2020 3* LB Rodney Groce

ellitor

54 minutes ago, gravejd said:

2019?

Class of 2020, is on profile. Probably a typo by e!

Sign him up. Love the way he plays across the line of scrimage. He is agressive and smart; several times in the film he figured out the play before the ball was snapped. He has to end up with 4 stars for too long. 

Just as we're thin at offensive linemen, we're also thin at linebacker. Maybe as the 2020 season rocks on, Groce will go from a 3 star to a 4 or 5 star linebacker and Rodney will sign with Auburn.

Have we ever signed a recruit from Pleasant Grove, Al HS?  Didn't that town get flattened by an F5 tornado 7 or 8 years back? I remember seeing pics of that destructive storm and thinking how devastating it was.  I have some friends that went to that school years ago.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Have we ever signed a recruit from Pleasant Grove, Al HS?  Didn't that town get flattened by an F5 tornado 7 or 8 years back? I remember seeing pics of that destructive storm and thinking how devastating it was.  I have some friends that went to that school years ago.

I don't recall any player from Pleasant Grove ever being highly recruited by and SEC school in football.  And yes, the town was hit hard by the tornados in 2011.  The same tornado that hit Tuscaloosa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 7:23 PM, tinman said:

I don't recall any player from Pleasant Grove ever being highly recruited by and SEC school in football.  And yes, the town was hit hard by the tornados in 2011.  The same tornado that hit Tuscaloosa.

FYI, Groce transferred to Pleasant Grove prior to starting his Junior year.  He was previously at Munford in Talladega County.  Athletic kid.

59 minutes ago, AU_Twisterman said:

FYI, Groce transferred to Pleasant Grove prior to starting his Junior year.  He was previously at Munford in Talladega County.  Athletic kid.

Supposedly a thumper too.

Watched the video. Nice speed for his size. Seems very athletic too. Sign him up.

• 4 weeks later...

That young man could jump over the Tennessee River!

• 1 month later...

This kid is the real thing good size speed and athleticism with a nose for the ball who likes to lsy the wood. This would be a great pick up.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This kid is the real thing good size speed and athleticism with a nose for the ball who likes to lsy the wood. This would be a great pick up.

Not sure he’s a taker right now unless he camped at his recent visit. Cam Riley, Steiner, Tisdale were all higher on the staffs board. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

spot just opened up

Is he a take? 

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Don’t know...Keith N tweeted “SEC bound?”

I guess first one in the boat for him or Tisdol.

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I guess first one in the boat for him or Tisdol.

Nope. Rodney is not a take and we have to wait to hear how the AU staff feels about Tisdol’s grades.

Archived