Time for a little Sunshine Pumping

AuburnNTexas

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

:)   9-3 doesn't sound that great but on the other hand, to do that we will have to beat some very good teams since our schedule includes 6 or 7  teams ranked above us in the pre-season rankings.....and of course not slip up anywhere along the way. . 

yeah it doesnt sound amazing but when you look at that schedule, even that seems like a stretch for a team that didnt substantially add to what made them a disappointment last season. Its hard to project off of natural progression and increased chemistry. LSU in death valley should be a L just because its there, Oregon looks like a better team than us and wont be starting a brand new QB, and UGA and UA...predicting a split there is prob a bit generous. I think 9-3 would be a good bounce back season, and should be enough to at least be proud of. Obv, we want titles though 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

yeah it doesnt sound amazing but when you look at that schedule, even that seems like a stretch for a team that didnt substantially add to what made them a disappointment last season. Its hard to project off of natural progression and increased chemistry. LSU in death valley should be a L just because its there, Oregon looks like a better team than us and wont be starting a brand new QB, and UGA and UA...predicting a split there is prob a bit generous. I think 9-3 would be a good bounce back season, and should be enough to at least be proud of. Obv, we want titles though 

Too early to tell but prospects for defense are very good and hope our new QB and offense can do enough to win....close if necessary.

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

I agree but for many contributors on this site, a 9-3 season would be unacceptable...but I'd consider that damn good with the schedule we have. 

9-3 LAST season instead of 7-5 would've shut up a ton of the naysayers on this site.  And all that noise & rumor's from within the AD in mid-October ("The money's there to pay his buyout") through the crap slinging in the media after the IB (Harbert trying to re-negotiate Gus' contract) would've never transpired.  In other words, a slight drop off from the '17 (10-2) season wouldn't have been as unacceptable as the 7-5 Gus turned in - people would've been much more accepting of 9-3 reg season with a bowl win to bring the final to 10-3 in 2018.

Folks in general fans/alum/donors can stomach a 9-3 regular season every now & then if it's mixed with a lot more 10-2/11-1 seasons and consistent runs for championship contention.  But when the HC keeps mixing in 7-5 & more 8-4 seasons than 10/11 win seasons, it's not acceptable at a place like Auburn.  Programs on the level of OleMiss/Arky/MSU/SoCarl/Kentucky, etc accept 7-5/8-4 seasons regularly, Auburn does not.

At the end of the day, Gus has written his own narrative at Auburn and only he can "turn this thing around" again.  Good luck to him and WDE!

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Too early to tell but prospects for defense are very good and hope our new QB and offense can do enough to win....close if necessary.

If the Offense takes it up a notch or two from where they were in '18, the Defense will show out IMO.  The whole team mentality will improve and both sides will up their level of execution and performance.  Football is such a mental game - the physical is there, the talent is there.  

1 minute ago, keesler said:

If the Offense takes it up a notch or two from where they were in '18, the Defense will show out IMO.  The whole team mentality will improve and both sides will up their level of execution and performance.  Football is such a mental game - the physical is there, the talent is there.  

Despite the various negative comments from some AU fans, I think the Purdue game was a confidence builder for many on the team.   P was not a great team but we had lost or struggled with teams who were no better than them earlier in the season. .  Things pretty well clicked in that game and hope it carries forward.   

I think the D will keep us in about any game this year...just need the O to mature a bit with whoever is at QB. .

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

:)   9-3 doesn't sound that great but on the other hand, to do that we will have to beat some very good teams since our schedule includes 6 or 7  teams ranked above us in the pre-season rankings.....and of course not slip up anywhere along the way. . 

Would just depend on how those 3 happened and to whom. As you say, Gus could be forgiven for putting up a damned good fight against this schedule and falling short. But that "damned good fight" qualifier is everything. 

17 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Well, I am an admitted sunshine pumper and not ashamed of it. 2019 depends on the qb. I think our oline will be much improved. Our defense will be stout, or wr and rb positions will be very good to great. Our qb is the big ?. I think the new coaches on offense will pay immediate dividends. Coach Dill will be good for ole Gus. I forcast 10+ wins in 2019.my O & B shades are doing just fine, thank you very much! War Eagle!

(Kolchak to Group): "Hi. I'm Kolchak."

(Group to Kolchak): "Hi Kolchak!!!"

(Kolchak to Group): "I have an admission to make.  I'm a sunshine pumper.  And I've finally come to the point where I can admit it to myself, and to all of you. I think 2019 is going to be a great year for AU football!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Group erupts into standing applause)

2 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

(Kolchak to Group): "Hi. I'm Kolchak."

(Group to Kolchak): "Hi Kolchak!!!"

(Kolchak to Group): "I have an admission to make.  I'm a sunshine pumper.  And I've finally come to the point where I can admit it to myself, and to all of you. I think 2019 is going to be a great year for AU football!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Group erupts into standing applause)

Are you sure you hadn't been drinking when you made this confession?  :-\

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Well, now that you mentioned it, there was a little bit of wine left in my glass from last night...

well whatever the case...I'm proud of you ...it's not easy to stand up in front of this crowd and shamelessly admit something like that.  Great step toward healing...

13 hours ago, tdburger said:

Wonder why Paul is barefoot?  😊

According to Paul, he was really hot that day, and took off his shoes. OFC there are the Beatle theorist who believe back then that Paul had died, and him wearing no shoes was bc he was dead (unlike the others)...lol..

2 hours ago, keesler said:

9-3 LAST season instead of 7-5 would've shut up a ton of the naysayers on this site.  And all that noise & rumor's from within the AD in mid-October ("The money's there to pay his buyout") through the crap slinging in the media after the IB (Harbert trying to re-negotiate Gus' contract) would've never transpired.  In other words, a slight drop off from the '17 (10-2) season wouldn't have been as unacceptable as the 7-5 Gus turned in - people would've been much more accepting of 9-3 reg season with a bowl win to bring the final to 10-3 in 2018.

Folks in general fans/alum/donors can stomach a 9-3 regular season every now & then if it's mixed with a lot more 10-2/11-1 seasons and consistent runs for championship contention.  But when the HC keeps mixing in 7-5 & more 8-4 seasons than 10/11 win seasons, it's not acceptable at a place like Auburn.  Programs on the level of OleMiss/Arky/MSU/SoCarl/Kentucky, etc accept 7-5/8-4 seasons regularly, Auburn does not.

At the end of the day, Gus has written his own narrative at Auburn and only he can "turn this thing around" again.  Good luck to him and WDE!

fantastic synopsis. This is how all of us fans EXPECT AU to play overtime.

7-5 should NEVER be the exception year. 8-4 at the least. Gus has got to get us on that upper level, or I expect someone else to be given a try...

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

According to Paul, he was really hot that day, and took off his shoes. OFC there are the Beatle theorist who believe back then that Paul had died, and him wearing no shoes was bc he was dead (unlike the others)...lol..

The VW Beetle (Beatle) also had a license plate that read 28 IF. Supposedly Paul was 27 at the time he was rumored to have died. He would have been 28 if he had been alive at that time. 

I agree with the OP. 2019 should be a very solid year, assuming we can get a QB to step up. 2020 will likely be a down year due to losses in both the offensive and defensive line.

I still have serious problems with our O-Line recruiting. We should be signing an average of 4 OLs per year. Historically, we redshirt OLs so they can spend a year focused on diet, nutrition, and strength and conditioning as well as getting coached on playing. Even then, it is rare a redshirt freshman starts, so we are often looking at a redshirt sophomore as the entry point into starting.

I hope some of the younger players step up this year. Will Calvin Ashley return? Will he live up to his billing? Will Nick Brahms again compete for the starting Center? Will Austin Troxell compete for the starting right tackle? Will Tashawn Manning, Brodarious Hamm, or Jalil Irvin compete for a starting guard position? How about Kameron Stutts? Will Prince Sammons ever live up to expectations? If any of these guys displace a starter, or in back filling an injured starter demonstrate a high quality of play, it would be a big step in the right direction.

18 hours ago, tdburger said:

Wonder why Paul is barefoot?  😊

That is not Paul McCartney. Paul McCartney is dead. John is in white as an Angel. Ringo is the Pastor. and George is the grave digger. Paul is barefoot as a symbol of his passing.

:tease:

11 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

That is not Paul McCartney. Paul McCartney is dead. 

What?  how come nobody told me....😒

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

What?  how come nobody told me....😒

Yep. He blew his mind out in a car. 

OR was killed in a car crash. Wednesday morning at 5 o'clock

3 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

They are still selling tickets for his performance in Greenville, SC scheduled for May.....should I try to get my money back?  

33 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

They are still selling tickets for his performance in Greenville, SC scheduled for May.....should I try to get my money back?  

Nah. Macca's stand in has done a fair job for him after all these years. You should still enjoy the show

Actually read that he died in 1966....don't know who has been fooling us all these years....:dunno:

Tell me if you’ve heard this before.  High preseason expectations followed by a disappointing season almost gets a coach fired.  Top decision makers from Auburn go talk to a Bob or Bobby about the job.  News breaks of said meeting and Bob or Bobby denies interest.  Auburn coach gets a chip on his shoulder.  If Gus can bring what he brought against Purdue to every game watchout.

Image result for pictures of corgis watching tv

Nothing  like a Corgi watching TV to pump a little sunshine!

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Tell me if you’ve heard this before.  High preseason expectations followed by a disappointing season almost gets a coach fired.  Top decision makers from Auburn go talk to a Bob or Bobby about the job.  News breaks of said meeting and Bob or Bobby denies interest.  Auburn coach gets a chip on his shoulder.  If Gus can bring what he brought against Purdue to every game watchout.

It’s a shame SEC defenses can’t play at Purdue’s level, or field oline and dlines like those Boilermakers.

22 minutes ago, keesler said:

It’s a shame SEC defenses can’t play at Purdue’s level, or field oline and dlines like those Boilermakers.

Auburn will probably only manage 30pts per half on offense against an SEC D 😁

Archived