2020 3* OG/C Avery Jernigan COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

Early offers from AU, SCe, FSU, UK, Louisville, & Nebraska
Has visited AU numerous times

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

4-star OL from Georgia commits to Auburn

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 22 minutes ago 

3 Comments

Avery Jernigan, 2020 OL target. (Photo: Keith Niebuhr , 247Sports)

Auburn has a big need for offensive linemen in the 2020 recruiting cycle and the Tigers are addressing it easy.

On Thursday night, Avery Jernigan -- a recruit high on the board -- publicly committed to Auburn. He's a 4-star junior from Blackshear (Ga.) Pierce County who is 6-feet-3, 278 pounds. Jernigan chose the Tigers over South Carolina. He has visited Auburn several times, most recently last weekend.

Jernigan is rated as a tackle but likely will play inside for the Tigers.

He's the No. 32 recruit in Georgia in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. Jernigan becomes 2020 commitment No. 5 for Auburn.

3COMMENTS

Jernigan told Auburn Undercover he informed Tigers coach Gus Malzahn of his decision Thursday afternoon.

Great but another guard more then likely

• Like 4

We need OT for sure but also need all lineman.  Kendall Simmons played tackle in college at 6’3”.   Just need him to be nasty.   

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* OG Avery Jernigan COMMITS TO AU!!!
  • ellitor featured and pinned this topic
  • ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* OG Austin Jernigan COMMITS TO AU!!!

Love the film. He plays nasty in the highlights. 5 to 6 more nasty strong OL’s with some tackles and I will be satisfied.

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

maybe he will grow more.  either way  its a good start 

just a growing boy.....expect he's not maxed out yet...height or weight....and a good start for the next class...

• Like 3

Some of y’all would take lemons and make piss. Hell yeah I’m excited about this get! Picking him up doesn’t negate gettin an OT in 2020. If anything when kids commit it frees you up some of your focus to the uncomitted.

Let’s get another Guard and 4 OT’s so these people can relax! War Damn Eagle.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

E - please change the kid’s name to Avery instead of Austin in the title.

@CameronCrazy I originally had it as Avery then saw his Twitter has Austin so I changed it. Just noticed his 247 profile says Avery so I changed it back.

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

WDE!   1 down,  7 to go!!!

We’re not taking 8 OLs in this class. Six is most likely with seven as an option

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those wondering JB Grimes is listed as the primary recruiter but Dilly is listed as a secondary recruiter. I have seen talk Dilly may be taking over OL recruiting and this could be a sign of it. As a coordinator instead of an actual position coach he may be in a better position to put more influence on helping recruit a position. I’ve heard he’s a good recruiter for what it’s worth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Glad we got off strong on the OL. Need a bunch more now ha. War Eagle as always 🦅 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

For those wondering JB Grimes is listed as the primary recruiter but Dilly is listed as a secondary recruiter. I have seen talk Dilly may be taking over OL recruiting and this could be a sign of it. As a coordinator instead of an actual position coach he may be in a better position to put more influence on helping recruit a position. I’ve heard he’s a good recruiter for what it’s worth.

Is Dilly really trying to start a Arizona to Auburn pipeline?