Sand Dollar Softball

AU64

Auburn playing game #1 this afternoon and Swindle  in the circle...radio only

After  3rd....tied at 1.   

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin is in the batting order at #4.....

1 minute ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Who's playing left?

Podany I think....did not hear the lineup but heard her make a running catch that I think was to left.  Just kind of casually listening.

AU has couple runners on by aid of error....runners on second and third....two SBs already to CMD has 'em running. 

Rivera with single up the middle to bring in a run...now up 2-1 with runners on second and third....Fornis bunts to bring in run on squeeze and makes it to first...goes to second and draws a throw which allowed Rivera to score ….so AU up 4-1 now.

Fornis caught stealing at 3rd  for out #2.

Another infield hit by Podany  …4th of the inning and hit by Snow puts runners at the corners...

TSU coach to go with a new pitcher...

3 runs and 6 hits....but not wearing the ball out....mostly infield balls that AU speed was able to turn into hits...  '

AU up 4-1...bottom of the 4th

Swindle still pitching....

Greenwood to LF in place of Fornis who was out there....so guess maybe Podney was in center. 

Second solo HR by TSU today... 

I have the broadcast now - evidently the OF is Podany, Fornis, & Rivera in some order.  Oops - Greenwood just subbed in for Fornis in left.  Podany in center, I guess.

TSU hits solo homer to lead off 4th.

4 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Didn’t this team win like four or five games total last year? This doesn’t sound good

I think Slot said they won 4 games.

5 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I think Slot said they won 4 games.

Well, that was last year so who knows? ......and cold windy day, etc.....baseball and softball are not so predictable about margins of victory...JMO 

Well that was nice....Veach with 3 run HR and AU is up 9-3 now

T6,:  Podany KC, Snow singled but thrown out stealing second, Crack singled, Dowell HBP.  Martin an RBI on a 2-out error by 2b; Veach a 3-run homer.  9-3 Auburn.  Perry reaches on error by ss Snell, Snell injured.  Rivera barely misses a 2-run homer, but a loud out.

Nillen in to catch Handley for B6.

Leadoff walk followed by some leather flash by Snow on a ball in the hole.  One out, rnr on 2d or 3d.  Two passed balls or WPs so far.

Another walk.  Harris coming in.

WP moves runners to 2d and 3d, then another nice play by Snow on a 6-3.  Two outs.  Popup to Rivera for out 3.

looks like AU not going to beat the spread....but lots of players got into the game....announcers complaining about the weather ...cold/wind and there is another game to follow....too bad....was so nice yesterday and earlier in the week. 

OK....Auburn ladies are 1-0 for the season ….

Heard the CMD said he would start a different pitcher for each game this weekend......good development opportunity for them. 

Veach carried the offense..   4/4 with 2 HRs...

Archived