2020 3* OG/C Avery Jernigan COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Jump right into the deep end.

Image result for jump into frozen pool gif

That hurts to even look at. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

That hurts to even look at. 

Yeah, I actually hate watching fail videos where people hurt themselves. I was hoping to find a gif a little more gentle for my joke. But I'm pretty sure dude was okay. Or least not any more not-okay than he was when he decided to try that...

• Like 1

I really like this kid.  3 more like him and 3 more with his attitude in bigger body and we will be set.  I think I saw someone say that he may be C.  I love that idea.  To me C is the most important player on the field.  Only player that touches the ball EVERY snap.  He has to be one of the smartest and the meanest on the field.

• Like 1

nice pick up. Likely to be a guard or center. Time to get some 6-6 300 lbs. OTs added to the commit list.

From the kids mouth:  

Jernigan informed Gus Malzahn and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes of his decision. Jernigan and Grimes have developed a strong bond over the past year. 

“(Grimes) has been the main one recruiting me and I love him,” Jernigan said. “He’s a very down-to-earth person. He’s going to shoot it straight with you and he’s going to tell you the truth. If he says something he means it. That’s what stuck out to me about him. I really like Coach Grimes.”

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/georgia-ol-commits-to-auburn

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

From the kids mouth:  

Jernigan informed Gus Malzahn and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes of his decision. Jernigan and Grimes have developed a strong bond over the past year. 

“(Grimes) has been the main one recruiting me and I love him,” Jernigan said. “He’s a very down-to-earth person. He’s going to shoot it straight with you and he’s going to tell you the truth. If he says something he means it. That’s what stuck out to me about him. I really like Coach Grimes.”

Nice get for JB. Maybe JB will surprise us and bring in some additional OL recruits.  I am not sure where to look, but does anyone know where or if there is a list of OLs we are recruiting?  I appreciate this very much & WDE!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

We’re not taking 8 OLs in this class. Six is most likely with seven as an option

Hey Ellitor....I have been looking to see who are the OL we are recruiting for 2020. Can you direct me where to go? I appreciate this much my friend & WDE!

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Ellitor....I have been looking to see who are the OL we are recruiting for 2020. Can you direct me where to go? I appreciate this much my friend & WDE!

Not E but...

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

There haven't been many articles on 2020 OL so I doin't really know yet other than what todd posted.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* OG/C Avery Jernigan COMMITS TO AU!!!
33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There haven't been many articles on 2020 OL so I doin't really know yet other than what todd posted.

And I posted only once!👏

Edited by toddc

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

From the kids mouth:  

Now you know we can't have this. You can't be giving JB any credit for recruiting, it just doesn't fit the narrative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Watched this man's film. He is VICIOUS!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

Now you know we can't have this. You can't be giving JB any credit for recruiting, it just doesn't fit the narrative.

There's no narrative. WDE is our most connected source on recruiting & he gave JB a lot of credit on this one earlier in the thread.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

There's no narrative. WDE is our most connected source on recruiting & he gave JB a lot of credit on this one earlier in the thread.

On this board?  The hell there's not!  All I read on here about JB is that he is not a good recruiter but is a good talent developer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dilligas said:

On this board?  The hell there's not!  All I read on here about JB is that he is not a good recruiter but is a good talent developer.

Was only talking about this recruitment.

Just now, ellitor said:

Was only talking about this recruitment.

Ok, but I think the poster was talking about the narrative on JB Grimes' recruiting prowess.  He was pointing out that the recruit's comments about JB doesn't fit the narrative.  And he was right, it doesn't.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Ok, but I think the poster was talking about the narrative on JB Grimes' recruiting prowess.  He was pointing out that the recruit's comments about JB doesn't fit the narrative.  And he was right, it doesn't.

It really doesn't fit the narrative. Before that qoute from the player was posted, posters were starting to give Dilly more credit than JB

27 minutes ago, dilligas said:

This is a foolish discussion to have. What commit in the history of college football doesn't have good things to say about his future position coach when he commits? A big fat 0. That doesn't mean the position coach is a great or even good recruiter. JB landed AJ. Great job. That does not excuse his misses last year when he was given big leads on Wanya & Putnam from T-Will & Horton respectively as well given a good spot with Clay Webb from Garner. Per people not named WDE who are very close to the program & have no ill will to JB, he choked them all away. Label it narrative or whatever, reality is through the 2019 class missing those guys with big leads on 2 of them & falling 2 short of the number of OL Gus wanted from him in the class is the definition of him not being a good recruiter, at least through that point.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

posters were starting to give Dilly more credit than JB

WDE is the only one who posted in this thread so far who has actual recruiting connections to AU. He gave both JB & Dilly credit FWIW.

• Like 1