Sign in to follow this  
aujeff11

2019 Offical NSD Thread

18 minutes ago, fredst said:

Pickens going elsewhere and the abject failure in OL recruiting would top all of the previous NSD disappointments (Foster, Evans, CK), IMO.

Definitely would hurt for sure, but I don't know if it would top that.  We have been conditioned that Pickens would flip at any time.  The others came out of nowhere.  I mean Foster even had an AU tattoo on his arm.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

From Niehbur

George's mom is on the phone now ... Could she be making that final call?

That's funny to me everyone hanging on to anything.....................got to love cruitin

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Cox chose Ole Miss

LOL. OM is awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Cox chose Ole Miss

Yup! He apparently sniffed out that AU prefered him at OT instead of DT. He wanted no part of being an OT.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

3 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Dang it.  I thought AU felt really good about him.  Oh well.

Charles Moore step on up!

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

True.  But a big part of our problem there is that we keep not going after the best OL coach available and sticking with guys Gus knows.  Grimes is a negative in recruiting.  Herb Hand was a mild positive at best.

Time and time again we've been beat over the head with "Recruiting is all about building relationships. You can't expect great results the first year" I don't know why Grimes doesn't get this same benefit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Dumb question, but when y'all say mom making the final call - like call to whatever school he chose? 

Some parents do. Parents have to sign the NLIs also.

Niehbur with the continued play by play!! I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE to get his truthful unfiltered off the record thoughts about Pickens.  I am sure it is a doozy. Un real this kid has been committed for over 500 days and he is still un sure.

George and have mom have been handing off the phone to each other. Hoover's HC now walking out toward them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Definitely would hurt for sure, but I don't know if it would top that.  We have been conditioned that Pickens would flip at any time.  The others came out of nowhere.  I mean Foster even had an AU tattoo on his arm.  

Agreed. Also, CyKo, Foster and Evans were all at positions of much greater need. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! He apparently sniffed out that AU prefered him at OT instead of DT. He wanted no part of being an OT.

What are you doing on here?  Go work out!  We need you healthy for at least 40 more years.  How else will I get my recruiting information if we lose you?  :poke:

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

OL recruiting is affecting our whole team!!!! 

Can you do tbe strikethrough on his name? I can’t do it.

Strange to me. Miami has slightly stricter admissions hurdles than Auburn. At least that has been my experience with people who have applied to both. Not sure if it’s different for athletes

Just now, ellitor said:

Don't expect AU to sign many kids from McGill anymore.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Niehbur with the continued play by play!! I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE to get his truthful unfiltered off the record thoughts about Pickens.  I am sure it is a doozy. Un real this kid has been committed for over 500 days and he is still un sure.

George and have mom have been handing off the phone to each other. Hoover's HC now walking out toward them.

Clown town. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He wanted no part of being an OT.

Nobody does...until it's time to sign the second NFL contract.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't think anything is unsure. I think they are playing to the cameras.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

What are you doing on here?  Go work out!  We need you healthy for at least 40 more years.  How else will I get my recruiting information if we lose you?  :poke:

Not afternoon yet silly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's funny to me everyone hanging on to anything.....................got to love cruitin

I sure miss the OLD DAYS!

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Is TN crushed about this flip?  Something tells me, I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sounds like an interesting story in there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He apparently sniffed out that AU prefered him at OT instead of DT.

Guess its too much to ask of our staff that they recruit actual offensive lineman.

• Like 2

More free info from 247.

I think the Vols are out ..... for Pickens. Just got that word from a source

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Have we been slow playing him this whole time? 

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Once Troop was out everybody who was paying attention knew Foster was gone despite the blood oath he signed with the tattoo, lol.

• Like 2