Sign in to follow this  
Tigerpro2a

AU coaches' recruiter rankings (All Threads Merged)

Recommended Posts

So I thought this was interesting. Coach R. Garner is sitting at #8 which isn't bad at all, but where the rest of AU? I see Alabama, LSU, UGA, and TaMu all have at least 2 in the top 25.....this draws a narrative on the state of our program....no i definitely dont take this at face value...but it is intriguing....all in all though kudos to CRG.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeCoachRankings/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I thought this was interesting. Coach R. Garner is sitting at #8 which isn't bad at all, but where the rest of AU? I see Alabama, LSU, UGA, and TaMu all have at least 2 in the top 25.....this draws a narrative on the state of our program....no i definitely dont take this at face value...but it is intriguing....all in all though kudos to CRG.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeCoachRankings/

DANG the dawgs are loaded, 4 coaches made the top 25 and the great Dell McGee didn't even make it.  

Good for CRG though, that's a pretty elite list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I thought this was interesting. Coach R. Garner is sitting at #8 which isn't bad at all, but where the rest of AU? I see Alabama, LSU, UGA, and TaMu all have at least 2 in the top 25.....this draws a narrative on the state of our program....no i definitely dont take this at face value...but it is intriguing....all in all though kudos to CRG.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeCoachRankings/

E has mentioned this a few times. They don't accurately measure which coaches have earned which recruits. We have some stellar recruiters and we have some "meh" recruiters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

E has mentioned this a few times. They don't accurately measure which coaches have earned which recruits. We have some stellar recruiters and we have some "meh" recruiters.

Yes I figured there is quite a bit of conjecture to the measuring. The fact that Dell M. from UGA isnt on there is a very telling to that point. Heres a question for you all reading this thread though.....How would you rank our top 5 or top 10 recruiters....that should be a fun discussion. I personally do not know which coach has put in the most work with each recruit but I would definitely have RG at #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very misleading ranking. Why I rarely look at or reference them. The actual main recruiters are actually often different that who 247 has listed. Coach Garner deserves to be commended no doubt but just on his commits alone Woodson is as involved if not more for Zion, Hand, & Hall plus Simpson & Kelly who are listed for him as well as Sheffield & Pritchett who are not listed for him.

Porter is only given credit for Fromm & Deal but he had a solid hand in all our offensive skill signees/ commits especially DJ & heavily responsible for where we are with MAR.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

that should be a fun discussion.

We've had it before. Will be interesting though to see if anything has changed on @WarDamnEagleWDE's rankings since it was last discussed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus didn't do all he could to keep DC on our staff. I'd much either have Craig as WR coach then Burns.

The jury is still out for me on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes I figured there is quite a bit of conjecture to the measuring. The fact that Dell M. from UGA isnt on there is a very telling to that point. Heres a question for you all reading this thread though.....How would you rank our top 5 or top 10 recruiters....that should be a fun discussion. I personally do not know which coach has put in the most work with each recruit but I would definitely have RG at #1

How would anyone even know....?   counting commits?   bet about anyone could be a top recruiter at bama right now....or uga or Clemson. 

JMO but the best recruiter in the bunch is the guy from Ga Tech who has less to work with than just about any school or recruiter on the list. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus didn't do all he could to keep DC on our staff. I'd much either have Craig as WR coach then Burns.

So, you really liked all those passes we dropped while DC was the WR coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, you really liked all those passes we dropped while DC was the WR coach?

So coach....how do you "coach" someone to catch better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cole256 said:

So coach....how do you "coach" someone to catch better?

Run some drills

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What drills are that you think? 

The ones that make you catch better.  Let me go check Youtube.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

The ones that make you catch better.  Let me go check Youtube.

Right pretty much EVERYBODY on EARTH runs the same exact drills. There's no super trick or technique. If you want to be able to catch you go to a jugg machine and you catch 500 balls. You get with the qb and work with him for hours at a time. Now there's a bunch of different things to teach as far as identifying coverage, how to attack them, lining up, your stance, your release, setting up your defender, blocking, using your eyes, attacking the ball in the air, but nobody can really teach you how to catch......you work on that yourself. A wr dropping a pass is the LAST thing you blame on a wr coach. If that wr was open and had a chance at the ball the wr coach has done an excellent job. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right pretty much EVERYBODY on EARTH runs the same exact drills. There's no super trick or technique. If you want to be able to catch you go to a jugg machine and you catch 500 balls. You get with the qb and work with him for hours at a time. Now there's a bunch of different things to teach as far as identifying coverage, how to attack them, lining up, your stance, your release, setting up your defender, blocking, using your eyes, attacking the ball in the air, but nobody can really teach you how to catch......you work on that yourself. A wr dropping a pass is the LAST thing you blame on a wr coach. If that wr was open and had a chance at the ball the wr coach has done an excellent job. 

So, why does Kodi run those drills and Craig didn't? That's apparently how it is because they are catching the balls for Kodi that they dropped for Craig.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mikey said:

So, why does Kodi run those drills and Craig didn't? That's apparently how it is because they are catching the balls for Kodi that they dropped for Craig.

So you telling me Craig didn't run drills huh? That wouldn't even be Craig's fault it would be Gus's for being a damn dummy. You really just pissed me off if what you say is true. If Gus was walking around and NEVER saw his wr running drills he's an idiot and doesn't deserve a team......he was an offensive coordinator.....he was a freaking wr......

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, why does Kodi run those drills and Craig didn't? That's apparently how it is because they are catching the balls for Kodi that they dropped for Craig.

Are you being serious? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Are you being serious? 

No. I was responding to Cole's ridiculous post. Trying to reach the same level of ridiculous as a Cole post is challenging. Try it some time and you'll see what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah. Now we're pretending that Kodi's guys don't drop just as many balls as CDC's guys did? 

Can anybody have a serious conversation on this site anymore?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No. I was responding to Cole's ridiculous post. Trying to reach the same level of ridiculous as a Cole post is challenging. Try it some time and you'll see what I mean.

So you're just going to pretend that our best wr didn't have issues with drops huh?'Sal didn't either did he? Wr from Auburn don't drop balls 😂😂. I guess kodi came in and said no you guys were coached to open your hands like this? You open your hands like that! Then I'll tell you the secret that separates guys like him and me.......you open your eyes and look at the ball 🙀!!!!! The secret has been cracked??? And then I bet he worked on their catching form. I bet that's the new position coach we have that nobody else in the country has, a form catching coach because you always hear people talking about having the proper form when making a catch right?? Gtfoh

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like common sense that there would be ways to help guys catch more balls if they’re dropping a lot of them. There’s absolutely different techniques for catching a ball. When to fully extend your arms, when to catch it tight to your body, or catch it in the breadbasket etc..., but the best thing is practice, practice, practice. I don’t see what the argument is about.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, toddc said:

It seems like common sense that there would be ways to help guys catch more balls if they’re dropping a lot of them. There’s absolutely different techniques for catching a ball. When to fully extend your arms, when to catch it tight to your body, or catch it in the breadbasket etc..., but the best thing is practice, practice, practice. I don’t see what the argument is about.

There are ways to coach a guy to catch better. There aren't any ways or methods that Coach A at P5 Program 1 is using and Coach B at P5 Program 2 isn't. Nor are blue chip WRs learning much about catching the ball better at the college level. They are blue chip WRs playing at the college level because they already know how to catch.

I'm curious, though, if this conversation is unique to Auburn fans. We LOVE to act like a guy drops everything thrown at him, as though it only happens to our guys. There might be a dozen guys in CFB at any given time who don't drop a pass from time to time. Probably not that many. Guys in the NFL drop passes all the time. Julio Jones drops passes with some regularity. 

You know who doesn't drop passes? DeAndre Hopkins. That's the list.

Anyway. DCraig's guys dropped passes. Kodi's guys drop passes. Ben Obamanu dropped a pass. It happens. What Auburn has a problem with now is getting guys open and getting them the ball. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, toddc said:

there would be ways to help guys catch more balls if they’re dropping a lot of them. There’s absolutely different techniques for catching a ball. When to fully extend your arms, when to catch it tight to your body, or catch it in the breadbasket etc..., but the best thing is practice, practice, practice.

Sorry. I can't keep from laughing while reading this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this