AU coaches' recruiter rankings (All Threads Merged)

Tigerpro2a

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, also, forgot to mention that your reigning Super Bowl MVP and a possible Hall of Fame NFL WR was a quarterback who caught 1 pass his entire college career. 

Patsies still suck & are lucky they didn't have to play the Saints.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

Patsies still suck & are lucky they didn't have to play the Saints.

You're damned right on that last part. Pats fans might've been happier than Rams fans about that no-call. 

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

receivers creating separation, which we all know is completely on the route design

How the WR performs the route (IE crisp cuts), hand usage & getting off jams play a factor as well FWIW.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

How the WR performs the route (IE crisp cuts), hand usage & getting off jams play a factor as well FWIW.

I guess I don't do sarcasm as well as most on this board....

I understand that creating separation is very much on the receiver.  Occasionally the QB can create space with the throw, most notably the back shoulder ball.  Or if you've got Anthony Schwartz just putting out there as far as you can.

Had 6 commits in his first cycle for us. ALL 6 stars. Top 10 ranked recruiter in the country!!! One of the best hires Gus has ever made. WAR DAMN MARCUS WOODSON!!!! WOOO!!!!!!! LETS GOOO BABY!!!!!!!! Him and Rodney Garner were CLUTCH AND CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSED like a beast baby!!!!!!!!!!

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeCoachRankings/

https://247sports.com/Coach/Marcus-Woodson-2219/

He and Garner snatched 3 of the top D-linemen in Mississippi where AU has had no success in years. Incredible work.

I remember when many questioned the hire.  Really happy to see it work out.  I hope at this time next year we say the same about Dilly.

Yeah i don't know if this guys gets the credit for all the Mississippi DL talent we just pulled in but i can't ever recall us raiding the state like that. Amazing job by the D coaches on making it happen 

8 hours ago, gravejd said:

Yeah i don't know if this guys gets the credit for all the Mississippi DL talent we just pulled in but i can't ever recall us raiding the state like that. Amazing job by the D coaches on making it happen 

Woodson is why they all  began to have interest in us and seriously consider us. Him and the OG great closer Garner sealed the deal down the stretch to put a bow on this class.  Team effort by those 2. 

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Had 6 commits in his first cycle

FTR he had seven. Wasn’t given the credit he deserves for Pritchett.

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Need some closers on the O side of the ball and we’ll be... Gucci. 😎

Well we have one but he’s coaching out of position so to speak.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

AMEN!!! YOU SAID IT!

er.gif

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AMEN!!! YOU SAID IT!

er.gif

You love you some Porter -

“house steaks “ don’t you Gwill? Sorry, that’s bad! Imagonna leave it though. Wooooo Porter

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

You love you some Porter -

“house steaks “ don’t you Gwill? Sorry, that’s bad! Imagonna leave it though. Wooooo Porter

If people come for Porter then I will come for them. As simple as that. There is a few people around these parts who do not believe in Porter. Well I hate those said people.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

If people come for Porter then I will come for them. As simple as that. There is a few people around these parts who do not believe in Porter. Well I hate those said people.

Love what he did with special teams and hope he does same with the new tight ends he’s gotten this year. I would have loved to see him get a shot at running backs, but I do like having a Caddie!

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Is that the one that finished 491st nationally and 100th in the conference?

Great job by Woodson. I will say I'm somewhat concerned about our in state recruiting. 3 players from Alabama, and a whiff on possibly the most talented two, losing them to GA. 

I hope our coaching staff would use the fact that Alabama is recruiting nationally, and passing up in state talent, except for a hand picked few. We have got to up our game. Just off the top of my head, we have recently lost two elite recruits from Auburn high school to Alabama, Ross from our back yard to Clemson, and now Webb, and what's his name from Hoover to GA. We've got to step up our game. At least on the offensive side of the ball!

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Is that the one that finished 491st nationally and 100th in the conference?

I’m glad I have you bird, you post the things I want to post at times when I’m biting my tongue lol

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Love what he did with special teams and hope he does same with the new tight ends he’s gotten this year. I would have loved to see him get a shot at running backs, but I do like having a Caddie!

Do not get your hopes up for more usage out of the tight end. That is still totally Malzahns call. They are glorified OL in a Gus offense. Just be happy for the 4 passes they get thrown next year if we are lucky lol.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m glad I have you bird, you post the things I want to post at times when I’m biting my tongue lol

My wife says my filter is broken... 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Do not get your hopes up for more usage out of the tight end. That is still totally Gus call. They are glorified OL in Malzahns offense. Just be happy for he 4 passes they get thrown next year if we are lucky lol.

So you think we'll double their production? That's great!

Just now, bigbird said:

So you think we'll double their production? That's great!

f.gif

Archived