2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

27 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

For those that speculated about MAR when he said a while ago that he was going to his fav player’s rival...

918FCDAC-02B9-46BB-B0CB-3C15BD21CA10.png

Finally, the suspense was killing me...right up there with JFK, aliens, and the flat earth

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Can Grimes be next? Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaasse?

Only if we replace him with someone who can recruit AND coach. Hand was an utter failure and took all of last year to get our OL back to a collegiate level of blocking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

Only if we replace him with someone who can recruit AND coach. Hand was an utter failure and took all of last year to get our OL back to a collegiate level of blocking.

Yeah, given that Gus only goes after those he's comfortable with...

According to one of the above tweets, Gus says that 2020 will most likely be his largest OL class here. I’m thinking that means 6+ OL. Isn’t our largest OL class 5 so far? 

Edited by aujeff11

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You didn't read what @AURex posted above? It's very clear, and the way I've always understood it. Most major schools have the same minimum, something the NCAA will accept. Now, if you're an ordinary Joe, you'll have to do much better to gain admission. If you're a music genius, high profile athlete or maybe a veteran with combat injuries, they can let you in if you meet their minimum standard. In other words, if you're for some reason "special" all you have to do is meet the minimum. If you're not special, you have to score well above the minimum to gain admission. This applies to every SEC school except Vandy. They still have lower standards for athletes and other special cases, but their lowest standard is still higher than any other conference school's.

That’s a bit presumptuous to assume I would’ve been close to the minimum lol

only flaw in my game is half assing the math part of the ACT. I would’ve been coasting through college otherwise 😔

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I think JP retires before the summer but for health reasons. Kicking cancer's butt takes a lot out of anybody.

did you mean JB?  Thanks!

Just now, doc4aday said:

did you mean JB?  Thanks!

I’m thinking he meant JC. Whose in the house?!!!

• Haha 1

In all honesty, I do not see JB going anywhere and will be back for 2019. I have mixed feelings about JB. If he comes back and out OL plays lights out, then all will be fine with old JB!  I like JB and find that the players respond well to him. If we can get our OL to play like they did in the Purdue game, then things will be on the right track. Cannot base things on one game, but I like what I saw from out OL in that game.

I watched the replay of the game earlier today, and paid close attention to what our OL did in that game. They looked better than they did for most of last season.

Edited by doc4aday
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m thinking he meant JC. Whose in the house?!!!

I am not sure who JC is. Enlighten me my friend!  WDE!

It’d be very interesting to see back against the wall Gus run the full court press on all elite OLmen

for the types that like to read into things, I’d imagine there’s an implication there that Grimes won’t be a part of that situation. Because he literally can’t recruit a high end OL prospect.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I am not sure who JC is. Enlighten me my friend!  WDE!

Jesus Christ.It’s an old kids bop Children’s church song lol.

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That’s a bit presumptuous to assume I would’ve been close to the minimum lol

only flaw in my game is half assing the math part of the ACT. I would’ve been coasting through college otherwise 😔

???? I presumed nothing. Your post indicated that you didn't understand how the requirement thing works with regard to athletes and other special students. I directed you to an above post that explained it very clearly.

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

???? I presumed nothing. Your post indicated that you didn't understand how the requirement thing works with regard to athletes and other special students. I directed you to an above post that explained it very clearly.

I didn’t reference athletes or other special students in any form or fashion, I’m talking about ME lol. I would’ve applied to Miami if I was aware it had comparable minimum requirements to Auburn.

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’d be very interesting to see back against the wall Gus run the full court press on all elite OLmen

for the types that like to read into things, I’d imagine there’s an implication there that Grimes won’t be a part of that situation. Because he literally can’t recruit a high end OL prospect.

Gus needs to be on the phone tonight calling 2020 kids....   We literally have all the parts to have an elite team in 2020 and 2021, but we are going to be lacking an OL.    How is that possible???      Gosh I hope I am wrong.  

We are really in a catch 22:  Simmons has no coaching or recruiting experience and  Grimes doesn't recruit well.   Gus can't recruit  highly credible coaches from other P5 programs.   

War Eagle & thanks for the banter today, boys.  Still averaging much better classes than Tubs put together.   Thus there is hope.

Edited by Beaker

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

We literally have all the parts to have an elite team in 2020 and 2021, but we are going to be lacking an OL.    How is that possible???      

Don't ask Mikey...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Great news if I'm wrong but right now we only have 21 recruits signed. Is that it? How many spots open exactly was Gus planning on leaving

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I didn’t reference athletes or other special students in any form or fashion, I’m talking about ME lol. I would’ve applied to Miami if I was aware it had comparable minimum requirements to Auburn.

I still don't think you got the point. Minimum requirements only apply the people in special situations. Unless you were going to get a scholarship in some specialized field, you wouldn't have been accepted with minimum requirements.

Just now, shabby said:

Great news if I'm wrong but right now we only have 21 recruits signed. Is that it? How many spots open exactly was Gus planning on leaving

It's 22 signed. The grad transfer from Arizona isn't being listed, but he counts against the limit. I think 22 is somewhat disappointing. We had 26 slots available. Saving a couple for transfers, would still leave 24 available. I do think that two or more did last minute changes of mind. The ones we have are very good, but I'd have liked two more.

So with the exception of no elite OTs and really no OTS at all...I think we have a few good OGs and C in Bell/Jones/ and then J. Osbourn at G or maybe developing to a OT....this is a great class....247 has us at 11.....we have fewer commits then any of the top ten....we have a higher per player rating than 6 of top 10.....I really like the class.....if we had signed 2 OTS it would have been super.....but here are my hopes....we 4-5 spots left for tx's....i hope we get pettway from arky to fill the GP void....nd then i hope we get 2-3 OL transfers....that may end up working better than had we signed 2 low rated OTS because they already have some coaching/playing experience at college level and would be further along for 2020.....Im optimistic....but JB needs to go 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

i hope we get pettway from arky to fill the GP void.

GP would’ve been competing with Seth Williams. 

Pettway will be taking care of Slayton’s void.