2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

Just now, DAG said:

Owen is now my new favorite. Cut from the same cloth 

Owen has someone to meet up with across the middle now. 

• Like 2

I am just not that bothered by it.  Would have been great to see him follow through with his commitment.  But it is what it is.  We would then have “worried” if he would qualify,   Then we would worry if he is happy,  then we worry if ...   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHY I DETEST AND HATE BOWL CUT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than I ever could Saban. He always looks for ways to punk us in the most painful of ways. He is a absolute POS. 

• Like 1

Just now, autigeremt said:

Owen has someone to meet up with across the middle now. 

Oh, I'll bet because it's Georgia, his grades will suddenly, miraculously improve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Y9wt3XkHo

Hopefully we get a sequel to this. With Pickens playing the role of Reggie Brown.

Even better, Pappoe is the one who lays the hit on him.  But lets not have him ejected for targeting because that hit today would definitely be targeting.  :laugh:

• Love 1

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As noted above, it's very "sorry" to not let the team you're committed to know something ahead of time. I know this sounds like sour grapes, but combining today's actions with what I saw of him on the field I'm not unhappy that he's gone elsewhere. I hope he causes the DullDawgs lots of on and off field problems.

It’s not. Good luck to the kid but I just think it shows a lot about you to be committed like that only  to flip at the last minute before signing. Coaches put a lot of time and effort on you when that spot could’ve gone to someone else. I feel the same way about anyone who flips to us in the same manner.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As noted above, it's very "sorry" to not let the team you're committed to know something ahead of time. I know this sounds like sour grapes, but combining today's actions with what I saw of him on the field I'm not unhappy that he's gone elsewhere. I hope he causes the DullDawgs lots of on and off field problems.

This. We could have been pursuing a new option. He’s a diva who wanted the attention of a big last second flip. 

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Oh, I'll bet because it's Georgia, his grades will suddenly, miraculously improve.

We know his bank account did.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I am just not that bothered by it.  Would have been great to see him follow through with his commitment.  But it is what it is.  We would then have “worried” if he would qualify,   Then we would worry if he is happy,  then we worry if ...   

10000% accurate

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Wasn't that '17 OL mostly Grimes's recruits? They were pretty stout.

No, not really.  The ones who became the line that almost got us to the SEC title were Wanogho, Horton, Golson, Dunn, and Braden Smith.  

Wanogho was recruited by Muschamp and Garner

Golson and Dunn were transfers.  Golson was over a health issue with his mother and Auburn was the closest school to home.  Dunn was a grad transfer

Braden Smith was JB Grimes

Horton was JB Grimes

Horton has been hit and miss at best.  Braden was a stud.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's embarrassing. 

Any info on the Pickens flip? I assume the staff found out right before we did. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Whiffing on MAR, if that happens and I think it does, is going to be bad. 

So, this could end up being a really bad day for AU?