2020 3* OG/C Avery Jernigan COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

22 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets just get some OF tackles and then we can all be happy.............but I doubt it

Unfortunately U would be one of the ones complaining when we do.     

• Angry 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

What position would you say would be the next one up for some to be worried about?

There aren’t any. After all of the reassurance we’ve received about Gus’ roster management, JB’s recruiting and coaching ability, our offensive scheme/play calling, etc. I am totally relaxed about next year and thereafter. We’re in great hands, man! Just sit back and wait for the championships to roll in brother! WDE!

• Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, ellitor said:

We’re not taking 8 OLs in this class. Six is most likely with seven as an option

how many of these do you think will be or hopefully be OTs?  I heard that Jernigan is actually around 6-4 & 290 lbs.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

how many of these do you think will be or hopefully be OTs?

Hoping for 3.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I heard that Jernigan is actually around 6-4 & 290 lbs.

Regardless my understanding is the staff likes & wants him inside.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

AJ picked up some hardware today...

How they hell they gonna find t-shirts too big for OLs? Damn. Dude looks like somebody's husky 9 year old.

I say this knowing full well that he's probably a great guy and could definitely whup my ass. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:32 PM, AU-24 said:

Actually, absolutely, positively no! This is what your inside source... (WDE) said: “but Dilly closed the deal

This is what the recruit said: “(Grimes) has been the main one recruiting me and I love him,” Jernigan said. “He’s a very down-to-earth person. He’s going to shoot it straight with you and he’s going to tell yothe truth” I really like Coach Grimes.

So try again! 

What? Damn you are really got your panties in a wad. It's cute. Dilly did finish the deal here. But JB did lay the groundwork and should get most of the credit. That's all I was saying. Dilly is going to be a HUGE asset on the recruiting trail. This is coming from multiple people BTW, even the kids coach. So we have upgrades in the recruiting department at OC and RB now. Huge. 

I'll admit I was hard on Grimes but I've backed off some. Gus and Horton put him in a no win position last year. Still JB isn't a very good recruiter. Is what it is. 

• Like 7

On 2/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, aujeff11 said:

He didn’t even know MAR was locked in until an hour before his decision. This whole connections thing is overblown. Fact of the matter is Jernigan seems to be in the minority in being impressed with Grimes.

MAR was not locked into AU till Gus and Caddy made the in home visit. FWIW. Gus did close the deal that night with Caddy. And I always said that IMO MAR wasn't sold on AU. I didn't have any inside info here and never claimed to. Jeffy. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, aujeff11 said:

He does the same old crap. Did it with Kerryon. I can see past it. I am not asking you to change your opinion, but give me a break with him being the most reliable. When one talks a lot, the fair share of hits or misses will be there. 

I’ve been here for too long for some but long enough nevertheless, for you to know my mind isn’t changing on this. 

Kerryon? What you talking about Jeffy? 

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He was referring to you being pretty much the only one connected to the program or covering recruiting for AU that was very worried about KJ flipping to Bama pretty much a good bit of his commitment time til not long before he signed.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was referring to you being pretty much the only one connected to the program or covering recruiting for AU that was very worried about KJ flipping to Bama pretty much a good bit of his commitment time til not long before he signed.

Lol. Wow. Man Jeffy. How many battles have we won when going head to head vs bama when bama really wanted a kid? Not many. Give props to Gus and Kodi this year for holding onto the kid from HT. bama made a huge run at him and he sticked. 

56 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ding ding ding. 

33 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lol. Wow. Man Jeffy.

Morning, pumpkin 😘

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I didn't have any inside info here and never claimed to. Jeffy. 

You said you’ve had “a bad feeling with MAR for months” just last week. If you don’t have inside sources on him, then what are you passing along? A 2 month long gut feeling? MAR said he felt a special connection with Auburn dating all the way back to eighth grade. Kerryon was never a real threat to flip either. You just want drama. 

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ding ding ding. 

Morning, pumpkin 😘

You said you’ve had “a bad feeling with MAR for months” just last week. If you don’t have inside sources on him, then what are you passing along? A 2 month long gut feeling? MAR said he felt a special connection with Auburn dating all the way back to eighth grade. Kerryon was never a real threat to flip either. You just want drama. 

I might be upset if I was a paying customer...but I'm not...and he's not getting paid for this either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lol. Wow. Man Jeffy. How many battles have we won when going head to head vs bama when bama really wanted a kid? Not many. Give props to Gus and Kodi this year for holding onto the kid from HT. bama made a huge run at him and he sticked. 

I was wrong on that one I thought for sure bammer was going to flip him. Gotta give to Gus and Kodi 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ding ding ding. 

Morning, pumpkin 😘

Jeffy Jeffy Jeffy. Think its funny that I'm under your skin so much. As far as"passing along"? Isn't this a recruiting board for recruiting discussion?

As far as MAR. Even with that special connection dating back to the 8th grade, MAR didn't tell Gus till Gus's in home that he was committed to AU. Per that same article. 

KJ? Seems he wasn't a real threat to flip, bama did make a run at him late and he did listen. That was concerning to me and the AU coaches at the time. 

Edited by WarDamnEagleWDE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Jeffy Jeffy Jeffy. Think its funny that I'm under your skin

Don’t give yourself a big head now. You don’t have enough rocks in your pocket for all of that. 

52 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

As far as MAR. Even with that special connection dating back to the 8th grade, MAR didn't tell Gus till Gus's in home that he was committed to AU. Per that same article

Article or radio interview?  Link?