Chowder, Farts, & Robert Duvall

Zeek

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Agreed also The Great Santini

Damn, I almost forgot that one. Love all of Pat Conroy’s stuff. “Tender Mercies” one of Duvall’s best roles....

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Agreed also The Great Santini

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Damn, I almost forgot that one. Love all of Pat Conroy’s stuff. “Tender Mercies” one of Duvall’s best roles....

He was really good in the one where he was a preacher, too.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

same here

Just for the record, is there anyone who prefers Progresso over Campbells.....just wondering so that I can ignore any comments you might offer :)

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

My favorite Duval movies were Gone In 60 Seconds & Days Of Thunder..Love the ice cream & hit the pace car scenes.

Hard to beat Lonesome Dove or Tender Mercies.....kind of like he was playing himself in those...the latter being a low budget flick but a nice storyline. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He was really good in the one where he was a preacher, too.

I have to admit I didn’t like that movie much😔

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I have to admit I didn’t like that movie much😔

I honestly don't remember the movie a ton, I just remember thinking, damn, Robert Duvall can act.

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I honestly don't remember the movie a ton, I just remember thinking, damn, Robert Duvall can act.

Agree. He loves the hell out of some Campbell’s soup too....

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Agree. He loves the hell out of some Campbell’s soup too....

Ol' Souper Bob! That's what we used to call him. That or Chowderhead. Chowderhead Duvall, hehe, yes sir. 

Yep. 

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Does anybody know what Robert Duvall and Campbell’s soup have to do with football recruiting? Asking for a friend.....

It's what you do while waiting on something to happen in the way of recruiting that might be worth talking about.....otherwise, need to keep the keyboard warm.

I’m also a clam chowder junkie. The Campbell’s is certainly eatable. Red Lobster is pretty good but the cafeteria at work used to make some of the best I’ve had. There’s not much else I can say good about this cafe. 

Archived