2020 3* OG/C Avery Jernigan COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

There's no narrative. WDE is our most connected source on recruiting & he gave JB a lot of credit on this one earlier in the thread.

Actually, absolutely, positively no! This is what your inside source... (WDE) said: “but Dilly closed the deal

This is what the recruit said: “(Grimes) has been the main one recruiting me and I love him,” Jernigan said. “He’s a very down-to-earth person. He’s going to shoot it straight with you and he’s going to tell yothe truth” I really like Coach Grimes.

So try again! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Actually, absolutely, positively no! This is what your inside source... (WDE) said: “but Dilly closed the deal

This is what the recruit said: “(Grimes) has been the main one recruiting me and I love him,” Jernigan said. “He’s a very down-to-earth person. He’s going to shoot it straight with you and he’s going to tell yothe truth” I really like Coach Grimes.

So try again! 

He didn’t even know MAR was locked in until an hour before his decision. This whole connections thing is overblown. Fact of the matter is Jernigan seems to be in the minority in being impressed with Grimes.

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He didn’t even know MAR was locked in until an hour before his decision. This whole connections thing is overblown. Fact of the matter is Jernigan seems to be in the minority in being impressed with Grimes.

My point was: E claiming WDE gave Grimes so much credit earlier in the thread. He absolutely, positively did not give Grimes any credit and even credited our current O-coordinator for closing the deal. Which of course, is absolutely not what happened.

• Like 1

What's the emoji at the end?

Supposed to be me clapping for myself! Sarcasm. It might mean something totally different. 😆 

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Who gives a rat behind just be happy we got somekind of OL commit for now. God this crap gets old and its only frickin Feb

Thank you!  It’s a shame some people Choose to use a commitment as a  means to starting a senseless argument.

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Who gives a rat behind just be happy we got somekind of OL commit for now. God this crap gets old and its only frickin Feb

I am happy, but the constant bashing of JB gets pretty old too. Some people talk out of both sides of their mouth on the issue. First it's Gus fault that JB can't recruit then it's JB's fault then it's all about relationships blah blah  blah. We all would love to sign more 5 star o-linemen and make first round nfl draft picks out of all of them wouldn't we?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Never said nor implied he always gets it right. Heck. No source in the history of information has ever gotten everything close to right. Outside of recruiting reporters he does bring us the best and most reliable info overall. My apologies to go off and bird for not including them in my connected statement.

7 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I am happy, but the constant bashing of JB gets pretty old too. Some people talk out of both sides of their mouth on the issue. First it's Gus fault that JB can't recruit then it's JB's fault then it's all about relationships blah blah  blah. We all would love to sign more 5 star o-linemen and make first round nfl draft picks out of all of them wouldn't we?

Lets just get some OF tackles and then we can all be happy.............but I doubt it

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Never said nor implied he always gets it right. Heck. No source in the history of information has ever gotten everything close to right

He does the same old crap. Did it with Kerryon. I can see past it. I am not asking you to change your opinion, but give me a break with him being the most reliable. When one talks a lot, the fair share of hits or misses will be there. 

I’ve been here for too long for some but long enough nevertheless, for you to know my mind isn’t changing on this. 

• Like 3

This is a foolish discussion to have. What commit in the history of college football doesn't have good things to say about his future position coach when he commits? A big fat 0. That doesn't mean the position coach is a great or even good recruiter. JB landed AJ. Great job. That does not excuse his misses last year when he was given big leads on Wanya & Putnam from T-Will & Horton respectively as well given a good spot with Clay Webb from Garner. Per people not named WDE who are very close to the program & have no ill will to JB, he choked them all away. Label it narrative or whatever, reality is through the 2019 class missing those guys with big leads on 2 of them & falling 2 short of the number of OL Gus wanted from him in the class is the definition of him not being a good recruiter, at least through that point.

Maybe those kids don't like a straight shooter and didn't want to here what JB was telling them. Do you expect Grimes to not be true to himself? I kind of respect that he sounds like he doesn't blow smoke up player's @%$s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

If Malzahn and Co were blindsided by Pickens, then how can hold what our insiders share as 100% true?  That is not realistic.  

One can share what they believe to be true,  and one can choose to believe what is shared.  That’s it.  

9 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

If Malzahn and Co were blindsided by Pickens, then how can hold what our insiders share as 100% true?

There are cases such as Pickens where there were several red flags. Yet, the insiders get a pass for that miss. Pappoa was there after all. I’m not holding anybody accountable for that.

There have been multiple times over the years where WDE has been right. Some before some of you guys were here. He’s reliable and knows his stuff. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

There have been multiple times over the years where WDE has been right. Some before some of you guys were here. He’s reliable and knows his stuff. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Sour grapes that he was wrong about MAR for months????? What sense does that make?

About all of Grimes's "misses" that are mentioned above: Forever and a day the mantra & excuse here has been "recruiting is all about relationships and relationship building takes time". Now, when it suits the narrative, that "relationship building takes time" idea is tossed out the window and Grimes, in his first year back, is called horrible because he missed on people that didn't even know him. Transparent much?

• Like 4

On 2/8/2019 at 2:04 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Its probably for the best we start trying to expand a little bit...we're gonna have to gradually concede some ground in this region with UT and UGA starting to flex their...muscles. As well as Ole Miss somehow..recruiting well again. 

Yep, and don't forget Clemson.

It's a tough recruiting neighborhood.

Edited by homersapien

14 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

He does the same old crap. Did it with Kerryon. I can see past it. I am not asking you to change your opinion, but give me a break with him being the most reliable. When one talks a lot, the fair share of hits or misses will be there. 

I’ve been here for too long for some but long enough nevertheless, for you to know my mind isn’t changing on this. 

https://ideas.ted.com/6-strategies-to-help-you-turn-heated-dinner-arguments-into-real-conversations/

23 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Did your wife find this article referenced in her girly magazines and share it with you?You know these types:

pg 15: How to love your body.

Pg 20: Delicious cake recipes

Pg25: How to burn 10 pounds of fat in 7 days

Pg 30: It’s just your thyroid levels, gurl!!

JK. But You didn’t like my real conversation???? 

Jokes on you. 

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets just get some OF tackles and then we can all be happy.............but I doubt it

nope, there is always another position on the list...take one off the top and just move down to the next one... One thing I've learned in life is that unhappy people will always find something to be unhappy about.....just human nature I think.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

nope, there is always another position on the list...take one off the top and just move down to the next one... One thing I've learned in life is that unhappy people will always find something to be unhappy about.....just human nature I think.

What position would you say would be the next one up for some to be worried about?