Men at LSU - game thread

AU64

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow. For the 2-3 good mins, there’s 4-5 min of just brain dead stupidity. It’s not effort, it’s focus and these guys lack that in waves in a way that is so very frustrating. LSU shouldn’t be in this game yet over and over LSU benefits from what can only be described as collective brain failure. 

Halftime, Auburn leads 41-38.  We have to take better care of the basketball.  Too many turnovers to close out that half.

THIS HAS BEEN EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UN FREAKING REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM LOSING MY MIND OVER THE END OF THE HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear when we got a 10 point lead that little troll waters poked the ball from our guys 3 straight possessions and got a steal. The fact we are only up 3 feels like a huge loss at this point. This team just makes way way way to many DA decisions. Especially on the road. I mean we really cannot shoot it any better than that. 

It’s also unreal how we went from being automatic on under the basket out of bounds to it being automatic against us. I miss forcing teams to call timeouts constantly when they throw it from underneath.

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Halftime, Auburn leads 41-38.  We have to take better care of the basketball.  Too many turnovers to close out that half.

11 turnovers in the first half. We went 4 straight possessions with a turnover to end the half. We should be up double digits. 

If you live by the 3, you will die by the 3. We need to get to the free throw line and get points in other ways. Have to take care of the basketball, stop making stupid fouls, and not get out-hustled/positioned for rebounds. If you are going to foul, then make sure they don’t get the “and-1”

SMH. Harper was the most careless with the rock as I have seen him all year. ALSO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE GET A CALL?! I know we do not take it to the rack often but geez a foul is a foul. Harper kept on getting bumped and hacked the whole first half and NOTHING. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

THIS HAS BEEN EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UN FREAKING REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM LOSING MY MIND OVER THE END OF THE HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear when we got a 10 point lead that little troll waters poked the ball from our guys 3 straight possessions and got a steal. The fact we are only up 3 feels like a huge loss at this point. This team just makes way way way to many DA decisions. Especially on the road. I mean we really cannot shoot it any better than that. 

That’s the biggest thing about this year, we go on big runs that can blow a game open, and when we are away from home, we usually let teams completely erase those runs

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

If you live by the 3, you will die by the 3. We need to get to the free throw line and get points in other ways. Have to take care of the basketball, stop making stupid fouls, and not get out-hustled/positioned for rebounds. If you are going to foul, then make sure they don’t get the “and-1”

We did not die by the three in the first half. We died by our own stupidity. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

That’s the biggest thing about this year, we go on big runs that can blow a game open, and when we are away from home, we usually let teams completely erase those runs

Should of stepped on their throat instead it feels like we will get run in the second half. ALL of what you said is true. We just are absolutely awful defensively on the road. This games shows no matter how far we get in front the other team always has a chance.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We did not die by the three in the first half. We died by our own stupidity. 

We will in the 2nd half if we keep depending on it as our only offense. We aren’t going to be that hot from 3 the entire game. We need to move the ball around and look for back door offense.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tell us how you really feel! :P

Knowing our size disadvantages in the paint the game plan to start was a good one.  We were basically running the same play with similar good results, and clearly looking for the kick out. Wade will probably find some way to adjust to our trailing kick back threes.  Hopefully we are ready for that adjustment and drop some clean dimes to backdoor cuts. 

2 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Did I miss something about Wiley's availability for this game?

Trying to work him back in slowly. He got about 5 mins last week. BP said probably 10 this week

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

SMH. Harper was the most careless with the rock as I have seen him all year. ALSO  CAN WE GET A CALL?! I know we do not take it to the rack often but geez a foul is a foul. Harper kept on getting bumped and hacked the whole first half and NOTHING. 

facts don't support that.  3 turnovers (which we dont' want any, but that's not realistic for a point guard),  4 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal and 14 pts.   NONE of that is careless. If you expect perfection, I suggest stop watching sports.

Archived