2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like an interesting story in there.

The coach or somebody dominated the microphone and announced the decision for Cox. I’ve NEVER seen that done.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Time and time again we've been beat over the head with "Recruiting is all about building relationships. You can't expect great results the first year" I don't know why Grimes doesn't get this same benefit.

Because it wasn't really any better his first go-round here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With the transfer rules in place these days I suspect it's pretty stupid to tell a kid he's going to play one position and think you can switch him over. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If we lose both of our OL recruits (Henry and Bell) to FSU, after whiffing on every other desirable OL prospect, something has to be done about Grimes.  We cannot afford to have such a gaping hole in recruiting at this position any longer.

Could he be let go after today?

Pickens is cut from the same prima donna cloth as TO, OBJ, etc. Damn, we could use a talent like that if we could harness the emotional drama.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Once Troop was out everybody who was paying attention knew Foster was gone despite the blood oath he signed with the tattoo, lol.

I'm glad he didn't come to AU personally. He's a hot mess inside the skull area. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

The coach or somebody dominated the microphone and announced the decision for Cox. I’ve NEVER seen that done.

Very, very odd indeed!

Just now, fredst said:

Pickens is cut from the same prima donna cloth as TO, OBJ, etc. Damn, we could use a talent like that if we could harness the emotional drama.....

Gus is just not wired like that. 

Just now, fredst said:

Add AB to that list. 

• Like 2

Someone on the Rant said Pappoe is at Pickens announcement.

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

With the transfer rules in place these days I suspect it's pretty stupid to tell a kid he's going to play one position and think you can switch him over. 

Position changes aren't normally made if the player doesn't agree to the change.

I know this isn’t allowed but this was on tbe rant. Turn the lights out in tbe thread when y’all are done. 

JUST IN  
Source tells me George Pickens has told Auburn he is not signing with the Tigers. - BM

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I'm sure it's like inception. You make it abundantly clear "yeah man we really want you at DE but you're just not cracking the lineup, why not try OT so you can see the field!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I know this isn’t allowed but this was on tbe rant. Turn the lights out in tbe thread when y’all are done. 

JUST IN  
Source tells me George Pickens has told Auburn he is not signing with the Tigers. - BM

I refuse to believe it until it's happened... I just wanna be happy dagnabit 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

JUST IN  

He must really hate running only two routes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because it wasn't really any better his first go-round here.

Wasn't that '17 OL mostly Grimes's recruits? They were pretty stout.

• Facepalm 2

I get kids decide to go to a different place, but it's pretty sorry to stay committed til Signing Day then flip and not give the previous team any chance to adjust and recruit a different guy.

• Like 8