2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Awesome sauce Jeff!!!

To be fair, E has said that for a few years, but he is still hanging around... Thankfully.

Sure doesn't. Doesn't sound good either. 

I thought Pickens has been committed to AU for like 18 months.  That would be weird at this point to head another direction.  Although you never can tell with these kids.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He won't be 34 when he gets here.

Yup.

This ain't Kentucky...Forty different jersey numbers retired and most of them worn by guys on the current roster.  The word for 7, 34 and 88 at Auburn is revered.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yup.

This ain't Kentucky...Forty different jersey numbers retired and most of them worn by guys on the current roster.  The word for 7, 34 and 88 at Auburn is revered.

2 as well. That will never be worn again either.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Relax. I'm sure it won't be. 34 was his number in high school. When recruits get Jersey picks it's always with a uniform with their high school number. He won't be 34 when he gets here.

Na, nothing to relax about. I was just SHOCKED to see him with 34 on. I didn't know that was his high school number. 

It just shocked me seeing him wearing 34. If we were up for the highest rated RB recruit in the modern era I still and him wearing 34 would be a deal breaker, I wouldn't be happy about giving him 34, unless Bo approved. Bo should always have the say over anyone wearing 34. 

So yeah no worries. Thanks E. Yet again. Your knowledge really helps around here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That doesn't sound good.

Could it be possible for him to go to Auburn and sign the papers in person? Is that even allowed?

If we lose both of our OL recruits (Henry and Bell) to FSU, after whiffing on every other desirable OL prospect, something has to be done about Grimes.  We cannot afford to have such a gaping hole in recruiting at this position any longer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Could it be possible for him to go to Auburn and sign the papers in person? Is that even allowed?

No. Dead period= no on campus visits.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

If we lose both of our OL recruits (Henry and Bell) to FSU, after whiffing on every other desirable OL prospect, something has to be done about Grimes & in Gus's OL recruiting philosophy.  We cannot afford to have such a gaping hole in recruiting at this position any longer.

FIFY

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I thought Pickens has been committed to AU for like 18 months.  That would be weird at this point to head another direction.  Although you never can tell with these kids.

Hr has. Pickens committed around the time Shed Jackson committed. Not at the same time, but really close to the same time. 

And yeah, when someone has been committed going on 2 full years and stayed committed, its strange for them to go somewhere else, but it happens. And Pickens has been ALL OVER THE PLACE with his recruitment, while being committed. But in all honesty, our biggest concern are his GRADES.

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The melt if George Pickens signs elsewhere today will be 2017 LSU loss standards... myself included.

Especially if he goes to UGA.  That will sting the worst for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The melt if George Pickens signs elsewhere today will be 2017 LSU loss standards... myself included.

Not for me. I grow less enamored of this kid by the minute. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Not for me. I grow less enamored of this kid by the minute. 

Me too. He has all the ability in the world but it almost seems like the ends wouldn't justify the needs in his case. Again, regardless where he signs, its a very real chance he can't enroll and ends up in JUCO and we start this entire process over again.

• Like 2

I don't know the kid so I can't judge. All I know is he's a great player and we need his kind of talent around here. We'll see. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Especially if he goes to UGA.  That will sting the worst for me.

If he goes to UT Jeremy Pruitt has absolutely and completely utterly destroyed Gus time and time again and will have continued to own him. Like it is not a fair fight. STOP THE MATCH!!! THROW IN THE TOWEL!!!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Pickens going elsewhere and the abject failure in OL recruiting would top all of the previous NSD disappointments (Foster, Evans, CK), IMO.

• Like 2