2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Bo has the intangibles and talent but when the bright lights come on you never know what a QB might do,  DJ is a fine running back, Moore is talented for sure but is an extremely weird guy have to see how he handles Coach G, and Pappoe is going to have a huge learning curve of playing off of bigger stronger defenders.  He will be able to out athlete some interior blockers but hate to say it but I'm calling another 5 star bust on Pappoe even before he plays his first game.  If you want him to truly excel move him to safety and let him play in space teach him coverage skills and if he grows a couple more inches and then adds weight maybe he can be a linebacker in the SEC and NFL.  I hope I'm wrong. 

Are you trolling or a true fan of AU? Asking for someone .

36 minutes ago, toddc said:

Are you trolling or a true fan of AU? Asking for someone .

Sounds like he may be the Mayhem guy in the TV Allstate commercials.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

What does that even mean? As an OLB he will be helping in run support & covering slot WRs which he has the speed to do.

As an OLB he won't have to likely deal with interior blockers much.

As an OLB in Auburn's system that's what he'll be doing & he already has good coverage skills.

It means even as an outside LB he will still have to work off blocks in the run game.  Whether it is blocks from pulling interior guys or down blocks from edge blockers.  OT, HB, and TEs.  

16 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Starting off your time here like this? Sheesh.

Yeah I know.  Go against the mob mentality get thrashed.  I guess we will see in 4 years.  Hope he's everything we want a player I've just seen this type of LB struggle in the SEC where they aren't able to free themselves on blocks and rely to much on being able to out speed players and not plugging their gaps or taking themselves out of plays to get free.  Sure he will make some fantastic plays some highlight plays.  

58 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I've just seen this type of LB struggle in the SEC where they aren't able to free themselves on blocks and rely to much on being able to out speed players and not plugging their gaps or taking themselves out of plays to get free

Ummm. Does the name Roquan Smith ring a bell?  Similar size in attributes out of high school. Pappoe has drawn many comparisons to him.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ummm. Does the name Roquan Smith ring a bell?  Summer size in attributes out of high school. Pappoe has drawn many similar comparisons to him.

We will see.  Although there is a big difference in 6'1" and 5'11".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Although there is a big difference in 6'1" and 5'11".

Not when you have elite athleticism like Pappoe. Ro was also slightly smaller weight wise coming out of high school.

Owen will be a Safety in the NFL for sure but there's no reason he can't be a great OLB in college given that an OLB in Steele's system is a Strong Safety anyway.

Edited by ellitor

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Yeah I know.  Go against the mob mentality get thrashed.  I guess we will see in 4 years.  Hope he's everything we want a player I've just seen this type of LB struggle in the SEC where they aren't able to free themselves on blocks and rely to much on being able to out speed players and not plugging their gaps or taking themselves out of plays to get free.  Sure he will make some fantastic plays some highlight plays.  

Don't worry about the mob. Welcome to the family. It's just like a family with all the in fighting. ha ha  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We a JUCO QB and give Bo Nix a redshirt next year while he learns more about Malzahn's offense.

Edited by auburn4ever

28 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We a JUCO QB and give Bo Nix a redshirt next year while he learns more about Malzahn's offense.

@auburn4ever There are no juco QBs available from the class that just signed. It's either find a Grad Transfer QB the staff likes or nothing.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@auburn4ever There are no juco QBs available from the class that just signed. It's either find a Grad Transfer QB the staff likes or nothing.

We a Grad Transfer QB  and give Bo Nix a redshirt next year while he learns more about Malzahn's offense.............AKA a4e

• Like 1