AU coaches' recruiter rankings (All Threads Merged)

Tigerpro2a

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You’re going to have to figure out that a lot of people blaming DC and tbe receivers are the same ones that had Sean White shrines in their closets and just knew that Sean White could run a 4.6 by the end of his career. 

I just can't understand how grown men would actually think there are techniques to teaching a person how to catch. When they know they didn't have any techniques in teaching their kids on how to catch a football and they know they don't possess a memory of anybody showing them any special things to do for them to catch.....use two hands! Keep your eye on the ball! Thanks coach here's your 500,000 it was much better hearing you say it than that other guy lol

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You’re going to have to figure out that a lot of people blaming DC and tbe receivers are the same ones that had Sean White shrines in their closets and just knew that Sean White could run a 4.6 by the end of his career. 

Regardless of all that Sean & DC both had their issues. For DC if he didn't have issues he would not have had to be an off field coach for a year in between LSU & aTm.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

just can't understand how grown men would actually think there are techniques to teaching a person how to catch.

Because there are. Nobody comes out of the womb knowing how to catch except Jesus since he was perfect. It is a technique to be taught although a rather simple one.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

When they know they didn't have any techniques in teaching their kids on how to catch a football and they know they don't possess a memory of anybody showing them any special things to do for them to catch.....use two hands! Keep your eye on the ball! Thanks coach here's your 500,000 it was much better hearing you say it than that other guy lol

FTR I taught my cousins as they were coming up. I'm partial to the diamond technique.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just can't understand how grown men would actually think there are techniques to teaching a person how to catch. When they know they didn't have any techniques in teaching their kids on how to catch a football and they know they don't possess a memory of anybody showing them any special things to do for them to catch.....use two hands! Keep your eye on the ball! Thanks coach here's your 500,000 it was much better hearing you say it than that other guy lol

Yeah, they were 4 star athletes recruited because of their talents they already had. I think it’s a hand eye coordination focus thing that cannot be easily enhanced. Either have it or you don’t. 

We had a few dropsies and that messed up partyboys stats, and that was the real angst behind DC. Needed to sacrifice someone to the wolves. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

FTR I taught my cousins as they were coming up. I'm partial to the diamond technique.

I’m partial to the imagine toilet paper 🧻 technique fwiw. 

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

My post wasn’t about the substance of the conversation, but that it goes on for post after post (year after year)arguing the same thing when nobody is going to change their opinions.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

My post wasn’t about the substance of the conversation, but that it goes on for post after post (year after year)arguing the same thing when nobody is going to change their opinions.

tenor.gif?itemid=5089552

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because there are. Nobody comes out of the womb knowing how to catch except Jesus since he was perfect. It is a technique to be taught although a rather simple one.

Yes that's the use two hand technique great name but for sure nobody is walking around a college D1 program having to teach guys how to catch. 

And I never had anyone to show me how to catch. You can have a toddler and they will try to catch without anybody telling them anything. When they get a little older you tell them to open your eyes watch the ball. Use two hands.....in high school no coach is with the wr's showing variations of catching a ball....because they don't exist. Then guys that are gifted with big hands, better reflexes, better hand eye coordination make catches with one hand. Those guys are gifted so you don't see people get mad at them for making one hand catches.....because nobody cares as long as you make the catch. Guys who can do that don't have a technique they just practice it over and over. That's all you can do practice over and over until it becomes second nature

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

God its only January

What technique do you use to catch a beer? The diamond, club, or heart? I don't drink but I use the circle technique but that depends on the flavor of the soda

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What technique do you use to catch a beer? The diamond, club, or heart? I don't drink but I use the circle technique but that depends on the flavor of the soda

He gets a big dumb yellow bird to fetch it for him.

fify

Just now, McLoofus said:

It's gonna be the best year ever. Can't you feel it? I can.

Only thing he can feel is the warmth in his pants from bathroom time.

30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Boom!! 

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He gets a big dumb yellow bird to fetch it for him.

Golf is smarter than he lets on. Has bird eating out of his hand. 

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I use all of them

On 1/30/2019 at 12:15 AM, Mikey said:

So, you really liked all those passes we dropped while DC was the WR coach?

That's funny. It's insinuating CDC coached them to drop the ball. That's absurd. 

On 1/30/2019 at 8:14 AM, Mikey said:

So, why does Kodi run those drills and Craig didn't? That's apparently how it is because they are catching the balls for Kodi that they dropped for Craig.

Kodi has something CDC never had. Legitimate WRs. Craig was given mainly converts and had to teach them the position from the ground up. That is something Kodi hasn't really had to deal with. 

Craig had mostly converted QBs or 3* WRs. The only true heavily recruited WR he ever got to use was Duke. And he was a knucklehead who couldn't act right. But when you compare Darius Slayton, Anthony Schwartz, Seth Williams, and Matthew Hill to Ricardo Louis, Marcus Davis, Quan Bray, and Trovon Reed, the answer is simple. 

Kodi has had more talented natural WRs than Craig could of dreamed about. Every single WR I listed for Kodi played WR growing up, and naturally transitioned into the college game at the position they were comfortable with. While every single one I listed for Craig were converts who weren't big time WRs in high school. Louis, Davis, and Reed were all high school QBs. Quan Bray was projected anywhere from RB, WR, and DB as a high school senior. While the vast majority of the big time WRs Kodi has gotten played WR in high school. It makes a HUGE difference. And its pretty clear as long as you know what you are looking at as to why Kodis WRs don't seem to have the drop problems Craig's had. Kodi has had mainly only actual big time WR recruits. While Craig had mainly big time QB converts

That said, its crazy that TWill and/or Kodi aren't on this list. And WR coach who can attract elite WR talent to play for THIS team under THIS coach, DESERVES to be on the list of best recruiters. And this is coming from someone who hasn't ever been happy about kodi being hired in the first place. Kodi has been the biggest surprise of this staff, with TWill running a close 2nd. Hopefully Caddy can be included in here as well in a year or two.

28 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It makes a HUGE difference. And its pretty clear as long as you know what you are looking at as to why Kodis WRs don't seem to have the drop problems Craig's had. Kodi has had mainly only actual big time WR recruits. While Craig had mainly big time QB converts

Think with Craig, that went back to the old philosophy that the QB was almost always the best athlete on a team and if you recruited a bunch of HS QBs you could turn them into DBs and WRs once they got to college.  

Often that worked out.....but not always as we have seen.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Often that worked out.....but not always as we have seen.

This is true. And it has worked out for us lately. Ryan Davis was a high school QB. And he leaves Auburn as our all time reception leader, but the vast majority of those receptions were within 5 yards of the LOS. Davis is the exception to the rule of converted QBs. But as a whole, kodi has had more natural talent at WR than Craig ever sniffed. 

Craig recruited Kyle Davis, Nate Craig-Myers, Eli Stove, Marquis McClain, Duke Williams, Tony Stevens, Earnest Robinson, Dominic Walker, Ryan Davis....

Kodi recruited 2 guys in 2017. They no longer play WR. He had a good class last year, about on par with Craig's 2016 class. Pickens is a big get, but we owe that as much to Nix as to Kodi.

I'm not crapping on Kodi, but I'm really surprised that this idea that he's been better than CDC persists. For God's sake, we still drop passes!!! 

Oh, also, forgot to mention that your reigning Super Bowl MVP and a possible Hall of Fame NFL WR was a quarterback who caught 1 pass his entire college career. 

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, also, forgot to mention that your reigning Super Bowl MVP and a possible Hall of Fame NFL WR was a quarterback who caught 1 pass his entire college career. 

And that brings up another subject about receivers creating separation, which we all know is completely on the route design.  Quarterback has nothing to do with any of this, by the way.

Archived