flames. Won't be any middle ground with him. He isn't even trying to hide it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I personally think, watching the kid commit, that he didn't really want to go to thUGA. moving on......

I think it was more guilt to all of his friends he lied to.

• Like 1