2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

4 hours ago, auol72 said:

Just to point out we are not rebuilding anything in 2019 on ol or rb. All five starters on ol return plus two backups that also started during year due to injury. As to rb bookie and shivers return only lost asa due to transfer. When your going to poor mouth and put down Gus get it right it is not hard to find a correct accurate reason to do so.

We wanted the OTs this year so we wouldn't have to rely on true Freshmen in 2020. Or if nothing else insurance for in case we miss on our targets next year as well. 

After 2019 these are the current OT candidates:

Prince Sammons

Austin Troxell

Brodarious Hamm

And then you have a maybe in Calvin Ashley but i'm personally not expecting that guy to be back. So yeah we currently have 3 players to fill 2 very critical spots. Hopefully some good transfers become available or we land some monsters in the next cycle. But we were in a similar situation with the S position a couple years ago and that worked out so hopefully this will as well

Edited by gravejd

22 minutes ago, gravejd said:

We wanted the OTs this year so we wouldn't have to rely on true Freshmen in 2020. Or if nothing else insurance for in case we miss on our targets next year as well. 

After 2019 these are the current OT candidates:

Prince Sammons

Austin Troxell

Brodarious Hamm

And then you have a maybe in Calvin Ashley but i'm personally not expecting that guy to be back. So yeah we currently have 3 players to fill 2 very critical spots. Hopefully some good transfers become available or we land some monsters in the next cycle. But we were in a similar situation with the S position a couple years ago and that worked out so hopefully this will as well

According to AU reports, Ashley is back with Auburn. Although, it still remains to be seen if he works hard to be a starter, or finishes his college career at AU....

Speaking of Ashley, does anyone know if he is coming back and more importantly, is he coming back with a new attitude?

:dunno:

Edited by milehighfan

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

So if all this conjecture is true...how can Auburn compete? If we try and play dirty like them we more than likely get busted (See Ole Miss)  If we do it the right way, but miss on some elite talent people say the coaches are getting outworked by UGA and UA. 

Every major program plays the game including AU. Let's not kid ourselves here.

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Prince Sammons

Austin Troxell

Brodarious Hamm

Hamm is a Guard & it hasn't been decided yet if Sammons will play Guard or Tackle.

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

we currently have 3 players to fill 2 very critical spots.

1 maybe 2.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

Speaking of Ashley, does anyone know if he is coming back and more importantly, is he coming back with a new attitude?

:dunno:

Was asked yesterday. He's back but still no expecting much from him as of now.

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Every major program plays the game including AU. Let's not kid ourselves here.

I’m not naive it just appears Bama gets away with it. I think if Auburn gets “heavier” into the game ala Bama then we will get the Ole Miss treatment or what just happened at Missouri. All while Bama skates by laughing... so how does Auburn compete if the “playing the game” field is not level. 

Edited by PoetTiger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

... so how does Auburn compete if the “playing the game” field is not level. 

Have the better on-field talent developers

• Like 7

10 hours ago, auol72 said:

Just to point out we are not rebuilding anything in 2019 on ol or rb. All five starters on ol return plus two backups that also started during year due to injury. As to rb bookie and shivers return only lost asa due to transfer. When your going to poor mouth and put down Gus get it right it is not hard to find a correct accurate reason to do so.

Wrong ! We missed on prime OL targets last year and this year and development of our OL has been poor. Guys playing this year were not getting it done against better competition. Whitlow did well but was a HS QB & surely not recruited to be “the guy” at RB. Serious luck here. Shivers did well for a Freshman. That is 2 RBs. All of these are facts so you might want to get it right. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Have the better on-field talent developers

So in other words we gotta hire better coaches to offset them allegedly paying for better players. 

15 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So in other words we gotta hire better coaches to offset them allegedly paying for better players. 

There are two ways to be successful. Recruit great players or develop great players.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There are two ways to be successful. Recruit great players or develop great players.

Exactly but would you guys say the alleged improprieties that Bama and UGA use are causing an unfair advantage for Auburn...because as some say Auburn ain’t trying (cheating) hard enough.

On 2/6/2019 at 9:11 AM, TitanTiger said:

I get kids decide to go to a different place, but it's pretty sorry to stay committed til Signing Day then flip and not give the previous team any chance to adjust and recruit a different guy.

Speaks volumes about a character's character.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

So if all this conjecture is true...how can Auburn compete? If we try and play dirty like them we more than likely get busted (See Ole Miss)  If we do it the right way, but miss on some elite talent people say the coaches are getting outworked by UGA and UA. 

I don't know the answer.  It's like the NCAA says it's ok for Bammer to do it, but be damned if someone else does it or beats them in the process. Alabama can boast getting players in the league but so can all the other SEC teams.  The crazy part is they do/offer something that others don't or have more of it.  That's all I can figure.  

• Like 1

We have one more Possible OT in 2020 Alec Jackson who we will be converting fro D-Line to OT starting this Spring.  We are 1 out of 2 in this conversion process with the two Princes. It should be an easier transition for Alec as he has played football his whole life as compared to the Princes who were just learning the game.

• Like 2

With the new redshirt and transfer rules, I'm hoping Auburn can land some OL players who have actually developed some skills at other universities with excellent offenses but for whatever reason want to leave.

38 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Puckett, Handy, and Richards are the stars of the class. 

As well as Bo, DJ, Moore, & Pappoe.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

As well as Bo, DJ, Moore, & Pappoe.

Bo has the intangibles and talent but when the bright lights come on you never know what a QB might do,  DJ is a fine running back, Moore is talented for sure but is an extremely weird guy have to see how he handles Coach G, and Pappoe is going to have a huge learning curve of playing off of bigger stronger defenders.  He will be able to out athlete some interior blockers but hate to say it but I'm calling another 5 star bust on Pappoe even before he plays his first game.  If you want him to truly excel move him to safety and let him play in space teach him coverage skills and if he grows a couple more inches and then adds weight maybe he can be a linebacker in the SEC and NFL.  I hope I'm wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Pappoe is going to have a huge learning curve of playing off of bigger stronger defenders. 

What does that even mean? As an OLB he will be helping in run support & covering slot WRs which he has the speed to do.

6 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He will be able to out athlete some interior blockers but hate to say it but I'm calling another 5 star bust on Pappoe even before he plays his first game.

As an OLB he won't have to likely deal with interior blockers much.

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If you want him to truly excel move him to safety and let him play in space teach him coverage skills

As an OLB in Auburn's system that's what he'll be doing & he already has good coverage skills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Bo has the intangibles and talent but when the bright lights come on you never know what a QB might do,  DJ is a fine running back, Moore is talented for sure but is an extremely weird guy have to see how he handles Coach G, and Pappoe is going to have a huge learning curve of playing off of bigger stronger defenders.  He will be able to out athlete some interior blockers but hate to say it but I'm calling another 5 star bust on Pappoe even before he plays his first game.  If you want him to truly excel move him to safety and let him play in space teach him coverage skills and if he grows a couple more inches and then adds weight maybe he can be a linebacker in the SEC and NFL.  I hope I'm wrong. 

Starting off your time here like this? Sheesh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2