2020 3* OG/C Avery Jernigan COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Is Dilly really trying to start a Arizona to Auburn pipeline?

Its probably for the best we start trying to expand a little bit...we're gonna have to gradually concede some ground in this region with UT and UGA starting to flex their...muscles. As well as Ole Miss somehow..recruiting well again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

It hasn’t helped Az or Az State for what it’s worth 😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

We’ll see by who  we land. He’s put a number of offers out though.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

For those wondering JB Grimes is listed as the primary recruiter but Dilly is listed as a secondary recruiter. I have seen talk Dilly may be taking over OL recruiting and this could be a sign of it. As a coordinator instead of an actual position coach he may be in a better position to put more influence on helping recruit a position. I’ve heard he’s a good recruiter for what it’s worth.

Dilly also answers the issue about a younger guy doing some of the contact work too. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lala said:

vIt hasn’t helped Az or Az State for what it’s worth 😀

Tue but they can't keep their best players home which is part of the problem ..only 2 of their top 20 stayed in state.......same with USC and UCLA....watching the top talent from Calif leave the state.     Out of the top 25 in Calif, only 6 stayed in state...Oregon cleaned house there but Texas, Tennessee, Clemson, Florida and south Carolina also got at least one of their top 10. 

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

Some of y’all would take lemons and make piss. Hell yeah I’m excited about this get! Picking him up doesn’t negate gettin an OT in 2020. If anything when kids commit it frees you up some of your focus to the uncomitted.

Let’s get another Guard and 4 OT’s so these people can relax! War Damn Eagle.

uga visited Avery this week and offered. Kid is legit. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

uga visited Avery this week and offered. Kid is legit. 

Do you think he is solid to us?  Or could UGA get in the mix?

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

@CameronCrazy I originally had it as Avery then saw his Twitter has Austin so I changed it. Just noticed his 247 profile says Avery so I changed it back.

I think the twitter account that you saw was his brother Austin’s. Austin is a 2021 MLB recruit. Avery’s twitter profile actually says Avery.

19 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I think the twitter account that you saw was his brother Austin’s. Austin is a 2021 MLB recruit. Avery’s twitter profile actually says Avery.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Can someone explain why OTs need to be tall? I get agility and weight but what’s the purpose of them being tall? This guy looks plenty good to play tackle 

I think it's more about arm length, and possibly about being able to have a wide stance when they drop the outside foot, but I'm literally talking just to talk, good morning everyone, Happy Friday...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:
55 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Center. 

Well that's a lot better

Yup. Barring attrition we are going to have 4 or 5 on roster when he gets here.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Can someone explain why OTs need to be tall? I get agility and weight but what’s the purpose of them being tall? This guy looks plenty good to play tackle 

yeah, pls share why the longer arms and height.   I think it is to keep the guy away from the QB a bit more (ie - DL arms outstretched create problems),  but I don't know either. 

Just now, McLoofus said:
12 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I think it's more about arm length,

More to it than that I'm sure but there's the starting point.

14 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

There may be other DL or OL coaches on the site but I bet @Hunter48 would have a really good answer if he stops by.

25 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This is what Bill Walsh had to say a few years ago. He is talking NFL so college play would presumably add weight and muscle but height should change very little. 

Really depends per scheme. Here is Bill Walsh talking about how he views each position. He adds what he thinks today's ideal sizes are.

Edit:

For the NFL now I would say

• QBs: 6'3''-6'5'' 220-235 (Andrew Luck 6'5'' 235 )

• RBs: Doesn't matter

• TEs: 6'3''-6'7'' 245-270 (Gronk 6'6'' 265)

• OT: 6'4''-6'8'' 310-325 (Joe Thomas 6'7' 312)

• OG: 6'3''-6'5'' 300-330 (Marshall Yanda 6'4'' 307)

• 😄6'2''-6'4'' (Nick Mangold 6'4'' 307"

For defense it is easier to assume for a basic 4-3.

• DE: 6'3''-6'6'' 255-275 (Robert Quinn 6'4'' 265)

• DT: 6'3''-6'6'' 295-320 (Ndamukong Suh 6'4'' 307)

• OLB: 6'2''-6'4'' 235-250 (Khalil Mack 6'3'' 250)

• MLB: 6'2''-6'4'' 240-250 (Luke Kuechley 6'3'' 241)

• CB: 5'11''-6'3'' 190-205 (Richard Sheman 6'3'' 200)

• S: 5'11''-6'3'' 190-220 (Harrison Smith 6'2'' 215)

• ST: Doesn't really matter.

Edited by gr82be
I have no idea why there is a smiley emoticon where the center position is. Sorry.
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Barring attrition we are going to have 4 or 5 on roster when he gets here.

Well we will a least have depth...........................

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Beaker said:

yeah, pls share why the longer arms and height.   I think it is to keep the guy away from the QB a bit more (ie - DL arms outstretched create problems),  but I don't know either. 

yep....so they can hold better when beaten by a DE on a pass rush...:)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is a huge commitment, this kid is just the type of mean, mauler we need up front. He looks athletic pulling and can play center. 

:clap:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1